Hello awesome citizens.

I am officially frustrated for finding RIM's BSOD, or should I say meaningless message?!

What the heaven is that supposed to mean?
    A) We, RIM, designed a crappy device but managed to sell it to you
    B) We, RIM, have no clue why this doesn't work so we leave it up to you to figure it out
    C) Whatever you are trying to pull off ain't gonna work. Just because...
    D) Stupid user, who ever told you you can actually install stuff?

Who wants to be a millionaire? Google this message and you will be shocked how many threads there are quoting this message and (very few) offer workarounds, the rest are just clueless WTF?

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to install Facebook on a 8900 device running .250 - supposedly it should work. I have 130MB of free application memory and 2GB of storage.

Facebook cannot be downloaded to a PC to install via DM, App World is not available outside the US, UK, etc. Email link drags me to the same crappy message...

Help me out, please?
    07-17-09 03:35 AM
    There a link here for appworld (search appworld outside US, UK Canada link).

As for facebook well thats just RIM being RIM give it a little time.
    07-17-09 03:43 AM
    @Bajanbastard: Thank you for your idea! I did find the link and AppWorld is running fine, up until it gets to actually downloading something.

I attempted getting Facebook through AppWorld but hit a wall again:

Blackberry AppWorld is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry AppWorld server. Verify your network connections and try again...

For all others who wish to give AppWorld a try, the direct link is http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/awc...ID=REFERFRIEND

and the thread is here http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/app...ada-uk-197055/

EDIT >>

Found OTA links for FB 1.5, thanks to Jayred over here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=253441

Trying to install 1.5 now from here: Index of /bb/fb
    Last edited by defcon3; 07-17-09 at 04:37 AM.
    07-17-09 04:14 AM
    It appeared on the list of installed applications, but no icon. Searched the forum, followed instructions and did battery pull, remove, battery pull, install again, battery pull...

Again, no love, FB is nowhere to be seen.. I might just as well go back to my 5.0.0.100 - there was no FB there.

... stupid, stupid facebook...
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 07-17-09 at 11:07 AM. Reason: content
    07-17-09 05:05 AM
    Hey .
    Have you tried to DL facebook from here ?
    BlackBerry - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones

(edit) PS:
    I had it send the link to my BB though my email option
    Last edited by DavidNC; 07-17-09 at 08:00 AM. Reason: added the PS
    07-17-09 07:30 AM
    I Googled "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements..." and see this error is not uncommon.

In your case, the system requirement appears to be location. What country are you located in?

07-17-09 11:11 AM
    Same problem here. Even if I can download 1.7.x, it shows error when logging in. :|
    10-30-09 02:34 PM
    I get this message for bbmaps. :-(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 02:38 PM
    thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanx
    05-21-10 06:22 AM
    I Googled "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements..." and see this error is not uncommon.

In your case, the system requirement appears to be location. What country are you located in?

Hello, I live in Beglium, and i have that problem too. I don't know what to do, any help ?
    Thanks a lot!
    03-03-11 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD