01-22-11 10:28 AM
27 12
tools
    I have been reading a lot of threads lately that are saying how people went to try different phones (non-Blackberry) and they quickly came back to Blackberry.

Well, I have come to a conclusion that we Blackberry users have a special bond with our devices. Sure, they may not be running 1.5gHz dual core processors with a 4.3in screen, but that doesn't really matter to us. We enjoy how simple and stable our devices are. Sure, the excellent battery life is nice; sure, the excellent email system is nice, but it really comes down to the reliability of our devices.

So next time you people who like to flaunt your devices in our face because we use a Blackberry, keep this in mind.
    01-20-11 09:56 PM
    My 9630 was anything but stable. I'm glad your 9700 is better.
    01-20-11 10:10 PM
    Lol 9630's were craptastic.....

but i love seeing droid and iphone users searching for a charger by home time
    01-20-11 10:15 PM
    Lol 9630's were craptastic.....

but i love seeing droid and iphone users searching for a charger by home time
    That's another thing. With my normal usage which has only changed by me visiting no mobile web pages now, I had to charge my BB just as frequently. Then again as you said, the 9630 wasn't their best effort ever.
    01-20-11 10:26 PM
    My 1st BB was a Tour. I agree with above Tour comments but hope you would give BB another chance. Changed to a 9700 and started to understand about the Crackberry nation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 10:48 PM
    i have a tour now, ive had it for a year and a half now and i love it
    01-20-11 10:59 PM
    That's good. Many people had problems with it so you must have gotten a good device.

Really a shame because its one of the sharpest looking BB's ever made. It really sold well and disappointed many users.

01-21-11 12:37 AM
    This is a great post! It hits the nail on the head and the fact that Ive tried an Iphone and 4 different Android devices and came right back to my Bold 9650. Which BTW if you had issues with the Tour try the 9650. It is a great device. It has the look of the Tour but it functions so much better. I am looking forward to seeing what RIM has in store for us this year. RIM for life! The naysayers just dont get it do they
    01-21-11 12:44 AM
    I, too, have a Tour and before that had a Curve. I know many had problems in the past with the Tour, but I on the other hand haven't had a single problem with mine. I like it a lot more than the Curve. If Sprint ever lowers the price for the Bold I will snag one. My friends just don't get why I like my BB so much they think I'm crazy. Well said, OP.

01-21-11 01:35 AM
    The freaking QWERTY keyboard, bbm, msn is what makes me stick with my blackberry.
    01-21-11 02:06 AM
    This is a great post! The naysayers just dont get it do they
    No they don't. A funny thing is I've read several comments of posters that went to the otjer platforms would love to come back if Rim would put out a device they want. Kinda sounds like a spkit discission or confused. I'm very clear on what I want and so is most crackberries.

01-21-11 02:17 AM
    We have great phones available to us at the moment, and with rumors of new phones coming, I can't see myself jumping ship. And even If I did consider it, what would I go to? My wife has and iphone I have played with, never been an apple fan of their computers or anything apple. My daughter has the Samsung Captivate, very nice screen I must say, yet love my Torch and 9700 and can't wait for the Dakota and Torch 2 oh and did we forget, THE PLAYBOOK!!!
    01-21-11 02:54 AM
    my 9700 does just what i want and i love it. i have played with the mytouch, the iphone and a few others and i just find them to be more annoying to use then what i have gotten out of them.
    01-21-11 10:51 AM
    i agree, i have no problems with my tour although ive been up for an upgrade for a while now I have had no reasons to rush into doing so as I absolutely love my tour!
    01-21-11 11:26 AM
    I had a Tour that was spectacular, but my wife ended up getting one that was terrible. She gave up on BB and went to the iPhone. I am staying, and love this Bold 9700 that I have. It takes a certain kind of person to have a bond with their BB, and I am one of those people.
    01-21-11 11:52 AM
    My Tour has been fantastic since the day I got it. I'm due for an upgrade in June and I'm seriously considering just holding onto the Tour for a while until something comes out that I simply must have. My Tour has been an absolute delight to use, never had a problem with it.
    01-21-11 02:03 PM
    I don't leave home without it I might forget my wallet but not my berry
    01-21-11 02:10 PM
    9700 is the best phone I have ever used...ever.

Had iPhone, mytouch, cliq, other berries (S1, Curve 8900 and two 8100 Pearls.) And messed around on a lot of newer devices from the Incredible, X and many others.

Still stuck and sticking with 9700 till the Dakota comes...if not that, then something else BB related.

Sometimes some of these new Androids come out and look stellar and perform well, just know my BB suites me just fine and is as dependable as it comes.

Some people just need the biggest/fastest thing out there and keeping up with the Jones'....not this fellow...

01-21-11 02:42 PM
    I think we all do. We pretty much have our lives within our cell phones. I was recently on a plane.. With mostly business men/women.. & ALL you saw were BB's. 83's all the way to 97's. The flight attendant even said.. please turn off your "Blackberry's." When usually, they say turn off all electronic devices. Craazyyy!!!

01-21-11 06:09 PM
    I think we all do. We pretty much have our lives within our cell phones. I was recently on a plane.. With mostly business men/women.. & ALL you saw were BB's. 83's all the way to 97's. The flight attendant even said.. please turn off your "Blackberry's." When usually, they say turn off all electronic devices. Craazyyy!!!

This reminds me of the last time I was at the Allergists office. This very attractive, professional looking business woman came out of the office to wait her 20 minutes after getting an allergy shot. She put her briefcase down, and reached into her purse, and pulled out a beautiful silver 8830. I could tell from the back of the phone what it was, as it is an unmistakable backing. It was so fitting to see her use that phone. She was typing so fast that I had to stare in amazement. The clicking that was flowing from that phone was pure music to my ears. She caught me looking, and I am sure that I had a guilty look on my face. Yeah, I was checking her and the phone out.
    01-21-11 08:14 PM
    I've had my Tour for about 9 months now, and I have no complaints. Its size, weight and layout seem great. I've been happy with the battery life, the apps available, and especially appreciate bbm.

Have you ever noticed how Harley riders acknowledge e/o when they meet on the road? I gotten this same kind of "nod" from other BB users-it's kind of an odd experience at first, but I've grown to like it!
    01-21-11 09:28 PM
    I've just recently(Dec) upgraded from a Curve 8330 to my Bold 9650. I loooooooooove it! I can honestly say, I never forget to grab my bb before leaving my house anymore! Whereas in the past I've forgotten to grab my Curve at times oops

01-21-11 09:34 PM
    I had an iPhone before my 9800 and I just loooove my BlackBerry so much. I can't put it down! Really didn't like the iPhone. I find the HTC phones to be quite ugly-looking. I don't know about the Android OS as I have no interest in ever owning an Android phone. I will never own another phone that's not BlackBerry. Glad to finally see a positive thread about BlackBerry.

01-22-11 06:41 AM
    I love my Blackberries. As long as they keep making me happy I will continue to have them. I don't need the biggest anything nor the fastest anything and I don't care to keep up with any other platform. Give me what I want, make me happy, I'll continue buying the devices.

The day RIM forgets its core is the day I'll leave them. I want my phone for communication, organisation and productivity. Don't need a missile launcher or gaming console in my purse.
    01-22-11 06:55 AM
    I love my Tour. I got it as a Christmas gift for myself Dec. '09 and it is the best gift I ever got. I use it, and enjoy using it every day. From scheduling work in my calendar to reading and responding to emails it has never let me down. Sure. it would be nice if it had wifi and a faster browser, but that's not what I need it to do, and since I've gotten it set up just how I like it, I can get to everything I need on a daily basis in two clicks or less. Thanks for letting me share, and I'll keep coming back.
    01-22-11 08:18 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD