If I am the only person who refuses to pay for apps... Playbook, BB or otherwise...
    04-14-12 06:01 AM
    Freebies are nice but I don't wait for'em lol
    04-14-12 06:35 AM
    At least I'm not your side.
    NOTHING is free, unless you steal it ...
    Some can be given, just for the gesture and I thank devs for that.

But generally, the basic principle applies :
    If you grab a product for free, be aware that YOU are probably the (real) product.
    04-14-12 06:40 AM
    I hate it when I pay for an app and if I accidentally delete it you need to buy it again..

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 06:43 AM
    Apps are never usually over $5in most cases and there are a number of quality ones I have paid for on both the BB and pb. I support developers so they will continue to support my chosen platform.
    04-14-12 06:44 AM
    I have no problem paying for an app.

Most of the time, I would rather pay for the app than have adds shoved in my face.

I do appreciate free versions (either restricted or add driven) to try things out though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-14-12 06:51 AM
    You want something? Help the dev and you get something good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    04-14-12 06:56 AM
    I hate it when I pay for an app and if I accidentally delete it you need to buy it again..

I've never had to buy an app again.
    04-14-12 06:59 AM
    If it's a good application i don't mind paying some bucks or more. Do some research before buying an application.
    Read the reviews and so on. If the application works out for another person it doesn't mean it would work out for you.
    I too didn't need to buy an application again if i already paid for it. If that's the case contact the developer etc for more info.
    Aslong if it's not an upgrade, buy the upgrade if you need it otherwise don't upgrade.
    Freebies are always nice though. I would donate if possible.
    04-14-12 07:08 AM

Don't you just redownload it for free? At least that's what happens on my iPad.
    04-14-12 07:13 AM
    Don't you just redownload it for free? At least that's what happens on my iPad.
    Yes. That is how it works on my bb and pb.
    04-14-12 07:24 AM
    You do realise that there are no free apps?.. Some developer somewhere spent his time and his money, sometimes simply for the challenge of "i wonder if i can"... so while it may be free to you, it is not free.

The Android community is way more open to thanking, respecting and donating to developers than CB seems to be..

I do not load may apps on my BB.. it has its job as my communications hub.. but sure i will pay $1 to get rid of ads on a flashlight app.

Any other device (ipad, android tablet) needs to earn its existence.. and i have loaded apps to the tune of $200 on those things.. and in so doing, saved $200 on a car nav system, $1000 on a second chartplotter for my boat, and saved about $2000 in international calling.

free app = "penny wise, pound foolish"
    04-14-12 07:35 AM
    As far as I'm concerned... If I don't pay for it, then it is free. Just because it took someone else hours to code it doesn't make it my investment. The only free app I have with ads is Pandora.
    04-14-12 07:55 AM
    If I am the only person who refuses to pay for apps... Playbook, BB or otherwise...
    No, there are a bunch more cheap folks out there that don't seem to want to pay folks for their hard work. .

Tim
    04-14-12 08:31 AM

What kind of BB do you have that you can not redownload it from App World?

Tim
    04-14-12 08:32 AM
    No, there are a bunch more cheap folks out there that don't seem to want to pay folks for their hard work. .

Tim

Well, if I go to BBAW and the app is free... there probably wasn't a lot of hard work, and if there was, it is still not my problem. I'm not cheap, but I won't pay for crap.

For those who are challenged by this concept, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT STEALING APPS.
    04-14-12 08:34 AM
    some of the best apps out there are free... and not available on blackberry. you know who the usual suspects are.

on the other hand, i believe in the free market theory and most developers who make free apps have their own agendas. ie to create a name for themselves, or to build a large enough userbase so as to be able to sell the app off for hundreds of millions etc..

of course there are devs who put up a solid app for free out of goodwill and those definitely deserve our thanks.

similarly there are also devs who put up poor apps and charge for them, or devs who put up paid apps and provide no form of technical support or bug fixes. the worst are those who con you into purchasing by promising updates which never come.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 08:43 AM
    If a developer creates a sleek productive or entertainment app, why not support them?

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 08:46 AM
    In all my years with a BB i've never paid for an app. Not saying I wouldn't pay for one but the few that I use have been free.
    04-14-12 08:56 AM
    if you bought an app with account say app world or crackberry you log in and are able to re download it as far as i know same deal with iphone/ipad

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 09:02 AM
    Weird.. If I click re-install I need to login and after that it takes me to the payment options. But yeah it only happened with two apps so it's not a big deal.

04-15-12 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD