Sometimes my emails go to blackberry, sometimes they go to my computer. I need them at both places. Please advise.
    07-04-10 07:46 AM
    Emails sent to your BlackBerry email address will only appear on your BlackBerry. There's no way to view them on a PC. Emails sent to any other email account will appear on both the BlackBerry and the PC after you create a BIS inbox for the account on your BlackBerry. Go to the email setup wizard on your BlackBerry to set up the account.

How many email accounts do you have. Which ones have the problem?
    barrtrack2 likes this.
    07-04-10 07:50 AM
    On my 8330 there is the option to delete message on, handheld or both handheld and mailbox. With the message window open select, Menu/Options/Email Reconciliation and make your choices for each email account using the drop down box. Select each one and edit your preferences and save. Hope this was some help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 07-04-10 at 10:36 AM.
    barrtrack2 likes this.
    07-04-10 10:32 AM
    If your e-mail account is a POP account, go to the account settings and set to "Leave Messages On Server". Otherwise, when you view the message - say on your device, it's removed from the server and therefore unavailable to be viewed on the PC; and vice versa.
    barrtrack2 likes this.
    07-05-10 12:13 AM
    If your e-mail account is a POP account, go to the account settings and set to "Leave Messages On Server". Otherwise, when you view the message - say on your device, it's removed from the server and therefore unavailable to be viewed on the PC; and vice versa.
    Yes this is exactly right. You will probably have the option to set how long messages will be kept on the server. Switch to a week or a month and you should get everything on both.

barrtrack2 likes this.
    07-05-10 10:48 AM
    Emails sent to your BlackBerry email address will only appear on your BlackBerry. There's no way to view them on a PC. Emails sent to any other email account will appear on both the BlackBerry and the PC after you create a BIS inbox for the account on your BlackBerry. Go to the email setup wizard on your BlackBerry to set up the account.

How many email accounts do you have. Which ones have the problem?
    When I go to account settings, I do not find anywhere to create BIS acct, or to tell it to leave messages on server..., Help please.
    barrtrack2 likes this.
    07-20-10 11:31 AM
    Yes this is exactly right. You will probably have the option to set how long messages will be kept on the server. Switch to a week or a month and you should get everything on both.

Me again,
    I do have a pop 3 acct. but have searched and searched for a spot to tell it to leave messages on server, but I can't find it anywhere, Help, please.
    07-20-10 11:34 AM
    It would be in your email settings through the email program you are using on your PC. You can't access that kind of setting through the BIS.

Depending on which client you use - Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, or whatever - its buried in one of the settings dialog boxes somewhere.

07-20-10 01:45 PM
    In Windows Live Mail (Outlook Express), go to Tools>Accounts>Properties>Advanced tab>check "Leave a copy of messages on the server"

It's buried even deeper in Outlook, but keep looking, and you'll find it.
    07-20-10 02:41 PM
    Okay here's how to set the leave messages on server delay with Outlook:
    1. From Tools in top bar, select Options.
    2. In Options window, select 2nd tab at top for Mail Setup.
    3. Click Email Accounts... to open Account Settings window.
    4. In the 1st tab for E-mail, double-click on your account's name.
    5. In Change E-mail Account window, click button in bottom right corner for More Settings...
    6. In Internet E-mail Settings window, select last tab at top for Advanced.
    7. In the bottom section for Delivery, check Leave a copy of messages on the server.
    8. Under that, check Remove from server after ___ days, and select how many days. I have it at 3 days, which is more than sufficient.
    9. Click OK and then close the other windows.

Just so everyone understands what that "3 days" is counting, it will keep messages on your server for 3 days after first accessed by Outlook. So if you don't your PC on for 2 weeks, they'll all still be there waiting on the server, even if you've received them on your BB.
    07-20-10 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD