So this morning I had 2 missed calls from the same # as me. The # is exactly the same #. The area code is the same too. I recalled the miss call and some guy answers and he says its not his phone its his friends phone and he doesn't know what the phone # is and he says he is visiting from another country.

I called my carrier (Sprint) and told me its normal to have the same # from someone who is from out of the country.

Is this true what Sprint is saying? I'm worried someone hacked my # and accruing charges.
    06-24-09 04:23 PM
    Sounds suspect to me...
    06-24-09 04:30 PM
    How is it possible that someone from another country can have the exact same number and exact same area code as you.
    And how does someone answer his friends phone and not have his friends number!
    I'd call sprint back and demand some real answers and get a fix.
    06-24-09 04:34 PM
    yeah that sounds real fishy...if theyre out of the country they probably wont even have the 10-digit # we have here in the US...call sprint back they should help you out a bit
    06-25-09 12:29 AM
    You can set 123 Spoof to make it look like your calling yourself... I did it a couple times.
    06-25-09 12:50 AM
    That sounds kind of suspicious. I would call Sprint back and demand a better answer than that.

Other countries have different country codes, so there is no way that someone could have the EXACT same number as you in the US, even if they are visiting from another country.
    06-25-09 03:50 AM
    The Sprint rep is an *****. There must be an issue with your number, or someone is trying to call using your number. This is a perfect example of why I dislike Sprint. They can't do jack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 05:41 AM
    someone is using your number as a Phantom Number; ie.. 123spoof, Bluff My Call... Or maybe some collector skip tracing you...
    08-11-09 11:06 AM
    damn that is a little scary
    08-11-09 11:29 AM
    Whoa, thats crazy. Change your number if they keep jacking you around.
    08-11-09 04:09 PM
    This makes no sense. If you call (actually dial the numbers) your number what rings? your phone or the other person's phone?

If you're not "getting each other's calls" then you don't have the same number.
    08-12-09 10:00 AM
    When I used to do auto repo's we used a service called skip tracy that was basically like spoof app to hide our numbers.....I would suspect debt collector....skip tracer...PI...LE...
    08-12-09 10:29 AM
    hi! i have just got my new BB pearl flip and i can tell you that is a wonderful device, but i wanted to ask, is it normal that my battery lasts only about a day and a half? i check mail about every two hours, use messenger but not for long, and web browser for about an hour or so, but still i think it should last longer, since it was supossed to last about 14 days, someone has the same problem?

HELP
    08-12-09 02:03 PM
    hi! i have just got my new BB pearl flip and i can tell you that is a wonderful device, but i wanted to ask, is it normal that my battery lasts only about a day and a half? i check mail about every two hours, use messenger but not for long, and web browser for about an hour or so, but still i think it should last longer, since it was supossed to last about 14 days, someone has the same problem?

HELP
    08-12-09 02:05 PM

HELP
    You're more than a little off topic. Might want to start your own thread for this.
    08-12-09 02:11 PM
    I know its been awhile since I started this thread and I happen to come across it so I wanted to give the outcome.
    The # that called was not actually my #. All but the last digit was same as mines.
    I felt pretty stupid when I finally figured it out. I guess I kinda panic when I seen the # and overlooked the last digit.
    02-10-10 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD