Has anyone else out there experienced receiving spam mail via the Crackberry email alias?
    I was having major trouble with this a few months ago, it has since lessened but still happens on occasion.

Today I received an email notice to my 'real' MAC email account that my crackberry email alias had tried to send me spam mail but the delivery failed.

While I do enjoy having a Crackberry alias I do not want to experience spam and I'm willing to give up my alias if it means I will no longer have spam issues.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there some way to prevent this?
    11-12-08 06:15 PM
    The CB alias works the same as any other email address, so unfortunately it may have been picked up by a spam "bot" or the like (maybe since your alias is listed in your signature) or you may have used it on a site that sent you the spam.
    11-12-08 06:36 PM
    The CB alias works the same as any other email address, so unfortunately it may have been picked up by a spam "bot" or the like (maybe since your alias is listed in your signature) or you may have used it on a site that sent you the spam.
    Yep. Posting your email address in the clear anywhere on the internet will definitely get picked up by harvester bots.
    11-12-08 06:56 PM
    The volume of spam may reduce for the next week or two. Please God...

Major Source of Online Scams and Spams Knocked Offline - Security Fix
    11-12-08 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD