I'm so just kidding - or am I? Lol. As some probably can tell due to my prompt feedback, I have taken a few days off of work, and have been browsing the forums on and off. A lot more than usual (it's usually reserved for the 1st day of the week on my down times).
    Seriously, though, it's like no one uses the internet in this new town that I've moved to. I've been wanting to trade my Skyrocket with someone and it's just not working out. I mean I get that it's a small town, and all but come on (seriously it's hard to pick up business via internet here as well).
    So, yeah, I'm just posting more or less out of minor frustration. However, I should warn you, I will not turn you down if you took the thread title seriously.
    Last edited by St.Deborah; 09-25-12 at 10:46 AM.
    09-25-12 10:44 AM
    You may get a better response if you were willing to Trade, or post in the Pay it Forward thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/marketp...thread-347581/
    09-25-12 10:47 AM
    You may get a better response if you were willing to Trade, or post in the Pay it Forward thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/marketp...thread-347581/
    Oh, I was actually just posting being silly and to vent. I had no idea they had a thread for trading on CB, though. I've never quite searched on that because I could never understand how trading a device with someone who lived in a different state may work. I usually only do that locally, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to look into it.
    Last edited by St.Deborah; 09-25-12 at 10:55 AM.
    09-25-12 10:53 AM
    Oh, I was actually just posting being silly and to vent. I had no idea they had a thread for trading, though. I've never quite searched on that because I could never understand how trading a device with someone who lived in a different state may work. I usually only do that locally, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to look into it.
    As long as you pay attention to the feedback (if the trader/seller has done any business on the forums before) Can save you a lot of time.

I guess if you only have the one device it could be problematic to make the trade in real time, but traditionally distance doesn't matter much. Courier services ship all over the World.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-25-12 10:55 AM
    As long as you pay attention to the feedback (if the trader/seller has done any business on the forums before) Can save you a lot of time.

I guess if you only have the one device it could be problematic to make the trade in real time, but traditionally distance doesn't matter much. Courier services ship all over the World.
    What do people do; try to make sure that they both ship at the same exact time? My only concerned was being shorted. It's not like meeting someone you know or over the air where you get to check out the device yourself and make sure all is functioning well, and the trade isn't an easy in-person swap. There are a lot scammers out there. I'll look into it. I would give ebay a try, but I've had a few issues with them in the past. Anything to avoid opening up another LOS or upgrading with AT&T. But, I will research my options. Thanks for the heads up.
    09-25-12 11:05 AM
    What do people do; try to make sure that they both ship at the same exact time? My only concerned was being shorted. It's not like meeting someone you know or over the air where you get to check out the device yourself and make sure all is functioning well, and the trade isn't an easy in-person swap. There are a lot scammers out there. I'll look into it. I would give ebay a try, but I've had a few issues with them in the past. Anything to avoid opening up another LOS or upgrading with AT&T. But, I will research my options. Thanks for the heads up.
    That is why community feedback is so important. I personally stay away from sites like ebay, kijiji, and craigslist. The reason is because there are far too many scams going on these days. The Buy,Sell, Trade subforum has some excellent people in it, and if you aren't 100% positive (don't do it) It's your hard earned money after all.

Some who have an older device to sell/trade will already be using their new device and may be able to accept delivery of a trade after you have received yours. Something to discuss when choosing to buy used (sight unseen). Most will provide tracking numbers and will communicate with you during the entire process.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 09-25-12 at 11:17 AM.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-25-12 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD