That's why I put in brackets that it could be many different reasons. I just can't believe that someone would cash in vacation time to camp out for more than 2 weeks without any confirmation that the phones will be available. It wasn't a stab at him in any way, shape, or form. There are many plants with short term layoffs, many seasonal workers like construction... so many different scenarios.... But you're right. He could have weeks of vacation that he simply needs to use up.
    I could think of far better ways to spend vacation than camped outside. I usually take vacation and just stay at home. I'm too broke to go anywhere and finding a babysitter for my horses is a lot harder than telling my sister to stop by a couple times a day to let my dogs out. That being said, I have no problem waiting a couple weeks due to something being sold out.

I know with Apple, they have the big announcement conference and the release days are announced then. I feel for this guy if he spends a week or so out in the cold and the release date isn't until Valentine's Day or something.

If I was his wife or girlfriend, I'd seriously look into shock therapy for him. He needs it.
    01-14-13 10:11 AM

If I was his wife or girlfriend, I'd seriously look into shock therapy for him. He needs it.
    Had any family who've undergone shock therapy? I have, my uncle who was bi polar voluntarily did it about 8 years ago when he was told his meds alone would no longer be effective. I find the comment you made to be a little... Insensitive. And you are usually better than that.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Bobert_123 and jakie55 like this.
    01-14-13 10:15 AM
    Looking at the video it actually seems that the person is doing some rather high class trolling actually. It actually seems his enthusiasm is rather exaggerated and fabricated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    jegs2 and Jake Storm like this.
    01-14-13 10:19 AM
    Stand in line types have always amused me. If you wait a little while and come back later, there will be plenty.

Or you could just order one online and have it shipped right to your home.

Looking at the video it actually seems that the person is doing some rather high class trolling actually. It actually seems his enthusiasm is rather exaggerated and fabricated.
    Concur. It's trolling. He's making fun of Blackberry.
    anon(4018671) and Jake Storm like this.
    01-14-13 10:26 AM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    If it is, it's some epic performance art.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    01-14-13 10:27 AM
    No one is stupid enough to do this. This has got to be a joke or he's being paid to look like a fool.
    01-14-13 10:35 AM
    The fact that people are getting offended by simple jokes is startling. PC is bullspit anyways because everything you say WILL offend someone. Everyone get off your high horse, we all say things that other's are not fans of, whether they tell you or not.

Now on topic, this guys a complete bafoon
    01-14-13 10:43 AM
    Clearly the video was a joke. Have you looked at the guys other videos?
    DrWormBoy and Jake Storm like this.
    01-14-13 10:58 AM
    Clearly a joke. Nice to see an individual doing publicity for RIM though. Never the less, he needs to lay off the vicodin
    01-14-13 11:14 AM
    He's being sarcastic guys.

He's obviously throwing in a few words that RIM people have used, such as "Leapfrog" and "Gamechanger".

And the last line where he says "...so it will be exactly the same" is another clue he's trolling.

Not to mention his enthusiasm seems fake.
    01-14-13 11:59 AM
    Lost. For. Words.
    Camping is fun brah, I'd do it if I had frands
    01-14-13 03:02 PM
    Why not just rent a condo near the Verizon office, and then report on his progress waiting for the phone.

Oh wait, Kevin is already doing this...

If Kevin was such a Crackbery addict, HE would be out there camping out in front of a Bell store. But wait, he also carries an iPhone, so I guess he's just a blogger, no real allegiance, no preference, just report what's new...
    01-14-13 06:12 PM
    Two thoughts come to mind when I watch this video, first one being the obvious...this guy is crazy, 17 days??? is he serious, nothing is worth waiting in line that long for sorry. If BB10 sells out day 1 and I don't get it I will be a little sad but very happy because it means RIM has life again. My second thought, does this crazy guy know something the rest of us don't? Is the phone going to be released on the 30th? Or is he going to be waiting more like 25-30 days out there because the 30th is just the announcement day? Guess we will all find out soon enough.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    That's what i want to know. I'm pretty sure it won't be released until a bit later, so if he has planned for and has supplies for only 17 days...

Also: Does he have a job to go to? Maybe he got kicked out of his apartment and is using the launch as an excuse or something.
    01-14-13 06:36 PM
    They guy is not standing in line, because there is no line. He is the only person out there.
    He could leave for 2 weeks and come back and there still wouldn't be a "line".
    If he was such a hard core fanatic he would know that there most likely will not be an actual merchandise release on that date.

It's all fake trolling folks. He's making fun of BlackBerry users in the form of past Apple fans' behavior.
    01-14-13 06:48 PM
    They guy is not standing in line, because there is no line. He is the only person out there.
    He could leave for 2 weeks and come back and there still wouldn't be a "line".
    If he was such a hard core fanatic he would know that there most likely will not be an actual merchandise release on that date.

It's all fake trolling folks. He's making fun of BlackBerry users in the form of past Apple fans' behavior.
    He could be English. The very definition of an Englishman is of being in a one person queue....
    01-14-13 07:01 PM
    Someone has a lot of time on his hands. LOL!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-14-13 07:05 PM
    Someone has a lot of time on his hands. LOL!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    He's lucky Obama extended unemployment just in time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-14-13 07:51 PM
    Does anyone live near that store? Check to see if he's still there. We should do a drive by with a doz eggs
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    01-14-13 07:56 PM
    01-15-13 01:10 AM
    I think he is participating in "What will you do for a BB10 phone contest? " on this forum. He is not doing something grotesque other than wasting his time and smelling funky at launch time, just let him be.
    01-15-13 07:49 AM
    i think hes just trolling blackberry and their fanbase, like "omg we (bb fans) think its going too be such a huge comeback and a gamechanger even though im the only one waiting and the phones going to be exactly the same"

i dont know why hed bother doing it for 17 days, must be a dare or something or maybe hes just filmed that and gone home again not realising rapidberry would show his video and think hes really staying there for 17 days lol
    01-15-13 01:59 PM
    Woo Hoo, BB10 has official groupees.
    01-15-13 02:57 PM
  23. Professional_Tickle_Fighter's Avatar
    Not exactly the RIM spokemodel for "People that Do"
    01-15-13 03:57 PM
    Was that a BlackBerry 8300 series he held up?!
    01-15-13 04:43 PM
    This guys is totally trolling, and making fun! #fail! too bad though.
    jegs2 and MADBRADNYC like this.
    01-15-13 05:11 PM
67 123