I live in San Diego and I was at a restaurant near my house (I live near San Diego State University). Most of the patrons were college kids.

There were about 12 people in the restaurant and nearly all of them had smartphones that they used while I was there. I counted 4 BlackBerry phones - 5 if you include my Torch 9850. Normally when I am out I see nothing but iPhones.

Probably a fluke, but it was nice to see so many CrackBerry folks.

The friend I was at dinner with just got a new iPhone. He was bragging about how some crazy case he got adds significant battery life out of his phone. I told him my naked 9850 with the latest 7.1 OS just pushes my battery life out to nearly 1 1/2 days.

I'm glad to be a BlackBerry owner.
    Morty2264 and CDM76 like this.
    04-13-12 03:56 AM
    Thought the same myself the other night, was on a late train and the carriage was probably half full, most people under 30 yrs old I would say, and nearly all had BBs.

From the people within eye-shot most were on BBM, gave me a anyway as I always like seeing other BB users like me!
    04-13-12 05:03 AM
    iPhone users drive me mad.

Nice to see that. Probably a fluke but doesn't matter!

1 1/2 days! I wonder what kind of user you are.

I'm 12 hours!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    04-13-12 05:43 AM
    I like seeing other BB users too and find myself trying to see which BB they have.
    I've actually seen more BBs this week alone, than I've seen in the longest.
    04-13-12 09:14 AM
    It sucks because I rarely see anyone with a BB around my area and if so it's usually an older Curve. My boss has the 9930, but just for work.
    04-13-12 10:18 AM
    Had my daughter at an indoor playground recently and noticed almost every parent had a BB! Been noticing a lot of younger people with bb's when I'm out and around too.
    04-13-12 10:28 AM
    Most people I see are using a dumb or feature phone.
    04-13-12 10:31 AM
    I saw my first dumbphone in ages a few days ago....Some kind of Samsung flip phone. I thought I was back in the 90s....

I see tons of BBs at work and downtown in Toronto. Mostly suit-type people, but more than a few of the younger crowd. We usually go to the same restaurant/bar after work, at least once or twice a week. We have go so often they let us add em to BBM (A Bartender and a Server, so we can msg and ask if it's busy, or ask em to hold a table for us. Awesome!!) Wish more places did that. Would make my life easier...LoL
    04-13-12 10:55 AM
    During the work week, I see a lot of BBs out and about, especially at lunch.

During the weekend, it's the opposite: lots of iPhones, some Droids, some BBs. Makes me think that people are using a BB given to them at work, but their own personal device is something else.
    04-13-12 11:20 AM
    I see a lot BlackBerry devices. I go to school in Center City, Philadelphia and you wouldn't even think BBs were declining with what I see. Although, sadly, I'm the only person I know who owns a PlayBook, but still nice to see other BB users.
    04-13-12 12:42 PM
    BB sightings here are few and far between.
    Wisconsin.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    04-13-12 12:56 PM
    I'm wondering if anyone had a chance to see the movie "The Darkest Hour" recently?? BlackBerry phones are all through this movie, loved it.

Here on the USA/Mexico border you see BlackBerry phones everywhere, mostly i8530 because of the walkie-talkie feature. Many people use this feature on BB's to save on phone calls back and forth across the border.
    04-13-12 02:51 PM
    1 1/2 days! I wonder what kind of user you are.

I'm 12 hours!
    I use BBM all the time, make an average of 3 or so calls per day (not much), check my email, BlackBerry News and Facebook alot, it's always connected to my PlayBook via Bridge so I can play Words With Friends at work (no WiFi here) and when I'm driving it's connected to my Ford Sync for phone calls and Pandora streaming (but I prefer Sirius so I don't do that much).

I don't stream or play music much so that might be what saves the battery. The newest OS 7.1 version added the Battery Saver feature which is set to "Always On".
    04-13-12 06:08 PM
    I saw my first dumbphone in ages a few days ago....Some kind of Samsung flip phone. I thought I was back in the 90s....
    My mom has one of those Samsung flip phones.
    04-13-12 11:22 PM
    If you go to London it's impossible NOT to see a Blackberry, they're everywhere.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-14-12 03:34 AM

I see tons of BBs at work and downtown in Toronto. Mostly suit-type people, but more than a few of the younger crowd. We usually go to the same restaurant/bar after work, at least once or twice a week. We have go so often they let us add em to BBM (A Bartender and a Server, so we can msg and ask if it's busy, or ask em to hold a table for us. Awesome!!) Wish more places did that. Would make my life easier...LoL
    Now that's what's up . Which reminds me, I definitely need to figure out if I'm going to add an international plan to my phone when I go to Toronto next month or get a local sim
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-14-12 09:08 AM
    Hooray! It's nice to see so many people with a BlackBerry! (Though I have nothing against the other brands.) Doesn't the holster we get with our phones help advance/save on battery life, as well?
    04-14-12 11:56 AM
    iPhone users drive me mad.
    Why? What is it about iPhone users that drives you mad? The phone? Interesting generalization.

Can't be the personality, because not every iPhone user is the same or thinks the same. Are you talking about the fanboys?

Also to the OP- I'm glad you are enjoying your BB. They are great devices.
    04-14-12 12:19 PM
    i teach high school...far and way the most popular phone of choice...at least at my school is blackberry..bbm and twitter are the new facebook..its how they communicate now...blackberry not dead in the 13-17 year old bracket

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 01:35 PM
    Went to an open house at Philadelphia University today where my daughter will be attending in the fall. Saw some blackberrys, a lot of iPhones and some droid devices. What pleased me though was that the young lady giving us the tour of one of the dorms had a Samsung Focus Flash a windows phone device.

I had my Playbook with me as well which got a few looks.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    04-14-12 03:05 PM
    Why? What is it about iPhone users that drives you mad? .
    the fact they post on crackberry onli jokin lol
    avt123 likes this.
    04-14-12 03:18 PM
    the fact they post on crackberry onli jokin lol
    Hey, my BB isn't mass produced yet.
    04-14-12 03:41 PM
    Went to an open house at Philadelphia University today where my daughter will be attending in the fall. Saw some blackberrys, a lot of iPhones and some droid devices. What pleased me though was that the young lady giving us the tour of one of the dorms had a Samsung Focus Flash a windows phone device.

I had my Playbook with me as well which got a few looks.
    Yep, Philadelphia has A LOT of BlackBerry users. Very nice to see!
    04-14-12 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD