So I have a buddy who has an 8900, which he got to replace his iPhone, and he has taken to it well. Getting into the Blackberry way of life.

A week or so ago, he BBM's me to say he is having troubles with his berry, and that it keeps randomly resetting itself. Quite a few times a day too.

At the time he was running a leaked OS 5.0, along with a leaked update for BBM. Positive it was something to do with the newly added BBM leak, he removed and reinstalled.... Still it persisted.

Eventually after much discussion, I suggested he wipe it, and do a fresh install with only genuine released software. He did this, and STILL it carried on resetting.

Anyway, today I get a message to say its still playing up, but this time an additional piece of info..... "the slightest shake and it resets"

Suddenly the penny dropped. He recently changed the battery cover for a black one from eBay, from HongKong. I suggested the battery was able to move and disconnect for a brief moment causing the reset.
    I get a reply saying the replacement battery cover does NOT have foam on it, so allows a little movement....
    A piece of paper later, and guess what..... It has not reset all day lol.

I love it when the problem is SO big, that the little solutions are overlooked until you have tried all the big ones.

EDIT...
    PIN removed to avoid going to jail for a long time, I really should be more careful, thanks for the legal advice! Lol
    Last edited by Snazy; 12-16-09 at 12:54 PM.
    12-16-09 11:29 AM
    lol, nice.
    12-16-09 11:32 AM
    PS I forgot to add.

Just got another message, 5 hours later... No resets, no problems with it at all.
    12-16-09 11:35 AM
    Another epic fail is giving out someone else's PIN for the public to view without their authorization.
    12-16-09 12:19 PM
    Another epic fail is giving out someone else's PIN for the public to view without their authorization.
    Ha... agreed.

I do stuff like this all the time, espeically working on cars. Good thing it's nothing serious.
    12-16-09 12:23 PM
    Lol riiiiight, depending how anal you are that is.
    I believe he has a sense of humour.
    Lol@ authorisation. Should it be written or verbal? Will BBM or email do?

Cars are the worst mate, I know what you mean totally. I leave it to garages now, but prob end up paying the labour lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 12:48 PM
    awesome! I love noobs
    I'm hardly a noob just over looked the obvious

WOW spazy i'm honoured i got my own thread .

Now running 4.6 again and contemplating the 5.0.0.441 beta lol
    12-16-09 01:05 PM
    Haha "special" people like you deserve threads of your own

Glad its running ok now, even a stable 5.0

So remember children, if your Berry keeps resetting, check the battery cover haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 01:10 PM

OK, I won't call you a nooB if you can tell me where to find 5.0.0.441
    12-16-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD