A little while back I asked the question of non-BlackBerrians why they were here (results soon - I've been busy and there was no poll so I'm counting by hand the multiple replies!) and it became rather obvious that there were many that actually really wanted to come back to the Black 'if only it had xxxxx'

With Alec Saunders confirming that 10.2.1 will allow a direct route to Android apps on top of the, rather wonderful BB10 ones already...

And presuming that all works as it should (we don't know yet other than leaks)...

Is this enough?

What else would be missing for you folks who left (but still come back here) to tip you over the edge and back to BlackBerry 10?
    11-25-13 05:43 PM
    I do not want the ****ty Android app system integrated. It is cheap and desperate and doesn't conform to the BB10 design and UI.

No thank you.

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 likes this.
    11-25-13 05:46 PM
    that will do it for me. i have read and seen people install all the apps that i use on my iphone. officially for me that is, everything that i can do on iphone i can do on blackberry again and that will/IS making me coming back! Z30 here i come!
    11-25-13 05:49 PM
    that will do it for me. i have read and seen people install all the apps that i use on my iphone. officially for me that is, everything that i can do on iphone i can do on blackberry again and that will/IS making me coming back! Z30 here i come!
    I believe many users will come to Blackberry 10 and leave their current antiquated experiences on other platforms.

If a user can get an app they need now on BB10 why would they stick with an inferior platform? BB10 is just a superior platform imho

Posted via CB10
    xxslxx likes this.
    11-25-13 05:53 PM
    I do not want the ****ty Android app system integrated. It is cheap and desperate and doesn't conform to the BB10 design and UI.

No thank you.

Posted via CB10
    I give credit to Android apps. There are many Android apps that have seamless integration with BB10. Many truly are gems.

Imho. What I can't stand is the Android UX. The general Android UX and app experience are two different things.

I embrace Android apps on the platform. More options more choice.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-25-13 05:55 PM
    I do love the mobile computing capabilities of BB10. The ability to consume foreign app content that is not native to the bb10 platform from the file manager is a testament to the power of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and RyanGermann like this.
    11-25-13 05:57 PM

No thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I agree with you.

Personally, other than just 2 apps - funnily enough that were available on BBOS - once I know I can get them from a reputable source (that really bothers me by the way, I just don't know!) I'm a happy bunny with BB10 and BBW apps. Safe, secure, no drama, job done.

But I understand the need....
    Yay! We need more cool looking muppets!
    :>)
    Come and get it!
    Yay! We need more cool looking muppets!
    :>)
    Hey, if he/she comes over to the dark side...

...they are uber cooooolllll.....
    11-25-13 05:59 PM
    It's just really impressive the sheer magnitude of which the BB10 platform is evolving. We are in a current infancy if the platform that is evolving quite rapidly.

Eclipsing the pace of the competition imho

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-25-13 06:04 PM
    I dont like android. I want native apps!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    BoldPreza likes this.
    11-25-13 06:07 PM
    It's just really impressive the sheer magnitude of which the BB10 platform is evolving. We are in a current infancy if the platform that is evolving quite rapidly.

Eclipsing the pace of the competition imho

Posted via CB10
    Whilst I can understand your enthusiasm (we've all been hoping for the app gap to be done with, if for no other reason than it enables people to feel the BB10 love without hindrance) it's still a big IF until we get it officially and I'm no leak runner, thanks to all that do as if it weren't for you we'd never know, but my phone is my business so I can't risk it BUT...

If it does what they say it does, what's stopping you guys?

Come on home!
    11-25-13 06:13 PM

Me too, but we need sales!
    11-25-13 06:13 PM

Take my hand child and come with me. It's from a walled garden I will take you.

I just embrace the flexibility of the platform. Users have free choice to shoot the curated experience of native apps which are fantastic.

However for those of us who embrace more options and more choice, we have the ability to effortlessly obtain apk files.

Posted via CB10
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    11-25-13 06:14 PM

I am impressed with the amount of native apps that are entering BlackBerry world everyday.

Native BB10 apps are a real gem. I hope many are developed

By the way. Glad you enjoy your z30 fine sir

Posted via CB10
    bigglybobblyboo likes this.
    11-25-13 06:15 PM
    When 10.2.1 ships, I'd be interested in the Q10. I can't get 10.2 to run properly on my dev alpha, so I would have to buy a new phone for this. It still depends on the next ER of course.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-25-13 06:19 PM
    When 10.2.1 ships, I'd be interested in the Q10. I can't get 10.2 to run properly on my dev alpha, so I would have to buy a new phone for this. It still depends on the next ER of course.

I like a lot about the Z30, but I require a native USAA app that I wouldn't necessarily trust to load an android app.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-25-13 06:25 PM
    For me it's all about choice now. I prefer native apps, but if an alternative is there I'll take it. I also enjoy showing non-BB users that essentially I now have access to 2 app ecosystems and do not need to sideload any more. Some are actually (finally) considering returning to BB after their current contracts expire.
    11-25-13 06:27 PM

That's great! Just out of interest, I take it the app news has made you interested again?

Did you like what you saw of BB10 previously?
    11-25-13 06:29 PM
    Android apps need to work. No current support in 10.2.1 for BT heart rate monitors, BT 4.0 LE, or Google services. Apps like Tether and Runtastic do not fully function. BlackBerry is getting up the hill, but they are not there yet.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-25-13 06:30 PM
    I like a lot about the Z30, but I require a native USAA app that I wouldn't necessarily trust to load an android app.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using CB Forums mobile app
    There's a proper USAA banking app in the Amazon store. Is that good enough? Should be the same as running it on an Android phone, no?
    11-25-13 06:31 PM
    Android apps need to work. No current support in 10.2.1 for BT heart rate monitors, BT 4.0 LE, or Google services. Apps like Tether and Runtastic do not fully function. BlackBerry is getting up the hill, but they are not there yet.
    Well, as I said, we're only going off a leak...
    11-25-13 06:32 PM
    10.2.1 is making users want to come back to blackberry from what I'm expericning in the forums. Imagine is this becomes a modest consumer trend? This is good stuff

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 06:33 PM
    What goods? Give us apps most people outside of crackberry have already been using for years?

BB has to go BEYOND what other manufacturers are offering right now, not merely catch up. Many people have said this in the past, yet people still dont listen.

Contrary to a lot of the faboyism posted on this site, the BB10 UI paradigm is not better, faster, or more efficient than what someone can find on android or iOS. The hub, word swiping and card multitasking is not some unique and revolutionary shift in UI. It is just merely a different way of doing things. For every person who enjoys these uniquely BB features I bet there are 10 who will ultimately select android because of its limitless user customization. Something not available on BB.
    11-25-13 06:35 PM
56 123