So the firm that I work in has a fair number of employees working there. So when an email was sent out informing everyone they have found a lost iphone, I heard bags shuffle, and noticed everyone was checking their pockets to make sure it wasn't theirs that was lost.

If I lose my Curve...I'll immediately be able to spot within sight . One more reason to hold on to your Blackberries!
    03-06-12 11:41 PM
    To answer your question,.....the effect could be disastrous. Unless it had all its sensitive data remotely wiped. In which case the effect would be nil.
    03-06-12 11:50 PM
    So the firm that I work in has a fair number of employees working there. So when an email was sent out informing everyone they have found a lost iphone, I heard bags shuffle, and noticed everyone was checking their pockets to make sure it wasn't theirs that was lost.

If I lose my Curve...I'll immediately be able to spot within sight . One more reason to hold on to your Blackberries!
    Hopefully he/she has find my iPhone setup. That way they can at least wipe/lock or place a message on the device.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    moiselles likes this.
    03-07-12 05:58 AM
    iPhones have a "Find My Phone" feature in which you go on line with another iOS device (your Mac,,etc), download the app to this "other" device, and it will locate your missing phone, with a map. It will also either ring the phone, send a message to the phone, lock it, and if necessary, wipe it clean.

Such an app would be great for all BB products.
    moiselles likes this.
    03-07-12 05:59 AM
    iPhones have a "Find My Phone" feature in which you go on line with another iOS device (your Mac,,etc), download the app to this "other" device, and it will locate your missing phone, with a map. It will also either ring the phone, send a message to the phone, lock it, and if necessary, wipe it clean.

I'm not sure you need an app to do that. Last year, I was able to log on to mobileme.com (had at least 1 good use haha) and track my phone. From there, I could make it ring, password lock it, or remotely wipe the data. All from the web browser.
    03-07-12 07:15 AM

Only missing for PB yet. Blackberry Protect does it for free on other BB devices (not sure for OS5 devices ...).
    03-07-12 07:16 AM
    Only missing for PB yet. Blackberry Protect does it for free on other BB devices (not sure for OS5 devices ...).
    You're correct, only the PB is missing this feature; and the iOS app is a free app and service as well, and will help locate your iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
    03-07-12 07:43 AM
    I'm not sure you need an app to do that. Last year, I was able to log on to mobileme.com (had at least 1 good use haha) and track my phone. From there, I could make it ring, password lock it, or remotely wipe the data. All from the web browser.
    Yes. Technically MobileMe is an app. But you're correct also avail on all AAPL products free of charge.
    03-07-12 08:15 AM

But was this an enterprise phone or did someone leave their personal phone in the restroom again?

Happens all the time, usually in the ladies room though. Guys never carry our phones in our hands.
    Last edited by ADozenEggs@aol.com; 03-07-12 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Typo
    03-07-12 08:18 AM
    Yup... You can use Apples Findmyphone both from the browser, as well as from an app. It's such a cool little feature, that came in very handy when my son couldn't find his iPod. The app showed us that it was still in the house and hadn't been stolen (Google maps) and from then it was just a question to click a button to make the lost device ring as loud as possible.

I've already seen newspaper stories about iPhone owners directing police officers to the exact location of their stolen phone in real time.
    03-07-12 09:44 AM
    But was this an enterprise phone or did someone leave their personal phone in the restroom again?

Happens all the time, usually in the ladies room though. Guys never carry our phones in our hands.
    And I've never dropped my phone in the toilet
    03-07-12 10:37 AM
    Apple has an app for that too...dropped in the toilet phones are discovered by the iCare team who check the color of the material sandwiched in somewhere between the display and the electronics; wet phone = change in color = you're chit out 'o luck, warranty, extended or otherwise, or not.
    03-07-12 10:42 AM
    Hahaha.. Awesome!!
    03-07-12 10:46 AM
    After reading this thread, I am downloading BlackBerry Protect as we speak. I hope they find that person's iPhone!
    03-07-12 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD