I have brought bb tour-9630 model through online purchase, which is having a software version 5.0.0975, i want to update software, but it is not accepting. can anyone help me in this regard..
    11-08-11 02:14 AM
    If you want to update your device's OS then connect your Blackberry to a computer that has Desktop Manager installed. Open DM and check for updates. Or you can install the latest OS from the Crackberry website, click on Devices and Latest OS, find your device model and install and run the OS on your computer. After that you'll have to DELETE a vendor.xml file found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (on 64Bit) OR C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (on 32Bit).

If DM still doesn't recognize the OS installed on your computer, that means there's another Vendor.xml file. Unhide the files and you'll find the second one in C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\LoaderXML.

Note: Only delete vendor.xml if the carrier you downloaded the OS from is not your carrier. For ex. if your carrier is AT&T and you download the OS from AT&T, keep the vendor.xml files.
    11-08-11 04:29 AM
    Also to add on to ammunets beautiful answer....

Remember to update via DM you will need a Blackberry data plan

ALSO:
    If its the 9630 then I think its issued from Verizon only. I may be wrong. Whatever the carrier OS you have should be updated also by that same carrier's latest OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ammunet91 likes this.
    11-08-11 04:31 AM
    I was on Alltel when I got my 9630, until AT&T bought them out in my area. I think Alltel was the last of the larger CDMA carriers, besides of course VZW. The latest update I loaded was .1078.

Follow Ammunet91"s instructions, they're spot on.
    Ammunet91 likes this.
    11-08-11 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD