In looking over my Bold 9700's apps, I note that Blackberry Messenger uses nearly twice the space as my Facebook app.

I don't use BB Messenger. If I need to chat, I use standard communication, and FB.

Will I be interfering with other functions on my Berry if I delete BB Messenger? I thought I had read somewhere that other BB functions borrow pieces of BB Messenger to operate. Or is that a semantic trick to prevent us from deleting BB Messenger?

CAN BB Messenger even be deleted? There is no such option listed when I hit the menu key while highlighting the app!
    Last edited by bobs415; 01-18-12 at 08:38 PM.
    01-18-12 08:36 PM
    you can't delete it through the phone, actually none of the preloaded apps/links.
    plug it into your computer and open up DM or app loader
    bobs415 likes this.
    01-18-12 08:40 PM
    I deleted mine on my phone. I did it by going to Options-Applications Mangement then going to the entry and hitting the menu button from there and then selecting delete. I haven't met any problems from doing this.
    bobs415 likes this.
    01-18-12 08:43 PM
    No you can remove it ,the only thing that wont work is bbm connected apps as far as showing your contacts your status via the said app.Your apps and phone will work fine without it.
    bobs415 likes this.
    01-18-12 09:27 PM
    It is possible that if the BBM on your phone is the one that installed with the OS that it can't be uninstalled. But update it, and then it can be uninstalled. Usually the version in the OS is a step or two behind whatever is currently available.
    bobs415 likes this.
    01-18-12 10:49 PM
    I deleted mine on my phone. I did it by going to Options-Applications Mangement then going to the entry and hitting the menu button from there and then selecting delete. I haven't met any problems from doing this.
    While I had a bit of difficulty finding "Applications Management," since it wasn't on my options location, I eventually found it and successfully deleted BB Messenger. Thanks for your help!! -Bob
    01-19-12 07:25 AM
    why would anyone ever get rid of BBM? thats the app that makes blackberry the best messaging phone out there! dont get rid of it. deleting it isnt going to do anything for you anyway.
    01-19-12 07:37 AM
    why would anyone ever get rid of BBM? thats the app that makes blackberry the best messaging phone out there! dont get rid of it. deleting it isnt going to do anything for you anyway.
    Because a lot of people don't use it and with BB on the decline in sales, not many people even have BBs anymore to use it. When I left BB, I had about 6 or 7 people left on my BBM list. Since then, 4 have switched to either iOS or Android.
    01-19-12 09:06 AM
    Snow inspires a hive of activities

Snow day yesterday and look! "He and about 10 friends set up a Blackberry Messenger group to spread the word about a full-contact game of football in the snow and cold."
    01-19-12 11:07 AM
    Delete it through App Loader or DM.
    But seriously if I had to choose one app for my BB it would be BBM!
    01-19-12 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD