Looks like Sony Pictures is the latest victim in a large international scale hack. After Apple scandalous iCloud hack and Home Depot credit card breach do any of these company learn anything about the importance of security? Did you or your company switch to Blackberry after hearing all these stories of security breach in the headlines? Do you even care about security?

Security experts doubt North Korea hacked into Sony | CTV News
    gokulesh likes this.
    12-03-14 01:53 PM
    I actually always though Sony should have considered picking up BlackBerry. They could have used them to get into automobile infotainment systems, QNX embedded in TV's, video games systems, etc.. They could have rebranded parts of it Sony and left parts of it BlackBerry.
    gokulesh and Grafic111 like this.
    12-03-14 01:59 PM
    From what I'm hearing it wasn't the mobile environment that was compromised but rather their windows one. It's thought that someone inadvertently or on purpose brought in the Trojan that compromised their environment.

The only advantage they would have if they had moved to BlackBerry is that they could have bragged that they're girlfriends naked pics never got to their wives.

But this is more more instance that should tell the average consumer that security is your responsibility. It might have been a companies PCs this time, but your phone is always a target it left vulnerable. And in some cases, the vulnerability is the phone you choose.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-03-14 02:05 PM
    I see no reason to assume that their mobile infrastructure and mobile management had anything to do with the security breach.
    12-03-14 02:21 PM
    Lol, I don't get the point here.

In iCloud case, it is the users that used online storage with lousy password. How would using BBRY help in this case?
    In Home Depot case, it is the PC terminals got hacked and I failed to see how using different mobile solution helps with the application breach on the PC terminal.
    TgeekB and mornhavon like this.
    12-03-14 02:48 PM
    Looks like Sony Pictures is the latest victim in a large international scale hack. After Apple scandalous iCloud hack and Home Depot credit card breach do any of these company learn anything about the importance of security? Did you or your company switch to Blackberry after hearing all these stories of security breach in the headlines? Do you even care about security?

Security experts doubt North Korea hacked into Sony | CTV News
    You realize that Sony makes a competing product? Wouldn't using a competitor's product be kinda odd?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-03-14 03:49 PM
    Sony could licence the OS.

But that would also mean more negative exposure in case anything goes wrong, or people / celebs use cloud services with placebo passwords...

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    12-03-14 04:11 PM
    ....perhaps Sony, Home Depot, Target and others should consider joining BlackBerry's BES 12 club. Maybe Chen should start making some phone calls. I smell opportunity here!
    thymaster likes this.
    12-03-14 08:36 PM
    Sony Canada used to sell Blackberry phones exclusively at The Sony Store.

You realize that Sony makes a competing product? Wouldn't using a competitor's product be kinda odd?

rarsen likes this.
    12-03-14 11:31 PM
    Sony has a habit of storing passwords and private data as unencrypted plaintext, so BlackBerry doesn't really mesh with their corporate mission statement.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 11:33 PM
    Sony has a habit of storing passwords and private data as unencrypted plaintext, so BlackBerry doesn't really mesh with their corporate mission statement.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. That's one funny corporate mission. Lol

I get what your saying though. It was just wishful thinking to get QNX embedded in more consumer electronics.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 06:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    And installing DRM trojans on users' systems, LOL...
    :-)

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 12-04-14 at 02:35 PM.
    12-04-14 07:26 AM
    Lol, I don't get the point here.

In iCloud case, it is the users that used online storage with lousy password. How would using BBRY help in this case?
    In Home Depot case, it is the PC terminals got hacked and I failed to see how using different mobile solution helps with the application breach on the PC terminal.
    I agree this doesn't have anything to do with mobile. As for Apple, it is just like them to blame the user. And let's say they are correct as opposed to a sophisticated attack. Here we have users using weak passwords. Ok fine. But the fact that most users may not even understand that icloud services were default and that their data was being sent to the cloud is an issue in itself. But better yet is the fact that unlimited iterations were allowed. This absolutely demonstrates how poor Apples security is.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 07:30 AM
    Sony is also going to release Firefox os phones. They should get in BlackBerry too.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:01 AM

At the same time though the competing product has failed miserably in the market because they could not compete or distinguish themselves from all of the other Android vendors.

Using a rebranded Bb10 OS maybe called simply QNX OS that has built in compatibility to their phone and playstation systems might not be a bad idea.

Too bad they got out of laptops though.
    12-04-14 04:50 PM
    Can Blackberry stop people from breaking into my house too? Let's not exaggerate here.
    sentimentGX4 and mornhavon like this.
    12-04-14 06:04 PM
    Can Blackberry stop people from breaking into my house too? Let's not exaggerate here.
    It really is amazing. Any time there is any security issue completely unrelated to anything mobile the answer is "They should be using Blackberry, that would stop it!"

The sad part is that I would bet that over half of the people on here aren't on BES and think their phone is secure because it says "Blackberry" on it.
    sentimentGX4 and mornhavon like this.
    12-04-14 06:46 PM
    Sony should get out of the phone business altogether. They made a few great phones but the android market is cut throat. Bleeding money in their mobile division worse than BlackBerry. When your mobile division is doing worse than BlackBerry it's a sign to get out.

They're predicting a $1.7 billion loss by next march. Their PS4's are supporting the mobiles.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 06:55 PM
    At the same time though the competing product has failed miserably in the market because they could not compete or distinguish themselves from all of the other Android vendors.

Using a rebranded Bb10 OS maybe called simply QNX OS that has built in compatibility to their phone and playstation systems might not be a bad idea.

Too bad they got out of laptops though.
    They are selling around 8 million smartphones a quarter and you call that failing....how bad is BB failing with bb10 if that is the case? I do agree they are losing money but sales numbers really arent bad at all
    12-04-14 07:10 PM
    They are selling around 8 million smartphones a quarter and you call that failing....how bad is BB failing with bb10 if that is the case? I do agree they are losing money but sales numbers really arent bad at all
    Compared to the leaders like Apple and Samsung, Sony is failing badly. In fact both are IMO. Many might question my thinking of two losers making a winner, but I think between the two they have what it takes. BlackBerry a beautifully done OS, MDM network solutions, BBM(untapped as yet) and Sony has tremendous hardware and cross-platform functionality as well as a presence in International markets that BlackBerry has never been able to compete against.

My only real worry about a Sony-BlackBerry match up is that the BlackBerry name would cease to exist and that Sony doesn't have the focus needed to get it where it needs to go(too many phone refreshes, too wide a phone product lineup).
    12-04-14 08:14 PM
    Selling 8 million phones a quarter and predicting billions in losses in mobile division. Epic fail.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 08:26 PM
    It's humorous that people in here are calling Sony a failure in the mobile area.

The other thing that's forgotten is Sony is highly diversified outside of the handset market in a place that only Blackberry could dream of being. If anything they'd buy Blackberry and destroy its handset business completely and put the OS on its phones. They'd never license the OS and pay Blackberry for it when they could easily buy the company if they wanted to.
    12-04-14 09:39 PM
    It's humorous that people in here are calling Sony a failure in the mobile area.

The other thing that's forgotten is Sony is highly diversified outside of the handset market in a place that only Blackberry could dream of being. If anything they'd buy Blackberry and destroy its handset business completely and put the OS on its phones. They'd never license the OS and pay Blackberry for it when they could easily buy the company if they wanted to.
    What would you call it? A runaway success? A bad quarter?

No one here is claiming BlackBerry is anything different they're not as bad, but not a success yet either.

BlackBerry is not dreaming of being diversified as Sony. They know their market and are concentrating on it. I'm quite sure BlackBerry is not dreaming of making TV s and game consoles and image sensors and what ever else there is that Sony does. Unless you know different.

Sony is in no place right now to go and buy BlackBerry. Put BlackBerry valuation at 3billion., actually let's lowball it to 2 billion. Do you think Sony is in the market to buy any company for 2billion? Have you seen sony's financials? A company thats predicting almost a 2 billion loss in their mobile division is no where near buying any mobile company.

You can be diversified all you want, but if that diversification(game consoles) is keeping a sinking ship afloat, it's not a success. I see a short term failure. They may turn it around in the long term.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    12-04-14 09:58 PM
    There smartphones have made them quite a bit of money - not sure how you can call that "failed miserably", given that it will be at least a couple more years before BB10 will have profited the first penny for BB. If their phones had been in a separate division the whole time, that division would have been profitable, but in fact, the losses in PCs were (much) greater than the profit on phones, and diverted a lot of money out the division that could have been used to grow and promote the phone business. Given that, Sony has done just fine with their phones.
    12-04-14 10:17 PM
    Selling 8 million phones a quarter and predicting billions in losses in mobile division. Epic fail.
    Except it was the NON-PHONE devices in the "mobile division" (read: laptops) that were responsible for those losses. The phones were profitable, which means your argument holds no water.
    12-04-14 10:19 PM
41 12