Hi all, I'm new here, this is my first post. I'm able to upgrade my account on April 22nd. Anyways, I currently use a Dare (blech!) and am definitely upgrading to a BB when I'm able to upgrade. I have a degree in technology and LOVE new technology. I keep up with latest news and things on phones a lot because they interest me a lot.
    I don't know what phone to upgrade to right now. I'm a VZW customer. I'm praying that by april 22nd the Essex/Tour2/Bold/whatever it's being called will be out, but if not should I get the Tour1 or the Curve2? I hear a lot of people saying great things about the original Tour and the only problem with the trackball is if you don't wash your hands or whatever before using it. I also hear some people saying I won't be disappointed with the Curve2.
    So what I was thinking about doing is on 4/22 if the Essex/whatever isn't out yet, getting either the Tour or Curve2 and if essex comes out w/in 30 days upgrading to that. So in your opinions, should I get the Tour or the Curve2? I know I have a while to go yet but I always research before I buy and I want the best for my money and all because I'll be stuck with it for two years so I want to make sure I'm happy. Unfortunately I didn't do that with the Dare and it was too late. So yeah thank you all for your advice/help and I look forward to hearing back from you!
    03-08-10 08:35 AM
    They're all great devices. The reason bb makes so many is because everyone has there own personal preferences. The best thing to do is go to the store and spend some time playing with what they have. Get the one you like the best. You didn't mention the Storm 2, but you should play with that as well. It's the best phone I've ever owned, but that's just my personal preference.
    03-08-10 09:36 AM
    I've heard lots of good from the storm 2, but I've had a touch screen for the last two years and really would prefer a QWERTY keyboard. But yeah I'll probably go goof around with them a lot. Thanks :-)
    03-08-10 09:57 AM
    I've heard lots of good from the storm 2, but I've had a touch screen for the last two years and really would prefer a QWERTY keyboard. But yeah I'll probably go goof around with them a lot. Thanks :-)
    Time spent in the store with a phone in your hands will be time well spent. I am sold on my 9000 and not interested in changing but still every time I pass the display I feel obligated to play with other models.

+1 on the QWERTY keyboard. My wife has a touchscreen with slider. She and I both hate the touchscreen. Next time maybe she will see the light and get a BB, too.
    03-08-10 11:55 AM
    I'm a vzw customer and personally I prefer the TOUR... I had almost every model on the market when I was with Sprint, ATT, and now vzw, I would definitely go with the TOUR even if the Essex or Bold doesn't hit the market for a while. With the os leak you got a great browser, 3g speed, and the phone itself inspite of a few other buggy problems some folks experienced. I like my trackball, still I prefer the trackpad even though it's not available.

I have a friend (1st time BlackBerry owner, and she luvs her CURVE) I luv'd mine until I upgraded. I didn't care much for the Storm, don't like RIM touch, doesn't feel like a real touch screen to me.

So with all that said, go for the TOUR!
    03-08-10 12:46 PM
    Is 5.0 going to be officially released in the future on current VZW BBs? or has it been already?
    03-08-10 03:19 PM
    5.x is already out. There may be some older model bb's that can't run it (I really don't know), but the newer devices will come with it installed.
    03-08-10 05:43 PM
    your best bet is to go try them both out in a Verizon store, and see which fits your style the best. they are both great phones.

welcome to the BB world(well in a little over a month)
    you will love which ever BB you get.
    I had a dare and then got my first BB after only a few months with the dare(could not stand the phone) i will never leave RIM now.
    03-08-10 05:52 PM
    I would try to hold out until summer. I think that you will have some new phones to chose from like the storm 3 tour 2 and maybe a news pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 07:06 PM
    Oh I definitely can't wait until summer. I've had the dare for 19 months way too long and I'm sick of it. I'm definitely going closer to upgrade time to check them out more. I've been watching reviews and things on cnet and reading vzw reviews and all. And who knows, maybe by the end of april this mythical tour2/essex/bold will be out and I can check that one too. I read Salomondrin's review of it and it seems like a decent phone. But from reading other's posts on here as well they're very impressed with the Tour and curve2. The reason I've been hoping the tour2 comes out is it has the wi-fi and it'd be a nice feature, though the curve2 has wi-fi too doesn't it? Though I've heard it feels cheap with the plastic case?
    03-08-10 08:33 PM
    As mentioned before, hands on is the best way to decide what BB is the best for your personal needs/wants. I have gone through the S1, 8330 and am currently with a Tour right now.
    IMO, I'd leave the Tour1 right on Verizon's shelf. It was nice when it came out, but within...what?...a month? it was outdated. That's a little too fast for even my tastes (and I go through phones like toilet paper hehe). It's really not that speedy, a trackpad is SO much nicer than a ball, the build quality is so-so, and the ridiculous wait for 5.0 is beyond frustrating.
    I now have no interest in the Tour2/Bold-whatever.
    03-09-10 03:13 AM
    So if you had to go to Verizon today, which model would you get, Simply?
    03-09-10 06:25 AM
    I had to go through the same thing as u I had my touch screen krave I could not wiat till dec 2010 so I bought the new curve and I have a nice cover for it that makes the phone feel way mor solid and it looks hot in this cover. Lol I think all u have to do is look at the phones and play with them the curve is updated that is y I got it other than the tour. I suggest the curve and get a cover.

03-09-10 09:02 AM
    Yeah, playin around with the curve, I liked it. I didn't get a chance to look at the Tour yet. My friend has the original vzw Curve, and he loves it, a good solid device, so I'm thinkin the Curve2 may be just as good if not better, but of course like I said, if they come out with anything new liek tour2/essex/whatever I'll look into those too but I'm not going to wait 3 months after my upgrade date for one if they're not out by then.
    03-09-10 09:12 AM
    Get a Droid or by then the VZW version of the N1 should be out. Get one of those and stay away from the dinosaur, blackberry.
    03-09-10 09:13 AM
    Like I said though I really don't want touch screen at all.
    03-09-10 09:15 AM
    I can only add to the chorus that says "Try the various models out in a store", I think if you do one will jump out at you, it will fit your hand and just "feel" right.
    03-09-10 09:21 AM
    I would say wait for the Tour2 to come out.
    03-09-10 09:21 AM
    Yeah but the way it's going, it might not be out til June, July who knows and if it comes w/in 30 days of me getting whatever I decide on, I can always return for the new one. I'm sick of the Dare, I'm on my 4th one now and it's refurbished and doesn't work well but I'd have to pay $50 to get another so I really can't wait.
    03-09-10 10:03 AM
    I love my Tour.
    03-09-10 02:47 PM
    Welcome to the forum! I've had many Blackberries and I can honestly say that the Tour is the best phone I have ever had. I have had mine since November and have not had any of the issues other people have had, but of course not everyone will be so fortunate. I had many problems with the Storm1 before this. The only differences I really know of between the Tour and Curve is that the Curve has wi-fi and a trackpad.

I dont know why they didnt add wi-fi and a trackpad to the Tour but I dont mind the track ball and like I said, havent had any issues with it and I dont really need wifi. I have heard good things about the Curve and my friend had one and it was a pretty neat phone. I definitely say get the new Tour/Bold when it comes out. It looks like it will be an awesome phone!
    03-09-10 03:35 PM
    Have never played with a Tour but have heard that it really falls short of being a blackberry. I have a curve 2 and can say its a really cool phone, I bought a gel skin for mine when I bought it so my feels more bulkeir. I love the curve.

03-09-10 03:53 PM
    Hey im new to blackberry aswell im moving to america soon and im trying to unlock my phone but in my country they cant unlock it anyone can help?
    03-09-10 04:26 PM
    Being a US cell user in general I'd say bring it to the store of the service provider you have/desire and see what they can do, or google it.
    03-09-10 07:36 PM
    Hi, I am new and don't have a BB phone at the moment. I haven't made up my mind yet, a big fun though. I think it's the best. any suggestion. I want something not so obvious, slim and the most important of all is I can use it for work
    03-10-10 07:43 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD