So here's my idea for blackberry software, or even a webpage.

Something to measure how fast your typing, that way you can brag to everyone how quick your thumbs are (:

Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 03:21 AM
    I would be curious to see that.
    10-24-08 05:54 AM
    I know they have texting world championships, so they must have some way of measuring this objectively!
    10-24-08 05:57 AM
    Another thing that should've been included in the OS.

They should make a BB that's user based, like the users drop a comment in a suggestion box for features such as a WPM count.

Instead of all these little apps and utilities, wouldn't it make more sense to just implement these features into the OS??

10-24-08 08:44 AM
    ...Instead of all these little apps and utilities, wouldn't it make more sense to just implement these features into the OS??

I would say no, for two reasons. One, those little apps make the OS occupy more memory, whether the user has any need for the feature or not. Leaving it as a stand-alone app lets the user decide if the capability is worth the memory cost. Two, it takes long enough to release an OS as it is. Adding more features would just make it take that much longer.
    10-24-08 08:52 AM
    I agree with Jeff, an external vendor would be fine. I like my os clean and small.

So jeff, got any programming mates that can develop this? (:

10-24-08 05:20 PM
    I know they have texting world championships, so they must have some way of measuring this objectively!
    That' may just be how many texts you can send in a given time limit. Like you have 10 minutes, texts must be a minimum of 5 words, have an X number of characters and not be in IM language.
    10-24-08 05:31 PM
    I agree with Jeff, an external vendor would be fine. I like my os clean and small.

So jeff, got any programming mates that can develop this? (:

I'm not affiliated with any developers, and if I was it wouldn't be appropriate for me to be trolling for business, but there are a few active in the forums. Maybe one of them will see this thread.
    10-24-08 06:19 PM
    fair enough, should i repost this in the software forums?
    10-24-08 09:06 PM
    Give people a day or two to notice it here. If you don't get any interest, then you can ask your question in the developer's forum. That way it won't look like you're just double-posting, which you shouldn't do. Somebody may see it over the weekend.

EDIT: you should also search the forums for the word developer. You can PM the people you find and ask your question that way.
    Last edited by JeffH; 10-24-08 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added comment re searching for developers
    10-24-08 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD