I'm not quite sure what's sadder, the fact that this guy got all the Pokemon, or the fact that Blackberry thinks it's some sort of accomplishment for the PRIV.

https://twitter.com/blackberry/statu...45372719169538

He caught 'em all, now what? Toronto Pokemon master snags all available characters in North America - Toronto - CBC News
    08-04-16 12:18 PM
    Or maybe the fact that this is the 3rd posting on the same subject..

Followed closely by Kim K searching the World for 9900's since hers died. Yet you can find 253 for sale on E-Bay..

EDIT: not to jam on you OP, just sayin...
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    08-04-16 12:21 PM
    I'm not quite sure what's sadder, the fact that this guy got all the Pokemon, or the fact that Blackberry thinks it's some sort of accomplishment for the PRIV.

https://twitter.com/blackberry/statu...45372719169538

He caught 'em all, now what? Toronto Pokemon master snags all available characters in North America - Toronto - CBC News
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...kemon-1081812/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1081788/

There's no pleasing you people. One group tells BlackBerry to market this, another saying it's stupid.
    08-04-16 12:34 PM

There's no pleasing you people. One group tells BlackBerry to market this, another saying it's stupid.
    What happened to tools not toys? That's what the hardcore fanboys will preach. Maybe if someone found the next number in Pi on a BlackBerry then that might be something to advertise.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-04-16 12:42 PM
    Toni - This is kind of a no-win situation. If I recall correctly (and maybe not,. I am getting older..) You are in the IT field. Have you done any type of Network analysis on how much wasted time and bandwidth the insipid game is using while our employees are using Corp Wi-Fi? I have (at the direction of my CIO) and it is massively painful. Then to top it off, they wanted not only the top 5 offenders wasting time/$ on this game but WHAT DEVICE THEY ARE USING!! This came at the direction of another top Executive because he "heard" that it was easier to find these little creatures on a PRIV (Not sure where that one came from, and just to qualify that statement it is a RUMOR)

Advertisement for the PRIV just went right out the proverbial window.

So now we have to lock down our Wireless solution even further, running the risk and wrath of both Finance, Legal and the top floor type people..

The perpetual self licking Ice Cream Cone comes back to haunt us all...
    TGR1 likes this.
    08-04-16 12:46 PM
    I have a funny feeling that that Pok�mon should buy BBM, baked in financial services, all ready to go:-)

Sent from my 5 star BlackBerry Passport
    08-04-16 12:55 PM
    Wasn't there a threat to the Developer of the Go game recently? Something about users threatening him?

Will see if I can dig it up.
    08-04-16 12:57 PM
    Toni - This is kind of a no-win situation. If I recall correctly (and maybe not,. I am getting older..) You are in the IT field. Have you done any type of Network analysis on how much wasted time and bandwidth the insipid game is using while our employees are using Corp Wi-Fi? I have (at the direction of my CIO) and it is massively painful. Then to top it off, they wanted not only the top 5 offenders wasting time/$ on this game but WHAT DEVICE THEY ARE USING!! This came at the direction of another top Executive because he "heard" that it was easier to find these little creatures on a PRIV (Not sure where that one came from, and just to qualify that statement it is a RUMOR)

Advertisement for the PRIV just went right out the proverbial window.

So now we have to lock down our Wireless solution even further, running the risk and wrath of both Finance, Legal and the top floor type people..

The perpetual self licking Ice Cream Cone comes back to haunt us all...
    Haven't been on the infrastructure side for ages, actually.

I mean seriously it's one tweet from BlackBerry, that was first reported by news outlets with a picture of the Priv. I don't think it's a big deal whether they tweet or not.
    08-04-16 12:58 PM
    Haven't been on the infrastructure side for ages, actually.

I mean seriously it's one tweet from BlackBerry, that was first reported by news outlets with a picture of the Priv. I don't think it's a big deal whether they tweet or not.
    Agreed, there is just no pleasing everyone.. Just like someone saying to you that BB 10 failed, but not due to lack of Apps...

JOKING!!!
    08-04-16 01:00 PM
    08-04-16 01:02 PM
    So BlackBerry is top in security and finding Pok�mon go things...
    I like it.
    08-04-16 02:12 PM
    Nothing like a good ol' fashioned overreaction. What goes on during March Madness at your place?
    08-04-16 03:53 PM
    The man also lost 25 lbs that he otherwise wouldn't have. He looked obese and on the verge of diabetes probably but all of that is avoided thanks to Pok�mon Go and the Priv. I don't see anything wrong with BlackBerry tweeting this or articles written about this.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    08-04-16 06:53 PM
    It's a good Human Interest Piece to show the scope and range of the possible BlackBerry appeal. Especially after years of maligning the success of the previous BlackBerry10 OS platform because of what some say "it's lack of Social Networking capabilities and games."

Yet, I think it's a risky proposition using this success story "alone" to highlight the lead contribution of the Priv as a device, to the Blackberry legacy. But then again, the Priv was designed to showcase Android software capabilities. And right now, it seems to be less about the hardware (and the productivity feature of a single device) and more about the "software" to play games and share the experience, on other platforms .
    Because that's the Pokeman BlackBerry is really trying to capture.

A BlackBerry Fan
    08-05-16 07:22 AM
    Nothing like a good ol' fashioned overreaction. What goes on during March Madness at your place?
    Just because it's March Madness, or the World Series of Poker, does not mean Management has to allow X number of minutes or hours of surfing time to it's employees. It is a business, a business the needs to be productive. Not offering "free Wifi"

What if you owned the business (or had a Board of Directors to report to) and all of a sudden had a line item in your Account's Payable for Network Bandwidth costs to the tune of over $75,000, an increase of 100% over last month - how would that work out for ya?

To me, it is not overreaction, the Company owns the Bandwidth and has every right to monitor usage. Simple...
    08-05-16 07:56 AM
    I don't think anyone really cares about what device the person was using. But if it's free advertising for BB then why not. I don't think anyone is going to run out a buy a Priv because of this though.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    08-05-16 11:27 AM
    The man also lost 25 lbs that he otherwise wouldn't have. He looked obese and on the verge of diabetes probably but all of that is avoided thanks to Pok�mon Go and the Priv. I don't see anything wrong with BlackBerry tweeting this or articles written about this.

Posted via CB10
    As long as he does not turn out like Jared, the Subway Sandwich guy!
    08-06-16 12:00 AM
    Stop hating on pokemon go, you don't like it, that's cool.

But people have waited DECADES for something like this and it is MOST installed game in the world.

More than Facebook, more than whatsapp, more than those put together.

And it's not even out for the entire world yet.

Hate on it all you want, but it is a cultural behemoth that cannot be ignored, do so at your own peril.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    08-06-16 01:10 AM

Hate on it all you want, but it is a cultural behemoth that cannot be ignored, do so at your own peril.

I'm ignoring it and feel great!
    Smokeaire likes this.
    08-06-16 06:43 AM

Exactly. Never any winning

Personally, I think it's great, especially if you read DEEPER into the story.

1. The guy wasn't wasting his time, as he's a freelance photographer. Along his travels he discovered areas of the city he didn't know about and captured (pun-intended) great photos. He'll probably sell them for some good coin.

2. The guy lost 25 pounds from being so active, there are millions of fat-asses who should probably start playing this game.

3. Now he's gotten some fame, if he's smart he can use it to his advantage during his "5 minutes of fame", you never know.

Please need to stop being negative, jeez. I think people who are negative about are probably mad then can't catch a Pikachu.
    00stryder likes this.
    08-06-16 07:39 AM
    Exactly. Never any winning

Personally, I think it's great, especially if you read DEEPER into the story.

1. The guy wasn't wasting his time, as he's a freelance photographer. Along his travels he discovered areas of the city he didn't know about and captured (pun-intended) great photos. He'll probably sell them for some good coin.

2. The guy lost 25 pounds from being so active, there are millions of fat-asses who should probably start playing this game.

3. Now he's gotten some fame, if he's smart he can use it to his advantage during his "5 minutes of fame", you never know.

Please need to stop being negative, jeez. I think people who are negative about are probably mad then can't catch a Pikachu.
    My sentiments exactly. Why we care what other people do with their own time, I'll never truly understand.

And with regards to the OP, at least BlackBerry is finally capitalizing on a marketing opportunity. Geez, we're already in the gutter, no sense in being a crab in the bucket.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    08-06-16 09:51 AM
    I'm confused about something in this thread.. the bandwidth numbers.

I looked at the consumption the other week on my device, it was 75 megabytes for 3 days. So that means I consumed 25 megabytes a day for the amount of playing I did, a bit over an hour a day.

Loading crackberry.com with all the ads probably goes right to 100 megabytes in a single click so I think this corporate-level ranting about "people using the free wifi too much" is misdirection and incorrect. The correct recommendation is to have more meetings to talk about it and to use the white board in the room, please make sure the markers are not dry.

I doubt Pokemon is installed on corp devices, it is more likely that they hotspotted their corp device and it is actually their personal device that is using the wifi in which case, the data consumption is streaming music from radio stations and the like. My corp doesn't allow wifi certificates for BYOD devices, so you have to use your personal cellular plan anyway.

Someone did not actually measure the numbers, but instead stood up and was seen to be doing something. Bonuses all around.
    08-06-16 11:21 AM
    Yeah, if the complaint is too much data usage, then that's bull, surprisingly pokemon go doesn't use that much data.

But I suspect it's more about playing during work hours, and perhaps fears about data leaks on corporate devices. That's fair.

08-06-16 12:24 PM
    I'm guessing the bandwidth numbers were supposed to be extrapolated from hundreds or thousands of employees playing the game at the same time, though I agree that in actuality most researchers have found that Pok�mon GO has a very mild impact on Internet traffic, so I too question the amount.

But, what do I know, I'm not a CIO nor do in pretend to know how to monitor those details to begin with.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    08-06-16 12:27 PM
    Stop hating on pokemon go, you don't like it, that's cool.

But people have waited DECADES for something like this and it is MOST installed game in the world.

More than Facebook, more than whatsapp, more than those put together.

And it's not even out for the entire world yet.

I don't see anything perilous about thinking the sheep mentality that goes along with the people playing this idiotic game.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-06-16 12:39 PM
55 123