How do i get it off. And how often are they gonna be putting things on my phone like this. I finally got my memory right and now they are trying to wreck my phone.

Can I put my password in 10 times and wipe my phone clean to get it off?

Kid you're friggin' killing me over here
    06-28-08 08:36 PM
    How do i get it off. And how often are they gonna be putting things on my phone like this. I finally got my memory right and now they are trying to wreck my phone.

Can I put my password in 10 times and wipe my phone clean to get it off?
    Wiping your phone is not going to help. As soon as you send the service books, it'll be back. Then you're back at square one.
    06-28-08 08:40 PM
    Wiping your phone is not going to help. As soon as you send the service books, it'll be back. Then you're back at square one.
    And it is kind of a drastic step to take for an icon.
    Or as I like to say "Pruning a rosebush with a backhoe"
    06-28-08 08:43 PM
    Kid you're friggin' killing me over here
    I havent had my BB that long and consider myself to know alot but Ive never heard of this happening to a phone. Is this something that happens periodically? How many apps have been installed on your phone without your permission. Is your phone cluttered with them??

06-28-08 08:44 PM
    I havent had my BB that long and consider myself to know alot but Ive never heard of this happening to a phone. Is this something that happens periodically?

Since this seems to only be affecting Verizon customers, I think Verizon is doing anything they want. How often is a different story.
    06-28-08 08:45 PM
    Point one: Either your PC is very spartan or your BB is massively
    overloaded.

Point two: As to the memory, tell me how much has your memory
    degraded since the appearance of this insignificant icon.
    Exactly what I thought. Either none, or you cant. The icon
    in and of itself consumes no more memory than say the one
    for memo pad. And unless you install the app it will go on being
    a non factor as far as your memory is concerned.
    Point 1, it's my pc and my berry, I'll decide what does and doesn't go on each.

Point 2, it's no longer there so I wouldn't know what effect it has on anything, and to be honest, I had to work to get it on there to start with.

Some folk don't want strange stuff popping up on there berries, Me included, and the same programmer that put that innocuous icon on everyone's berry through their service books now has the ability to put something not so innocuous on next time.
    Not saying it'll happen, but i'm not going to lay down and make it an acceptable habit.

I do have to say, for someone not affected by any of this, you do seem to have a strong urge to defend it...
    06-28-08 09:07 PM
    I do have to say, for someone not affected by any of this, you do seem to have a strong urge to defend it...
    See here is where you are wrong. I have the same issue
    on my BB, and created a hidden folder for exactly this
    reason. For me it's just easier not to sweat the little
    stuff. I'm trying to help y'all from pulling your hair
    out.

I am not defending anything, just suggesting a
    way to get past it. Accept that or we will simply
    have to agree to disagree. Problem is solved on my
    end, so I got no worries.
    06-28-08 09:12 PM
    We are talking about a pc, I have just as much if not more sensitive info on my berry as I do on my pc. I also pay more with vzw for the service, if I wanted it I would order it, but I don't.
    I also spent a lot of time tweaking my berry for memory and reliability because of my job, it's not a razr, and last I checked I paid for commercial free service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Look. I have Bell's Groove Store on mine, and I deleted it, it came back. Since if I don't click on it, it's not installed, I stuck it in a folder and hid the folder with other stuff I didn't want but can't delete, like MSN or Yahoo Talk.

I didn't call up Bell and scream and kick at the dirt over it, because it's not. a. big. deal.

You have a cell phone with a carrier who can put any software on it RIM allows. If you don't like it, don't buy the phone from that carrier.

It's an effin' icon.

Point 1, it's my pc and my berry, I'll decide what does and doesn't go on each.
    Why you are comparing a computer that you don't buy from your DSL provider and a cell phone you DO buy from your cell provider I have no idea. Since you buy the phone and are using Verizons network, and Verizon is providing you the handset to use their network, Verizon has every right to whatever service book RIM approves of.

It's like comparing what you do to the house you bought and what you do to the apartment you rent. You can damn well guarantee the landlord can have requirements that you get no say in. If you don't want to follow Verizon's service books, break your contract and leave.

If Sympatico forced programs on my laptop without permission I would be pissed. My berry? It's their network, and ultimately their say on the service books. RIM didn't have a problem with it either, which tells me it's not malicious.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 06-29-08 at 12:12 AM.
    06-29-08 12:06 AM
    It's an effin' icon.
    3 pages and my point is summed up nicely
    06-29-08 12:13 AM
    I'm a woman of few words. *snort*
    06-29-08 12:14 AM
    I'm a woman of few words. *snort*
    And by now, ya must know, I love for just that reason.
    06-29-08 12:21 AM
    And by now, ya must know, I love for just that reason.
    Well I mean (rant on) with everything going on in the world - people dying, disease, war, famine, the fact that a stupid little tiny icon on a BlackBerry desktop is ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!!111!!!!!eleventy!!!1111 THE END OF THE FLIPPIN' WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD is so stupid. I wish all I had to be upset or concerned about was a goddamned icon. (rant off)

Some people need to remember it's a PHONE. Step away from the berry. I am sure the Verizon CSR appreciated being lambasted over a service book he/she probably had no clue about.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 06-29-08 at 12:27 AM.
    06-29-08 12:24 AM
    Look. I have Bell's Groove Store on mine, and I deleted it, it came back. Since if I don't click on it, it's not installed, I stuck it in a folder and hid the folder with other stuff I didn't want but can't delete, like MSN or Yahoo Talk.

I didn't call up Bell and scream and kick at the dirt over it, because it's not. a. big. deal.

You have a cell phone with a carrier who can put any software on it RIM allows. If you don't like it, don't buy the phone from that carrier.

It's an effin' icon.

Why you are comparing a computer that you don't buy from your DSL provider and a cell phone you DO buy from your cell provider I have no idea. Since you buy the phone and are using Verizons network, and Verizon is providing you the handset to use their network, Verizon has every right to whatever service book RIM approves of.

It's like comparing what you do to the house you bought and what you do to the apartment you rent. You can damn well guarantee the landlord can have requirements that you get no say in. If you don't want to follow Verizon's service books, break your contract and leave.

If Sympatico forced programs on my laptop without permission I would be pissed. My berry? It's their network, and ultimately their say on the service books. RIM didn't have a problem with it either, which tells me it's not malicious.
    Um, if my internet provider popped an effin spam icon on my pc I'd be mad, just like my cell provider poppin an icon on my berry. It's the same thing, I agreed to neither. I'm not kickin in the dirt, nor am I criticizing someone that has a problem that I do not have. If you don't have any advice to give other than bury your head in the sand, then give it and move on. Why stay and try to pick a fight?
    06-29-08 12:52 AM
    If you don't have any advice to give other than bury your head in the sand, then give it and move on. Why stay and try to pick a fight?
    Oh for crying out ****ing loud!. We have given advice.
    And that advice is just hide the ****ing thing an go on.
    Like the rest of us have!
    06-29-08 08:35 AM
    I gotta admit i saw it yesterday and i was like WTFFFFF is this?!?! I was scared i had spam, i tried to delete it, i was so nervous bc i have some very pertinent passwords on password keeper that my berrys security was an issue...so worried i almost wiped my whole berry !!

VZW should have sent out a courtesy email or something. but i did hide the icon after reading this post, i'm just posting with my initial reactions.
    06-29-08 09:59 AM
    Oh for crying out ****ing loud!. We have given advice.
    And that advice is just hide the ****ing thing an go on.
    Like the rest of us have!
    it's wonderful and all that hiding the icon works for you, but where is it written that we should do what works for you and just accept it?

All I asked is if there was a way to permanently delete it. if the answer is no fine, just say so and move on. getting on your soapbox and berating others for not doing what you're doing doesn't do anything except make people think you're a d-bag.
    06-29-08 12:58 PM
    getting on your soapbox and berating others for not doing what you're doing doesn't do anything except make people think you're a d-bag.

The same can be said for berating an innocent CSR over a service book.

Hide the damn icon - there are worse things in life. You chose to have a cell with Verizon and as such you chose to accept their service books. If they add one, well...you signed the contract.
    06-29-08 01:08 PM
    The same can be said for berating an innocent CSR over a service book.

Hide the damn icon - there are worse things in life. You chose to have a cell with Verizon and as such you chose to accept their service books. If they add one, well...you signed the contract.
    um... WRONG. you find me the quote where I said I called verizon and yelled at them? oh wait... that's right I DIDN'T! I have not called verizon that was someone else, a**hole. try reading the posts before you vomit forth whatever it is that you call a reply.

yelling at verizon is going to do about as much as everyone on here griping about it. again, all I asked was a simple question.. is there a way to remove it, if the answer is no that's fine. I accept that
    06-29-08 01:15 PM
    I know it wasn't you, der. That was another numbnut in the thread.

However YOU and others are the ones acting like it's the end of the world.
    06-29-08 01:19 PM
    schagg: I can tell you I really don't give a damn
    what an anonymous forum poster thinks of, me.

You don't like the solution, so be it. Sit here
    spinning your wheels over this trivial BS till the
    friggin' cows come home.

Again, it solved my issue, if you'd all like
    to **** and moan about how your
    carrier is abusing you by dropping in
    a little icon(that you don't have to click and can just hide),
    also fine, I guess.
    But it will not solve your problem.

And yes I know you just asked the question.
    06-29-08 01:21 PM
    Maybe you should give your cable company an earfull too! I bet you really don't want those commercials they're sending to your television set.

06-29-08 01:31 PM
    I wanna know where the line will be drawn as far as loading our bb's with stuff. I know it's just an icon and I can hide it, but where is that line drawn? Will they be pushing more shortcuts or maybe even apps? Who knows?

06-29-08 01:35 PM
    OMG i totally agree i got soo mad cause verizon added an icon that shows me how to make new folders...i was like WTF is this S***...i mean F*** it took up 3 bytes of memory i mean like WTF who the F*** are they to come in and intrude on my memory i mean S*** were talking about 3 BYTES!!!! so yes its the end of the world to me cause that 3 BYTES is gunna cause my berry to like **GOO CRAZYYY MAN!!** so i called Verizon and was like listen if you guys dont take that off my berry ima just come in there and F*** your day up so needless to say the CSR rep started crying telling me she didint know WTF i was talking about ( but i know she was lieing... its F*****G VZW conspiracy to take our memory away) anyways i went there almost got arrested... and in the process i accidently clicked on the icon it showed me how to create a folder... so you know what i did!! i fig since the icon likes folders so much i put that B**** in the folder it showed me how to create and hid that F***ER....talk about the irony... now shes sleeping with all the other hidden icons! That'll teach VZW to take 3 bytes away from me next time!
    06-29-08 01:47 PM
    Mista Los: that has to be one of your best posts EVER
    LMAO!!
    06-29-08 01:51 PM
    OMG i totally agree i got soo mad cause verizon added an icon that shows me how to make new folders...i was like WTF is this S***...i mean F*** it took up 3 bytes of memory i mean like WTF who the F*** are they to come in and intrude on my memory i mean S*** were talking about 3 BYTES!!!! so yes its the end of the world to me cause that 3 BYTES is gunna cause my berry to like **GOO CRAZYYY MAN!!** so i called Verizon and was like listen if you guys dont take that off my berry ima just come in there and F*** your day up so needless to say the CSR rep started crying telling me she didint know WTF i was talking about ( but i know she was lieing... its F*****G VZW conspiracy to take our memory away) anyways i went there almost got arrested... and in the process i accidently clicked on the icon it showed me how to create a folder... so you know what i did!! i fig since the icon likes folders so much i put that B**** in the folder it showed me how to create and hid that F***ER....talk about the irony... now shes sleeping with all the other hidden icons! That'll teach VZW to take 3 bytes away from me next time!
    *spew*

BWAAAAA!
    06-29-08 01:56 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD