I used to have blackberry unite on my BB, but before I install it again, I just want to know... Can I access all my files on my desktop from outside my house? I use to be able to download songs, documents and pictures wirelessly to my Blackberry while I was in my house with WIFI. Can I also download files while Im out and about?Also how much device memory does is BBunite take up? I have a lot of apps and I dont was to install bbunite if it takes up too much memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 04:05 AM
    anyone know?
    01-14-09 10:17 PM
    You will be able to download (and upload) files to the maximum you define in the Unite web application on your unite server. It defaults to 1MB so it's best if you increase that to 10MB (the max).

Not sure how much memory the apps use.

-m
    01-15-09 01:27 PM
    Thank you mykey2k for the info. I appriciate it.

01-15-09 03:43 PM
    So does it work outside of the house? Outside of my house's wifi?

01-16-09 01:42 AM
    With Blackberry Unite you will be able to connect to your documents on your home computer using the blackberry data plan or another wifi hotspot located away from your house. I tried out Unite for a few days and this worked.
    01-27-09 08:41 PM
    With Blackberry Unite you will be able to connect to your documents on your home computer using the blackberry data plan or another wifi hotspot located away from your house. I tried out Unite for a few days and this worked.
    Thanks for the info!! Appreciate it!

01-28-09 11:45 PM
    Since it is a question thread may I also ask the following:
    Can UNITE be used standalone, without any servers? I'm asking cause I'm with BIS for my private enterprise and don't have any BB Servers yet.
    Does it have any impact on emails? I mean, I would like to have access to calendar and files, but do not want to leave my PC open all the time. Can I continue receiving emails through BIS over my carrier and just have access to files/calendar over Unite?
    Except the above what other features does it offer?
    What about stability? Is it 'alright'?
    02-23-09 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD