Have you guys noticed that the BlackBerry Blogosphere is pretty much dead? I mean look at the recent news in the homepage, nothing but app reviews and accessories. With DevCon around the corner..literally tomorrow, Kevin and the gang are usually running around like busy little ants trying to cover everything DevCon related. Doesn't seem that way this time. I think SOMETHING BIG is brewing for tomorrow, and they haven't posted because they'd give themselves away.

What do you guys think?
    -Crackberry: Mute
    -N4BB: Silenced
    -BlackBerry Beta Zone: Complete waste land
    -BlackBerryOS: In a state of coma
    -BlackberrySync: Almost entirely rigomortis

Is it that there really is no news to report? I know we've seen the BB10 keynote twice already, but that was a few months back, with new leadership and a leaked image of the London, I'd expect there to be more of a buzz here on Crackberry of all places.
    02-06-12 02:03 PM
    I've been keeping an eye on #bbdevcon on a screen today. Seems like a lot of activity there, with everyone flying in and picking up their free Playbooks today.
    02-06-12 02:18 PM
    n4bb and berryreview have posted information about OS 2 displays etc
    02-06-12 02:23 PM
    I'm going to say that anyone of signicance in the BB world right now is in transit to Devcon. I wouldn't put a lot of significance on the lack of buzz today...
    lorax1284 likes this.
    02-06-12 02:23 PM
    I'm going to say that anyone of signicance in the BB world right now is in transit to Devcon. I wouldn't put a lot of significance on the lack of buzz today...
    I agree...
    02-06-12 02:46 PM
    But there will be a flurry when the conference is over, I bet.
    02-06-12 03:04 PM
    I believe Rim is sitting on the verge of greatness. I expect to be wowwed soon! Just a hunch.
    Eli_B likes this.
    02-06-12 03:24 PM
    Yes I do believe Kevin is on the way to Europe. We should start to see blogs from their soon. We DID get a little taste of some significant BB news when it was reported (N4BB broke it), that some stores in the UK already have PB OS 2.0 signage.....

BlackBerry PlayBook 2.0 display pops up in the UK
    02-06-12 03:31 PM
    is there any live coverage going on?
    02-06-12 03:38 PM
    It is very cool that there are a few sessions on Cascades! So I assume that means developers will have access to it this week. Hopefully not only the ones who attend the conference! That will be nice to finally get started on an app after months of thinking about it.

According to their site, the sessions will be available as videos to attendees. I hope, like Apple and Google, that the videos will also be made available to all developers after the conference is over. Both Apple and Google make those available for free. If RIM is courting those same developers, then I think this would be expected.

I'm excited to learn more.
    pkcable and Thunderbuck like this.
    02-06-12 03:44 PM
    There may be some live coverage, BUT keep in mind there is a significant time difference. It might actually work to our advantage, as 10am there is (I BELIEVE!) 4pm here. (Here being East time, as I'm in Philly, and Amsterdam which I believe is CET, or Central Europe Time)
    02-06-12 03:50 PM
    There may be some live coverage, BUT keep in mind there is a significant time difference. It might actually work to our advantage, as 10am there is (I BELIEVE!) 4pm here. (Here being East time, as I'm in Philly, and Amsterdam which I believe is CET, or Central Europe Time)
    If it's in Amsterdam, you've got the time's reversed. It will already be 4pm there, when we hit 10am. Amsterdam's ahead of us. So, either there'll be a lot of stuff posted when we get up or, if they wait, they'll be up late to give us an afternoon view of the late night party scene.
    02-06-12 04:31 PM
    If it's in Amsterdam, you've got the time's reversed. It will already be 4pm there, when we hit 10am. Amsterdam's ahead of us. So, either there'll be a lot of stuff posted when we get up or, if they wait, they'll be up late to give us an afternoon view of the late night party scene.
    Correct, I was thinking backwards. We DO have live coverage though, at 4:30 AM!!!!

http://crackberry.com/join-us-feb-7t...ession-keynote
    02-06-12 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD