I don't see anything perilous about thinking the sheep mentality that goes along with the people playing this idiotic game.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    I don't see anything perilous about a generation of people who don't understand why my generation is extremely happy, having fun and getting out of the house and instead prefers to sit at home and be a grump.

Be close minded.

You don't have to like it, you most certainly don't have to play it. But it IS a significant event.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    00stryder, Eumaeus and TgeekB like this.
    08-06-16 01:10 PM
    I'm not much of a gamer but I think it's great to see people out enjoying themselves playing it. Kind of reminds me of when the original Wii game box came out it attracted a whole bunch of people that would never imagine themselves playing video games.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 01:35 PM
    The Ottawa Citizen wrote a pearl-clutching article the other day, that recommended among other things that kids instead of walking around outside getting sunshine playing this game could use their time better by shoveling snow out of the laneways for senior citizens.

It's August.

Some guy snagged all the Pokemon in North America on his PRIV... so?-old-man-yells-cloud.jpg
    Ronindan, 00stryder and Eumaeus like this.
    08-06-16 01:46 PM
    I don't see anything perilous about a generation of people who don't understand why my generation is extremely happy, having fun and getting out of the house and instead prefers to sit at home and be a grump.

Be close minded.

You don't have to like it, you most certainly don't have to play it. But it IS a significant event.

You know, it's refreshing to hear someone speak up like this on Crackberry. Too much "we know what's best for everyone" mentality. There is nothing wrong with variety, something new, and something we may not understand. Enjoy your game.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and Ronindan like this.
    08-06-16 05:17 PM

Be close minded.

Lol so it took this dumb game for people of your generation to get off your butt and do something? What does that say about your generation? The only thing that makes you happy is this idiotic game? I see a lot of younger people with ZERO drive or work ethic. Much of that is because they are the first generation that can't fathom a world without xboxes, cell phones, or tablets etc. I mean omg what would people do without Facebook? Yer takin it a bit personal bub. I can have an opinion AND express it publicly. You don't have to like it but as I said, it's hardly perilous for me to hold that opinion . Lol and I find it hilarious that because I don't play Pok�mon go you assume I just sit at home all grumpy.

08-06-16 08:23 PM
    You know, it's refreshing to hear someone speak up like this on Crackberry. Too much "we know what's best for everyone" mentality. There is nothing wrong with variety, something new, and something we may not understand. Enjoy your game.

Posted via CB10
    The ONLY reason I said anything about it was because he made the statement that we ignored the game at our peril for those of us who have better things to do. It floors me that it took this stupid game to get an entire generation off their butt. I can think of a lot of things they could be doing that's fun, possibly productive and doesn't require a phone to do. Why is THIS the only thing they can do that makes them happy? I could care less if some one wants to play this thing. Not for me, but don't act like it's even important. It's not. Doesn't make me a grump. I do a lot of things out doors that most of these kids either haven't done or wouldn't. Doesn't mean I think they ignore it at their peril. It would be like me saying he ignores deer season at his peril.

08-06-16 08:29 PM

2. The guy lost 25 pounds from being so active, there are millions of fat-asses who should probably start playing this game.
    After loading the game on my Xperia I'm wondering if some of the calorie burn was from carrying a backpack full of powerbanks wherever he went.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 11:45 PM
    Blackberry +pokemon= uberrrrrrr. I'm getting the dtek 50. XD

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 04:25 AM
    Lol so it took this dumb game for people of your generation to get off your butt and do something? What does that say about your generation? The only thing that makes you happy is this idiotic game? I see a lot of younger people with ZERO drive or work ethic. Much of that is because they are the first generation that can't fathom a world without xboxes, cell phones, or tablets etc. I mean omg what would people do without Facebook? Yer takin it a bit personal bub. I can have an opinion AND express it publicly. You don't have to like it but as I said, it's hardly perilous for me to hold that opinion . Lol and I find it hilarious that because I don't play Pok�mon go you assume I just sit at home all grumpy.

Well based on this post you made - you're just grumpy. If you don't want to play the game then don't play. No one is forcing you to play. And you have no right to judge other people because of what they want to do. Besides by the way you sound - you probably played with this instead:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Rock
    MikeX74 and 00stryder like this.
    08-07-16 07:34 AM
    I always love people saying that they don't get this generation playing pokemon. When the back in the 70's pet rocks were a craze. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Rock

Only in crackberry.....
    08-07-16 07:38 AM
    I always love people saying that they don't get this generation playing pokemon. When the back in the 70's pet rocks were a craze. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Rock

Only in crackberry.....
    You have me guessed older than I am. Lol pointing out the fact that people are so proud of themselves for actually getting up off their duff for a game doesn't make me grumpy. If you can't deal with that you might need to do some soul searching. I don't want to play it. I don't care if you do. People need to stop acting like they cured cancer because they actually got up and went outside. I just had my niece and nephews for a week. If I didn't force them to do something they had their face buried in various electronics from the time they got up until they went to bed. That's not being grumpy, that's being realistic. Thet are zombies. When I was thst age I was outside from when I got up until dark. Because I wanted to be. I graduated Highschool in the 90s, im not as old as you think. So now instead of turning the electronics off and going outside, it's a big deal if you just go outside with your faces buried in it. I really wasn't gonna go to this extreme with this. I merely made a light comment about a dumb game that it wasn't perilous to ignore. Some of you turned it into a generation thing. Some of you are taking it personally. Nobody is making you sit on your butt until Pok�mon go comes along. Nobody is telling you not to play it but good grief. Maybe broaden your horizons a little and try something fun without a phone or a tablet in your hand.

08-07-16 07:56 AM
    You have me guessed older than I am. Lol pointing out the fact that people are so proud of themselves for actually getting up off their duff for a game doesn't make me grumpy. If you can't deal with that you might need to do some soul searching. I don't want to play it. I don't care if you do. People need to stop acting like they cured cancer because they actually got up and went outside. I just had my niece and nephews for a week. If I didn't force them to do something they had their face buried in various electronics from the time they got up until they went to bed. That's not being grumpy, that's being realistic. Thet are zombies. When I was thst age I was outside from when I got up until dark. Because I wanted to be. I graduated Highschool in the 90s, im not as old as you think. So now instead of turning the electronics off and going outside, it's a big deal if you just go outside with your faces buried in it. I really wasn't gonna go to this extreme with this. I merely made a light comment about a dumb game that it wasn't perilous to ignore. Some of you turned it into a generation thing. Some of you are taking it personally. Nobody is making you sit on your butt until Pok�mon go comes along. Nobody is telling you not to play it but good grief. Maybe broaden your horizons a little and try something fun without a phone or a tablet in your hand.

And yet here you are commenting on an online discussion board. Maybe broaden your horizons a little and try talking to other people in-person instead with a smartphone or other electronic device.

Regardless of your opinion - this is positive news for the Priv. What can be worse if people focused on BB10 not being supported by Niantic. And before you respond saying: "this is a just a game" this situation also covers enterprise/professional software such Salesforce - one of the industry largest and most used CRM. And this further reinforce the idea that BB can't get their act straight.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 08-07-16 at 08:33 AM.
    TgeekB, 00stryder and MikeX74 like this.
    08-07-16 08:23 AM
    "More productive"

You mean the people who play on their time off?

I work full time at a start up in downtown Toronto, on the weekends and some afternoons, I play pokemon go.

The alternative was sitting at home, inviting a few friends over, and watching some movies or something.

This way, I invite some friends, we go for walk, and even make new friends.

All our lives we've been told to get outside and get off the computer and go play. (Which is ironic because if we did this forum and many phones, including the Priv, may never have been invented)

Well, now we're outside and playing. And we're working and inventing new things, and in a matter of a decade, by the time a lot of you are thinking of retiring, we'll be the ones providing for your retirement benefits and packages.

So you might consider keeping us happy.

On top of that, if you're thinking "productive". People have spent hours and days reconstructing the apk in order to figure out how the game works, this teaches them a lot, and helps practiove their skills.

There are stories of people who have never played before, but decided to now, in order to keep up with their younger client�le. Like real estate agents who realize the opportunity that is having gyms and pokestops near properties.

And of course, businesses that have meetings exploring the potential of this game to make money. Like the Bay in downtown Toronto. Or how about studying the relationship between the game and the 3000 McDonalds in Japan.

You see a game, I see a business case study.

And yeah we needed motivation to go outside. The outside sucks! Robberies, injuries, shootings, drunk drivers, and general hooligans. Who the hell wants to go out?

Besides, it's a stupid game and the company is ruining it every day. People will stop playing it soon.

Of course you're allowed to have your opinion. But it's a bad opinion. Not all opinions are valid. We can listen to them, and ignore them because they're wrong.

Ronindan and 00stryder like this.
    08-07-16 09:24 AM
    "More productive"

I work full time at a start up in downtown Toronto, on the weekends and some afternoons, I play pokemon go.

The alternative was sitting at home, inviting a few friends over, and watching some movies or something.

All our lives we've been told to get outside and get off the computer and go play. (Which is ironic because if we did this forum and many phones, including the Priv, may never have been invented)

Well, now we're outside and playing. And we're working and inventing new things, and in a matter of a decade, by the time a lot of you are thinking of retiring, we'll be the ones providing for your retirement benefits and packages.

On top of that, if you're thinking "productive". People have spent hours and days reconstructing the apk in order to figure out how the game works, this teaches them a lot, and helps practiove their skills.

There are stories of people who have never played before, but decided to now, in order to keep up with their younger client�le. Like real estate agents who realize the opportunity that is having gyms and pokestops near properties.

And of course, businesses that have meetings exploring the potential of this game to make money. Like the Bay in downtown Toronto. Or how about studying the relationship between the game and the 3000 McDonalds in Japan.

And yeah we needed motivation to go outside. The outside sucks! Robberies, injuries, shootings, drunk drivers, and general hooligans. Who the hell wants to go out?

Besides, it's a stupid game and the company is ruining it every day. People will stop playing it soon.

Of course you're allowed to have your opinion. But it's a bad opinion. Not all opinions are valid. We can listen to them, and ignore them because they're wrong.

My opinion is that you're way over the top with this. Since you'll disagree I guess my opinion is wrong lol.

As far as the game goes, I'm young but don't play it. It seems stupid to me but that's just my opinion (which I know, is wrong).
    medic22003 likes this.
    08-07-16 09:34 AM
    Crackberry needs to hire a full-time therapist.
    anon7089239, yasmar and 00stryder like this.
    08-07-16 10:13 AM
    There is that rehab sub-thread, any clinical psychologists/psychiatrists in the house?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    Ronindan and TgeekB like this.
    08-07-16 10:33 AM
    And yet here you are commenting on an online discussion board. Maybe broaden your horizons a little and try talking to other people in-person instead with a smartphone or other electronic device.

Regardless of your opinion - this is positive news for the Priv. What can be worse if people focused on BB10 not being supported by Niantic. And before you respond saying: "this is a just a game" this situation also covers enterprise/professional software such Salesforce - one of the industry largest and most used CRM. And this further reinforce the idea that BB can't get their act straight.
    See its comments like that lol. I'm a working paramedic, have been for years. I've worked in the construction field and in hospitals. Started working for a drywall contractor when I was 19. I DO talk to a lot of people. Many complete strangers OFTEN. I grew up on a farm. If I wasn't out working I was out playing. So telling me to broaden my horizons and actually go talk to people instead of calling out the bs here when I feel like it is funny. I don't give a flying crap if you play this game. I just think it's funny how some of you are trying to justify it. As stated, it's sad that it took this to get people to get up and go outside and talk to someone with their voice. Play if you want, just don't make it more than it is. It ain't all that important lol

Smokeaire likes this.
    08-07-16 10:59 AM
    This whole thread is kinda funny when you think about what we're discussing.Some guy snagged all the Pokemon in North America on his PRIV... so?-napoleon-dynamite-gif-slap-fight.gif

yasmar and medic22003 like this.
    08-07-16 12:26 PM
    Yes it is.

08-07-16 01:49 PM
    "More productive"

Not to keep picking on this post, but your only option before this game came along was to sit at home and watch movies? If the outside sucks because of robberies, injuries, shootings, drunk drivers, and general hooligans, does playing this game make all of that go away?

Also, I'm not sure you understand how benefits and retirement packages work if you think that the older generation needs to keep the younger generation happy in order to receive their benefits. Sorry, but it's not like you can tell someone "hey you weren't nice to me so I'm withholding your retirement." It doesn't work that way.

I'm glad you like the game, but you are making it out to be way more than it is. And there are many people in the younger generation (myself included) who think it's just as stupid as the older generation does.
    Smokeaire and medic22003 like this.
    08-07-16 03:21 PM
    Can we all agree all generations have been imperfect? I don't think that's a reach. Judging other generations is meaningless.
    Now what was the thread about again?
    00stryder likes this.
    08-07-16 04:15 PM
    The only thing of interest to me here is he was showing off his PRIV.

So OP you think they should have buried the story because it's a BlackBerry? Because that's the alternative.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 04:24 PM
    This whole thread is kinda funny when you think about what we're discussing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Napoleon-Dynamite-GIF-Slap-fight.gif 
Views:	160 
Size:	496.0 KB 
ID:	405812

Try to hit me napoleon. You're just jealous because I chat with the babes online all day. I'm going to be a cab fighter

08-07-16 08:42 PM
    Try to hit me napoleon. You're just jealous because I chat with the babes online all day. I'm going to be a cab fighter

Cab fighter?

Like... arcade cab?

Like... street fighter?

... Ryu confirmed.

00stryder likes this.
    08-07-16 08:56 PM
    This is just the next step in evolution from Nintendo Wii.

Now it's outside.

Next it becomes self aware.

After that, we all know what happens.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    08-08-16 12:05 AM
55 123