With individual panels for RSS, Social, and Podcasts. And so customizable.
    It's my one place for all my news/social/media streams. Love it. Just sayin.

Happy Friday!
    08-19-11 10:32 AM
    im still not a fan of it, i try and i try... but I cant learn to love it.
    08-19-11 10:38 AM
    With individual panels for RSS, Social, and Podcasts. And so customizable.
    It's my one place for all my news/social/media streams. Love it. Just sayin.

Happy Friday!
    + 1.

It's much superior to the version on my Torch with OS 6.
    08-19-11 11:30 PM
    I liked it. Thought it was pretty cool. It's one of the features I am looking forward to when AT&T releases the 9900.
    08-19-11 11:44 PM
    On the social tab, everything seems to be clogged up and not space out (each post) so I just use it for rss feeds now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 03:47 AM
    I really like it as well.
    08-20-11 07:15 AM
    im still not a fan of it, i try and i try... but I cant learn to love it.
    Couldn't agree more with you
    08-20-11 08:41 AM
    Hmm I like the addition of PodCasts, but its not tied to BB PodCasts, same thing goes for RSS News and BB News Reader.

Does the PodCasts work the same way as BB PodCasts (can setup only to DL PodCasts when WiFi is available).
    08-22-11 11:46 AM
    @D.Vader:

Yes, the podcasts part of Social Feeds is the same as the BB Podcasts app. There is an option to download only on WiFi or to use up wireless data for it.
    08-22-11 12:51 PM
    When I found BB News for RSS, I dumped Social Feeds altogether! Only reason I keep it is because it contains Bit.ly URL shortening utility (if you have a bit.ly account), so it helps when sending long links in an e-mail or tweet.

Otherwise I just use Blackberry News to access my news feeds. More customizable and seems to draw less power.
    i really like the idea behind social feeds, never tried it out, cant wait for my 9900 to finally use it
    even tho i've seen many posts of people saying that they dont really like it..

BB Neews is only available in the US and Canada tho, so i need something else, hopefully i'll like SocialFeeds
    08-22-11 01:01 PM
    A considerable improvement to the social feeds on Blackberry 6. And although it may not be a big deal I really like the new icon .

@Seijuro I need the same thing as I had my torch stolen so need an equivalent to social feeds but Blackberry news is not available in the Uk

08-22-11 01:38 PM
    A considerable improvement to the social feeds on Blackberry 6. And although it may not be a big deal I really like the new icon .

@Seijuro I need the same thing as I had my torch stolen so need an equivalent to social feeds but Blackberry news is not available in the Uk

Just use twitter, best news feeds app ever.

08-22-11 03:23 PM
    On twitter too many of the news articles repeat !

08-22-11 03:26 PM
    On twitter too many of the news articles repeat !

True.

08-22-11 03:36 PM
    And they don't give enough detail either !

08-22-11 03:41 PM
    At the moment I have all the things I am interested in on my blackberry browser bookmarks

08-22-11 04:04 PM
    At the moment I have all the things I am interested in on my blackberry browser bookmarks

I like how with Social Feeds it downloads all the new entries automatically.

08-22-11 09:11 PM
    Still no google reader sync. That's my only complaint. That said the OS7 version is a marked improvement.
    08-22-11 09:32 PM
    Thanks goodness it's still there. With the lukewarm receptions Social Feeds received on OS 6, I was afraid it'd be missing. now if they can just get a Social feeds app that bridges or syncs with my PB...
    08-26-11 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD