Hey on the 27th I will be boarding a plane and will be on my way to Mexico. Now when I'm on the plane I'm wondering how much data I will be using so as to not pay too much roaming.

My phone is on Bell Mobility, a Canadian company. They charge $6/mb for data while in the USA. I'm on a plane from Detroit so I'll be going all across the US for the most part.

I want to be able to go on the mobile app for Crackberry while on the plane, and maybe a few other mobile sites. I know mobile sites are designed to use less data, so that's what I'm using. Now there is no way in **** I am going to use my phone when in Mexico.

It's already $6000/gb in the US, so I don't want to really pay more than $60 at all on my whole 10 day trip down there. So do you think I can manage this? How much data per hour will I use on the plane in the USA if I switch Crackberry pages via the mobile app maybe once every 4-5 minutes while reading random topics?
    12-22-10 03:12 PM
    I suspect you will find trying to use your mobile connection nearly impossible for a couple reasons.

Cellular service is not designed to cope with aircraft moving at high speeds through air corridors delebretly located over unpopulated areas. You will pass over and put of range in seconds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 03:29 PM
    You might want to look at the cost of using the WiFi hotspot on the plane. I know some airlines now offer this feature for a fee, then you could surf on the plane over WiFi, rather than ticking off the FAA and using a Cell signal on an aircraft, which in the US is a big no no.
    12-22-10 03:45 PM
    Hmm... I'm inexperienced with air travel as a whole. I do know how to easily hack my way into payed networks on stuff like trains... is it similar and what are my chances of getting caught :P
    12-22-10 06:41 PM
    CrackBerry neither condones nor supports theft of services. You can't get help with that here.
    12-22-10 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD