Hi all,

I've been a BlackBerry user for both personal and work reasons for the last three years, I have flirted with other OS's and devices but for some reason I always end up coming back despite all the slaps in the face RIM have given me.

Firstly the Playbook, BEST TABLET ON THE MARKET and I am saying this despite the fact it overheats, crashes, can be slow at times and the GPS has never worked.

Secondly, I am looking for a new handset and the 9900 is sexy as but RIM have once again shot themselves in the foot by all but abandoning OS6 devices such as the 9780 and their admission that BB10 won't be coming down the line doesn't give me much hope for the future.

I know you are all an honest bunch so my questions are.... What is the best way to get my PlayBook looked at as I'm sure I have a defective unit (I'm in the UK) and is it worth buying a 9900 with their recent track record in supporting old hardware? Windows Phone is really turning my head.

I know this has probably been asked loads of times so apologies and thanks in advance

Sent from my Playbook
    03-21-12 02:44 PM
    I know this has probably been asked loads of times so apologies and thanks in advance

Yes, it has been. On the other threads someone has to state that they can't speak for what is best for you and so can only offer their opinions.

Also, there should be the question, "what do you want to be able to do with your phone and which of these is highest priority?"

So I am going to fill in the opinion part:

My 9900 is fantastic. It does very well with media IMO but obviously lacks some screen real estate. All my gaming/media wants are easily fulfilled by the PB and so I have nothing wanting.

I recommend you get the 9900 and await the rollout of BB10, while enjoying your beautiful communications/productivity combo.
    03-21-12 02:56 PM
    I was in love with my Curve 8900 despite its numerous shortcomings but nothing could prepare me for the quantum leap to a Bold 9900.
    Get the 9900 and enjoy while RIM toils away on the BB10. You WILL be satisfied
    03-21-12 04:34 PM
    Looks like its simple here, get the 9900. Remember, there will some major pros and cons with any phone ugh get, you need one that suits you. It will be easier for you to trade and switch coming from a 9900 value-wise
    03-22-12 09:24 AM
    Love my 9900, and still using an 8520.

BB10 will not even be coming to OS 7.x.x.xxx devices, so I am not sure what you mean by shooting themselves in the foot. RIM has always supported older legacy devices, and I don't see them suddenly dropping support for every other model when BB10 hits.

Get what makes you happy, stop worrying about an OS or device that isn't out yet. Now who is shooting themselves in the foot? hmmmm?
    03-22-12 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD