People use these terms. I have spent a week trying to find the difference. Can some one please explain the differences and how to do them.

BTW I have a Pearl 8130

~ vndlewis

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 12:59 PM
    09-20-08 01:01 PM
    soft reset is a keypad combo or app that resets the phone, and a hard reset is a battery pull
    09-20-08 01:01 PM
    The hard reset(battery pull) works the best for me...
    09-20-08 01:06 PM
    oddly enough, the soft reset app works best for me

geek and proud - BlackBerry Software
    09-20-08 01:07 PM
    oddly enough, the soft reset app works best for me

geek and proud - BlackBerry Software
    Exactly, it is whatever you feel comfortable doing as well. Some people do not like removing the battery. My buddy BMC937, swears by the double soft reset.
    09-20-08 01:13 PM
    Exactly, it is whatever you feel comfortable doing as well. Some people do not like removing the battery. My buddy BMC937, swears by the double soft reset.

I have actually become far less obsessive about resets and memory optimization. I was on a binge for a while about Memory Optimization and Resets, but now I am much more lax.

I usually stick with a soft reset if something acts up.... but I have not done any sort of reset for a good amount of time now. And I always prefer the Double Soft Reset over a Battery Pull.

Some of the links that were posted above are great resources and threads about this "Soft/Hard Reset" debate
    09-20-08 01:16 PM
    lol

exactly! find what works for you the best
    09-20-08 01:17 PM
    Thank ya'll for the fast responses. Since I have a Pearl 8130. I had to download the app.

~ vndlewis

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD