We've been speculating about the future of Blackberry Mobile the last few months, asking whether there will be a Key3 or any other BBmo phones and Blackberry collaborations.

One of the pieces of evidence has been the lack of stock around the world and in the EU Store in particular.

Well, I can only speculate on why, but right now, if you go to the EU web, you can find ALL the variants and in nearly all the keyboard variations. e.g. a red Key2 qwerty with EU and UK plugs at 699 GBP. or the flagship LE Atomic LE with a qwerty and EU plug.
    https://eustore.blackberrymobile.com/uk/handsets.html

The fact that the store has been replenished might mean that they are manufacturing again and have responded to criticism on here and Social Media?

There haven't been any Blackberry App updates for a few weeks, so check out the Playstore in the coming days…. Who knows, maybe there's an agreement and we're going to see Blackberry branded BBMo phones for the next couple of years after all….

Or is this just a red herring?

Let me know!!
    08-27-19 08:44 AM
    Walmart in the US now has KEY2 in some stores.... this seems "new".

But not sure I'd take it as an indication that PIE or a KEY3 will happen.
    08-27-19 09:02 AM
    Walmart in the US now has KEY2 in some stores.... this seems "new".

But not sure I'd take it as an indication that PIE or a KEY3 will happen.
    Walmart....LOL. Since when did they become an authorized reseller?
    08-27-19 09:36 AM
    Walmart....LOL. Since when did they become an authorized reseller?
    I never said authorized....

For all we know they are packaged as part of a prepaid service... who is GoTalk they were an authorized reseller, maybe they worked out a deal with Walmart to offer their phones and services in some markets?
    08-27-19 10:12 AM
    I never said authorized....

For all we know they are packaged as part of a prepaid service... who is GoTalk they were an authorized reseller, maybe they worked out a deal with Walmart to offer their phones and services in some markets?
    Sorry brother berry, it was my jaded morning BlackBerry tude'...

I guess I meant to say it's ironic that an unauthorized reseller have inventory while the authorized ones do not....
    08-27-19 10:15 AM
    Are you interested from the point of view as users? You may not do it! The one and only religion here is the religion of economics. Only what is good for the fast profit is good. Don't think about secure smartphones, privacy and innovative BlackBerry technologies. I am waiting for the statements that the market (a famous prophet) has voted against any BlackBerry mobiles in the future. Shareholders want to sell their shares. And if you don't believe in this religion: believe in the masses! What they want is good, because it is good for the profit.
    RWIndiana likes this.
    08-27-19 10:19 AM
    Are you interested from the point of view as users? You may not do it! The one and only religion here is the religion of economics. Only what is good for the fast profit is good. Don't think about secure smartphones, privacy and innovative BlackBerry technologies. I am waiting for the statements that the market (a famous prophet) has voted against any BlackBerry mobiles in the future. Shareholders want to sell their shares. And if you don't believe in this religion: believe in the masses! What they want is good, because it is good for the profit.
    Ok... who broke out the fermented BlackBerry juice. I taught we agreed to save that?
    Mecca EL and pdr733 like this.
    08-27-19 10:27 AM
    Sorry brother berry, it was my jaded morning BlackBerry tude'...

I guess I meant to say it's ironic that an unauthorized reseller have inventory while the authorized ones do not....
    Gift Horse.....
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-27-19 10:28 AM
    I sense BIG Irony in your post )))
    08-27-19 11:13 AM
    So, you want the state (or some star chamber) to decide winners and losers instead?

I prefer to let the market decide.

Security concerns from the market have actually DRIVEN advances in AI solutions, EMM solutions, and super-secure IM apps like Wire, Wikr, Threema, Signal, etc.
    Last edited by conite; 08-27-19 at 12:30 PM.
    Mecca EL, TgeekB and pdr733 like this.
    08-27-19 11:21 AM
    So, you want the state (or some star chamber) to decide winners and losers instead?
    Leninism - "provide the working class with the political consciousness (education and organisation) and revolutionary leadership necessary to depose capitalism"

For their own good, people should be forced to accept what BlackBerry offers them!
    08-27-19 11:27 AM
    Leninism on CrackBerry? Is it allowed?
    08-27-19 12:25 PM
    It's great that there is a source for folks who are looking for a K2/LE, but it obviously isn't new production - rather, it's clearance. BBMo is trying to get all of its remaining inventory sold through so that retailers won't be affected by future announcements - which is likely to be that no new phones will be forthcoming. They don't want to deal with retailers who are upset that they have to discount phones to move them, nor do they want price gouging from retail partners. Clearing them all out at normal price is best for everyone involved.
    08-27-19 12:40 PM
    Without the ability to earn profits, nothing else happens. Capitalism gives and takes away. You're right about the probable end of BlackBerry Mobile hardware unfortunately due to lack of profits...
    08-27-19 01:49 PM
    If anybody could buy a device from this new batch and check the build date.
    Jake2826 and the_boon like this.
    08-27-19 01:52 PM

Security concerns from the market have actually DRIVEN advances in AI solutions, EMM solutions, and super-secure IM apps like Wire, Wikr, Threema, Signal, etc.
    Generally when the markets are functioning within the bounds of fair trade (don't ask me to exactly define that) then governments leave the markets alone.

However the state picks winnners and losers all the time. Sometimes for good, sometimes for bad, and sometimes very bad. It depends on their agenda, political philosophies, and sometimes political sponsors, if not really duly elected by a popularity of their intentions (slogans over details).

Class actions, patent disputes, regulations, policy, corporate lobbying, trade deals, tariffs, global/wall street etc financing, stock "sentiment", internal corporate shenanigans and monopolistic or duopolistic practices and media influence all have an effect on who gets to be the so-called natural market winner and loser presumably based on product quality that consumers want (lol). Why do you think google, facebook apple etc) have alledgedly tons of lobbiests knocking at various government doors? Some lobbyists can even disguise themselves as advocacy organizations at arms length from their funders (think George Soros etc...). The devil is in those details. That's a 30,000 foot view of things.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    08-27-19 02:42 PM
    Generally when the markets are functioning within the bounds of fair trade (don't ask me to exactly define that) then governments leave the markets alone.

However the state picks winnners and losers all the time. Sometimes for good, sometimes for bad, and sometimes very bad. It depends on their agenda, political philosophies, and sometimes political sponsors, if not really duly elected by a popularity of their intentions (slogans over details).

Class actions, patent disputes, regulations, policy, corporate lobbying, trade deals, tariffs, global/wall street etc financing, stock "sentiment", internal corporate shenanigans and monopolistic or duopolistic practices and media influence all have an effect on who gets to be the so-called natural market winner and loser presumably based on product quality that consumers want (lol). Why do you think google, facebook apple etc) have alledgedly tons of lobbiests knocking at various government doors? Some lobbyists can even disguise themselves as advocacy organizations at arms length from their funders (think George Soros etc...). The devil is in those details. That's a 30,000 foot view of things.
    Sure, but there are dozens of competing secure IM apps, and iOS and Android keep pushing each other towards more secure solutions. I'm comfortable with the current situation in the mobile space.
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-27-19 02:47 PM
    So I'm guessing in N/A July August....slow season for phones, good time for a breather in terms of supplies....however it is now back to school season and do you know what that means? (It's the most wonderful time of the year...okay only kidding)...its back to work as well. That usually bumps up interest. No doubt why Walmart is carrying some and maybe the EU store as well.
    08-27-19 02:57 PM
    Without the ability to earn profits, nothing else happens. Capitalism gives and takes away. You're right about the probable end of BlackBerry Mobile hardware unfortunately due to lack of profits...
    When the last tree has been cut down, the last fish caught, the last river poisoned, only then will we realize that one cannot eat money. -So much to your believe in capitalism . (Why did I know your answer?)
    08-27-19 03:00 PM
    When the last tree has been cut down, the last fish caught, the last river poisoned, only then will we realize that one cannot eat money. -So much to your believe in capitalism . (Why did I know your answer?)
    There's a big difference between regulations imposed by an elected government, and complete central control of the economy.
    phuoc likes this.
    08-27-19 03:09 PM

You don't understand the whole thing: When the last tree has been cut down, the last fish caught, the last river poisoned, only then will we realize that one cannot eat money.
    There is a world behind economics.
    08-27-19 03:11 PM
    There's a big difference between regulations imposed by an elected government, and complete central control of the economy.
    08-27-19 03:16 PM
    Well one might argue that's why God gave man an intellect, to creatively solve problems in time. And God wants man to serve Him and one another, to do Good. Man cannot ultimately utterly destroy what God doesn't want him to. On the other hand there is always the Flood. So there's always Hope (either way).

Capitalism and money are just a means of exchanging service, presumably not so centrally controlled (Not always nice or just mind you ...but like that saying for Democracy......It is the worst, terrible, utterly unfair form of Government, except for all the other forms of government.)
    RWIndiana likes this.
    08-27-19 03:23 PM
    Behind as is a shadow world controlling all we buy and do? The Illuminati or SPECTER?

Or a world beyond economic where we are all working for the good of our fellow man. Kinda like the United Federation Planets in Star Trek.

I get that mankind is in trouble.... just don't see how saving BlackBerry or BBMo would help.
    ppeters914 and phuoc like this.
    08-27-19 03:26 PM
    So do you want to poll the entire world and ask them what they want on their next smartphone (or messaging app) and then decide how to reconcile all of that, or do you just want to go ahead and decide for everyone right now?

We are very fortunate to have folks like you who know better than the rest of us on all of these matters. I can now better focus on the menial life-long task I've been assigned by the central bureau.
    08-27-19 03:48 PM
48 12