Well not me, but a friend of mine got an 8520 as a gift from her boyfriend. She is a friend of a friend actually so I don't know them very well at all. But she implies that every single time she picks or makes a call she gets sort of a missed call from the SAME random number, she also claims that this happens when she gets a text too.

What can this be?
    02-01-10 02:18 PM
    Sounds like Google Voice is set up for the device. Call the 'mystery' number from a different phone and see if her mobile rings.
    Last edited by Hosehead13; 02-01-10 at 02:23 PM.
    02-01-10 02:20 PM
    I will tell her to do that but I'm 99% sure that is not the problem, we don't use that stuff here at all. We are very third world here (outside US), most people just use voice and sms, ocassional bbm that's it. No other apps are ever downloaded lol.
    02-01-10 02:26 PM
    The other thing to check is to see what apps are loaded, and if any 3rd party apps are running.

Then, check the BIS account and see if there are any BCC rules set up on the e-mail account. I doubt you would see anything on the BB if it were on the BIS account, but you would definitely be able to tell if anything was set up there.

If you're seeing a strange number coming through (especially all the time), it might be worth checking to see if it is a Google Voice, Line2, Skype, or another SIP system being forwarded.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-01-10 07:12 PM
    Well not me, but a friend of mine got an 8520 as a gift from her boyfriend. She is a friend of a friend actually so I don't know them very well at all. But she implies that every single time she picks or makes a call she gets sort of a missed call from the SAME random number, she also claims that this happens when she gets a text too.

What can this be?
    but of course the KGB is after you.
    02-02-10 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD