Now THAT is bad. Haha
    Haha. Makes me want to bang my head on a pointy object.
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-12-13 03:09 PM
    A screenshot can be edited. There is no way to get concrete proof of any of this.
    03-12-13 03:11 PM
    A screenshot can be edited. There is no way to get concrete proof of any of this.
    agreed. the screenshot won't prove anything - I could email myself using two different accounts, saying that the phones are free and made out of gold... and post the screenshot here, that wouldn't make it any more real. (im not doubting the OP, im just saying posting the screenshot is unnecessary)
    03-12-13 03:13 PM
    That is what I am thinking its for Corporate. Was it T-MO that was supposed to release to corp customers today? Haventy heard any "I got it" yet

Wow tough crowd already figured out a way to debunk a screen shot of the email lol
    03-12-13 03:14 PM
    Usually if it is officially from someone at Verizon, it would have some sort of "official" look to it. Plus an @Verizon.com email address. I know it could still be edited, but it would be more proof than just someone stating this.
    03-12-13 03:15 PM
    If this holds true....I will be playing hooky from work on friday!

ijs
    ajst222, 00stryder and cd1105 like this.
    03-12-13 03:15 PM
    would make a nice long weekend to play with the Z 10
    03-12-13 03:18 PM
    That's only three days away and not a peep about it on the tech blogs?

Nah.
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    03-12-13 03:21 PM
    Been waiting since June to use my upgrade. I am starting to die a little inside each day this thing isn't in my hands. It will be worth it though i'm sure.
    03-12-13 03:22 PM
    That's only three days away and not a peep about it on the tech blogs?

Nah.
    it does seem unlikely, unless maybe VZW decided to push up the date somehow seeing the reactions to the AT&T & T-Mobile announcements. Is it possible they had a variable launch date in mind from the beginning, hence why they didn't lock themselves into a date before? Are they that smart? lol

i think we're all being too optimistic here - we're believing things that we WANT to be true.
    03-12-13 03:24 PM
    You know�.I called this morning and the csr mentioned some kind of Jam event for the 15th. But that was just to have the device in house to look at or something. Which, I blew off because it wasn�t a release date. And now I�m thinking, why would you need them in to look at, you should have been training already.
    So the speculation continues��.
    03-12-13 03:25 PM
    it does seem unlikely, unless maybe VZW decided to push up the date somehow seeing the reactions to the AT&T & T-Mobile announcements. Is it possible they had a variable launch date in mind from the beginning, hence why they didn't lock themselves into a date before? Are they that smart? lol
    Hah! It is Verizon after all lol. But all joking aside, VZW very well could have pushed the date ahead due to T-Mobile and AT&T announcements. Makes perfect sense. All the early hype about the Z10 launching on other carriers and BAM! Hits Verizon. The last carrier to get the Z10 will probably lose a good amount of customers
    nEo Yang likes this.
    03-12-13 03:26 PM

i think we're all being too optimistic here - we're believing things that we WANT to be true.
    Not doubting they'd push up the date. Just doubting that one rep knows the inside scoop without everyone else knowing first.
    03-12-13 03:28 PM
    I just talked to a friend of mine. He. Manages a verizon in san diego and has been testing the z10 for well over a month. He told me right now march 15th is preorder day. 22nd. In stores
    03-12-13 03:28 PM
    After the last debacle where the rep had no clue that the Z10 was, I called back and got someone a little more knoledgeable. They are saying that although it isnt labeled as to whether it's a pre-relase or full release, March 22 is showing up in their computer system. I'm going to pray to the underpants gnomes that this is true, but I'm going to take it with a grain of salt until it actually happens.
    00stryder likes this.
    03-12-13 03:29 PM
    It sounds like you have the unique opportunity to upgrade to a 9930 for a couple of weeks then switch to the Z10. If your 9650 is dying, you don't want to miss out on owning the 9930 at least for a while. Its a great phone.
    Was the free upgrade confirmed? I'm in the same boat but don't think it's worth the bother now that the Z10 is around the corner.
    Asked my corporate report today he didn't answer that question specifically
    I just talked to a friend of mine. He. Manages a verizon in san diego and has been testing the z10 for well over a month. He told me right now march 15th is preorder day. 22nd. In stores
    That seems more possible. Pre orders is not huge news. And that could come out in the press any moment.
    03-12-13 03:31 PM
    After the last debacle where the rep had no clue that the Z10 was, I called back and got someone a little more knoledgeable. They are saying that although it isnt labeled as to whether it's a pre-relase or full release, March 22 is showing up in their computer system. I'm going to pray to the underpants gnomes that this is true, but I'm going to take it with a grain of salt until it actually happens.
    You had me at underpants gnomes....lmao
    frannip and Eric Shapiro like this.
    03-12-13 03:33 PM
    it could also just be that stores are getting demo units and/or BB10 paraphernalia this weekend, setting up this kind of timeline:

3/15: stores show signs of BB10 coming +/- demo unit to play with, preorder
    3/22: Available
    03-12-13 03:33 PM
    Called vzw sales dept....rep had no clue when the release would be.
    03-12-13 03:35 PM
    Ok so I am playing hooky on a friday in March just not sure what friday.
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-12-13 03:35 PM
    I am unsure of this date as well. I hate to be a negative nancy. I have been told as well a release on the 28th. I would love a 15th release.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    03-12-13 03:36 PM
    Called vzw sales dept....report had no clue when the release would be.
    The key is not to call sales, but to call customer service. Customer service has more answers. Sales just covers sales and what phones are already available.
    03-12-13 03:36 PM
    somebody with a big vzw account should call CSR and threaten to cancel service unless a manager gives you a firm release date. haha
    03-12-13 03:38 PM
249 1234 ...