I am with Virgin(Bell) and have the Blackberry Social Bundle. I have called customer support and futureshop (where I purchased my bb) asking this one question receiving many different answers. Hopefully someone on these forums can solve my problem once and for all. With the Blackberry Social bundle (which includes Facebook BBM MSN etc) sending bbm messages is included free. Would sending pictures, files, etc through bbm be included in this plan, or be considered data?

thanks for your time, I will clarify anything if need be.

**(reposting here due to inactivity on sub-forum)
    08-08-10 08:53 PM
    I'm a little confused... sending BBM's uses data. So I'd assume that if you can do that... sending pictures through there would be no different.
    I also wouldn't call the guys at futureshop, they don't know the plans as well as they should. Call your service provider customer service, they will know best.
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 08-08-10 at 08:58 PM. Reason: added
    08-08-10 08:54 PM
    yes thats what common sense says, yet I have had 2/5 customer service reps tell me it is charged as data & not included as unlimited BBM =(
    08-08-10 08:56 PM
    I had that on Telus and it was included.
    I don't see how they could, because BBM is part of the bundle. If that wasn't, they could easily block it. Just like how they don't let mms/non-picture attachments with Telus BlackBerry plans. (on their cdma network.. I don't know about their GSM network)
    BBM data is shown as generic data, there's no way to differentiate the type of BIS data.. I think.
    08-08-10 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD