Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 09:22 PM
    Like here we can't access to BlackBerry beta zone, music n movies on BlackBerry World.....

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 09:24 PM
    What country are u talking about?
    01-05-14 11:27 PM
    Source(s) please?
    01-05-14 11:41 PM
    Lebanon, no maps, music, or video

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 11:42 PM
    Hehe, in Russia, you can not buy BlackBerry z10. Old models only. And not officially :-))

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 01:37 PM
    What country are u talking about?
    Cambodia

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:50 PM
    Lebanon, no maps, music, or video

Posted via CB10
    Here the sam in Lebanon

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:52 PM
    There are some countries where BlackBerry has limited availability or service. For example, here is a list of which countries are supported in the BlackBerry Maps app:

BlackBerry Maps Availability - Canada

Bear in mind that when it comes to maps, there are a variety of 3rd-party map apps available that often have coverage in places that BlackBerry maps does not.

Cambodia and Lebanon appear to be officially supported countries (see links below), but the usual reason for various forms of media like movies and music not being available is because of national restrictions or no agreements with the local authorities for revenue collection etc.

BlackBerry - Global Homepage - Cambodia
    BlackBerry - Homepage - Lebanon
    01-07-14 12:34 AM
    No music and video in Nigeria

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-07-14 12:48 AM
    No music and no movies in Australia.

I was told that there is no plans on expanding these services outside of the UK, Canada and USA.

Why not Australia? We are as technologically advanced as the others.

Posted via my Z30.
    01-07-14 02:20 AM
    No music and no movies in Australia.

I was told that there is no plans on expanding these services outside of the UK, Canada and USA.

Why not Australia? We are as technologically advanced as the others.

My guess is that it has more to do with royalties and licensing issues than technology.
    rthonpm likes this.
    01-07-14 02:34 AM
    Here's some previous discussions about media licensing distribution etc.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-world-879702/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-world-883186/
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-07-14 02:44 AM
    Broadband speed, and pricing still abysmal. At least here in Cairns / Tropical North Queensland.

At least Telstra stores, JB HiFi and Harvey Norman stock BBRY. Z10, Q10 and Z30 only a short drive away to the next shopping mall.

Amaysim has got the Q5 online, for only $309. White and red cost more.

Most Yanks would be in Berry Heaven here, given lack of carrier support over there. We got our 10.2 in a timely fashion.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    01-07-14 03:50 AM
    Broadband speed, and pricing still abysmal. At least here in Cairns / Tropical North Queensland.

At least Telstra stores, JB HiFi and Harvey Norman stock BBRY. Z10, Q10 and Z30 only a short drive away to the next shopping mall.

Amaysim has got the Q5 online, for only $309. White and red cost more.

Most Yanks would be in Berry Heaven here, given lack of carrier support over there. We got our 10.2 in a timely fashion.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    The Telcos only find Capital cities a priority, unfortunately.

When I visited Cairns, you didn't have to go far from the CBD (if you can call it that, in Cairns) and there would be no signal. Hope that's changed since I was there last.

Posted via my Z30.
    01-07-14 04:08 AM
    My guess is that it has more to do with royalties and licensing issues than technology.
    And also likely laws regarding the distribution of content vary from region to region. Apple themselves took a long time to roll out their services, including iTunes. For example, you still can't get iTunes radio in Canada.
    01-07-14 10:17 AM
    There are some countries where BlackBerry has limited availability or service. For example, here is a list of which countries are supported in the BlackBerry Maps app:

BlackBerry Maps Availability - Canada

Bear in mind that when it comes to maps, there are a variety of 3rd-party map apps available that often have coverage in places that BlackBerry maps does not.

Cambodia and Lebanon appear to be officially supported countries (see links below), but the usual reason for various forms of media like movies and music not being available is because of national restrictions or no agreements with the local authorities for revenue collection etc.

BlackBerry - Global Homepage - Cambodia
    BlackBerry - Homepage - Lebanon
    Hey omnitech it is supported in the sence where it runs but I get a large blob with one highway and a river! They don't have maps of lebanon!
    Some countries still not get full service from BlackBerry that's why BlackBerry can't compete with A-img_00000190.png
    This is beirut downtown on BlackBerry maps! It simply ain't supported

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 11:45 PM
    And also likely laws regarding the distribution of content vary from region to region. Apple themselves took a long time to roll out their services, including iTunes. For example, you still can't get iTunes radio in Canada.
    Siri doesn't work in Australia.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    01-08-14 09:35 PM
    No movies and songs here in Curacao from BlackBerry World

Atleast we can get more from Boston World, than we can from the Play Store here. Simple apps like Facebook and WhatsApp are not available for this country from the Play Store and it's practically useless here.
    Google Maps works excellent compared to BlackBerry Maps tho, BBMaps shows nothing (although it used to work on Legacy OS).

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 10:28 PM