HTC has done it before (with the failed FB phone), and reputedly doing it again with an offering for Amazon.
    This article actually covers everything in your post:

Report: Amazon and HTC team up to build smartphones, risk ire of Google | Ars Technica

The Facebook phone was a fully Google-certified phone, with all Google apps and Play store, and was just running the Facebook launcher. If you turned off FB Home, you got stock AOSP Android like a Nexus.

IF HTC goes ahead with Amazon, which is far from certain, they risk expulsion from OHA and their access to Google apps and services. Maybe they think they can survive with Amazon's services?
    12-13-13 02:06 PM
    So I was hallucinating when I saw congressional hearings where Huweii was specifically called out.... oh well here it is http://www.rcrwireless.com/article/2...nextel-huawei/

And no phones are made many other places than China.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I'm not saying youre wrong im saying the whole idea is wrong. We are too paranoid these days

Sent from my Z30
    12-13-13 02:48 PM
    Lol I'm not saying youre wrong im saying the whole idea is wrong. We are too paranoid these days

Sent from my Z30
    Yet people are terrified on this forum of Google mining their data, the NSA, etc. China is very good at gathering data too. The fear with China is how involved the government is with the businesses, to the point of almost ownership with some.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 04:08 PM
    Yet people are terrified on this forum of Google mining their data, the NSA, etc. China is very good at gathering data too. The fear with China is how involved the government is with the businesses, to the point of almost ownership with some.

Posted via CB10

Our data is out there and governments will get ahold of it if they want to. It's completely wrong, but that's another story. But wasn't Lenovo denied in their attempt of buying BlackBerry by the Canadian government for "security issues" and having to do with China? C'mon...
    12-13-13 08:51 PM
29 12