I noticed something didn't seem right with todays launch demo of BBM video. Besides the fact that the gentleman in London never responded vocally during the call, it looks to me that during the screen sharing segment, the screen on the New York phone was changing before the caller in London had initiated the change, how can that be? Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
    01-30-13 10:18 PM
    I noticed something didn't seem right with todays launch demo of BBM video. Besides the fact that the gentleman in London never responded vocally during the call, it looks to me that during the screen sharing segment, the screen on the New York phone was changing before the caller in London had initiated the change, how can that be? Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
    I think it had to do with delays in the video feed.
    01-30-13 10:21 PM
    there was probably a delay in the feed from London. So the video on the New York BlackBerry was responding in real time while the video feed coming from London was delayed by a couple seconds.
    01-30-13 10:21 PM
    I saw that too, in fact i was getting confused from it as to which was the sender and which was the receiver. If it was a video delay then it shows how quick the phone is in real time. A plus for the phone
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-30-13 10:23 PM
    not rigged. it was live footage delay on one of the feeds
    01-30-13 10:24 PM
    That's what impressed me. Seemed to be very responsive.
    01-30-13 10:32 PM
    It almost looked like it was lagging and getting confusing, but thats just the way it was shown. If you look at crackberries quik preview it looks very fluid
    01-30-13 10:41 PM
    Absolutely!! The Delay is due to streaming video technology. The live camera feed is captured through the video camera, encoded on a computer, pushed over the internet to a video distribution server then to our browsers as well as the presentation at the launch event in NY. The screen share is point to point over wifi to the Blackberry network then to the receiving device. Even if they were live via satellite and not streaming there would still definitely be a delay.
    01-31-13 12:35 AM