I just got everything set up today, and so far I think that it's slicker than owl sh*t.

I agree with the other posters on some tweaking from Google's end, and the addition of a few extra features would be great.

The price is right and it definitely makes my life easier.
    12-19-07 05:27 PM
    I am on an ATT 8300 with OS v4.2.2.89

I downloaded Google Calendar Sync and when I try to sync the app tells me I need to install the BB calander patch. When I go to the BB website it tells me there IS NO PATCH Available for my OS. Does anyone know of a work around, or am I out of luck?

I tried a battery pull, and reinstalling Google sync and still have the same issue. Anybosdy have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    12-22-07 02:18 PM
    Do I have to be online on my phone to synch with my pc? I have the data cord and desktop manager is connected, but when I try to synch it gives me "Internal Error: See logs" from Intellisync. Anyone seen this before? I really want to get it synched up with Google calendar. Thanks!!
    12-23-07 02:08 PM
    Do I have to be online on my phone to synch with my pc? I have the data cord and desktop manager is connected, but when I try to synch it gives me "Internal Error: See logs" from Intellisync. Anyone seen this before? I really want to get it synched up with Google calendar. Thanks!!
    Google sync is an over the air, always on sync setup. It syncs every 2 hours.

I'm guessing that you don't have a data plan on your phone?
    12-23-07 03:26 PM
    I'll be honest . I just use it because it's available - Another cool thing I can play with as a confessed Crackberry addict.
    12-23-07 03:41 PM
    I'm new to Blackberry, coming from a Palm hand held and a Motorola 815. Now I have one device!! The Pearl! I now know I should have switched long ago (hind sight is always 20/20)!

I searched for an answer to my question but found none. I moved my calendar from Palm desktop to my Pearl. No Problem. I signed up for Google calender and tried to sync and received a Google "oops" message. Don't think it's the issue though.

When I open the Pearl's calender and go to options I see my vzw.blackberry calender. I click on it to get to the options and under wireless sync it says "no". When I click the "no" to change it to "yes" there is no "yes" only "save, close or full menu".

How do I change the wireless sync from "no" to "yes"?? I have BIS not BES.
    12-26-07 02:48 PM
    The problem I'm having is when I sync Google calendar it takes all the appointments I already have and adds them all again at a different time! I'm sure it's a time setting somewhere I just can't find it.
    12-28-07 12:03 PM
    I LIVE by it! I work for a school and we have about 8 Google calendars we're running and they are ALL syncing to my Pearl! I'm LOVING THIS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Admorris likes this.
    12-29-07 01:57 PM
    I downloaded the app, but when I went to sync, I got an error message that said "Your version of the Blackberry OS requires a small patch to be applied before Google Sync can work correctly. You can download the patch from the Blackberry website at http://www.blackberry.com/calendarpatch2007/"

So I went to download the patch and got the following notice:

"2007 Calendar Patch currently not available for your device software version. Please try back later."

So, while it sounds like a great party, I'm not celebrating. Any suggestions?
    01-19-08 08:28 AM
    I've got the same model and software version and got the same message. Sorry, no answers yet.
    01-19-08 08:35 AM
    Maybe you need the latest OS for you Curve.
    01-19-08 08:39 AM
    I've tried to use it and it says it syncs but nothing gets added to google cal or the blackberry cal.
    01-19-08 10:41 AM
    Maybe you need the latest OS for you Curve.
    I downloaded 4.2.2.301, rebooted the blackberry and then was able to resynch. Thanks for the advise.
    01-19-08 11:51 AM
    I just got the Google Calendar and so far I think it's pretty great.

You can import your current Outlook calendar and then all of your appointment already on your BB will be on the Google calendar.

I've been adding and deleting test entries all weekend and it's working just fine.

It takes 2 hours for an appointment added on Google to show up on my BB, but if I add/edit info on my BB it shows up on my Google calendar within a few minutes.

It is still in beta, so I'm sure it will be refined.
    01-21-08 07:06 AM
    I'm having a problem that I can't seem to put my finger on. When I sync Google cal with my BB it adds appointments that I already have to a different time. Example, Feb 14 Valentines Day. When I enter it as an ALL day event it syncs for Feb 13 at 22:00?!? Then it shows up on both days. On others it will take say a 14:00 appointment and add it again at 06:00. I have searched high and low for a time option that I could be missing with no luck. All the time options I find are set correctly. Anyone have any ideas at all??
    01-21-08 11:31 AM
    Macnkat:
    There is another timezone setting deeper in gcal than the one it shows in the settings screen

soon after I set this up I went on a trip, changed timezones on my BB, and all my calendar entries ended up in a mess similar to what you are describing.
    try going in google calendar to settings,
    then at the top where it says "General Calendars Mobile Setup" click Calendars,
    Then click the name of the calendar
    Make sure that the timezone is the same as the one on your blackberry.
    there are a couple other places gcal does timezones, I'm not sure why. make sure to save.

As a sidenote, I use this along with Jott. Jott is currently free, and you can set it up so you call in, say "calendar", say "tuesday 12:30 lunch with steve at the steakhouse" and it sends to gcal, which then syncs to the BB. brilliant!
    Last edited by asaylor; 01-21-08 at 11:59 AM.
    01-21-08 11:57 AM
    I have the java me app that syncs my google calendar with my phone calendar and it works great so far!
    01-22-08 12:17 PM
    Anyone out there from Canada who is able to use the google calendar sync? I tried plugging in my mobile phone number, and it comes up invalid number. I don't have a data plan as it is too expensive and I don't surf from my phone. Could this be a problem? I am connected by USB and I thought I could download the app that way. Am I mistaken?
    01-27-08 07:19 PM
    You need a data plan for Google sync, it's OTA.
    01-27-08 08:04 PM
    I did the setup and the sync and it only will send appointments that are put on the Gcal, nothing new that I put on the BB.

I have not had time to uninstall and try playing with it.

Anyone else having this?

Thanks in advance
    01-27-08 08:10 PM
    I did the setup and the sync and it only will send appointments that are put on the Gcal, nothing new that I put on the BB.

I have not had time to uninstall and try playing with it.

Anyone else having this?

Thanks in advance
    01-27-08 08:15 PM
    This is a test reply and had nothing to do with this thread.

I am trying a post b/c
    I was posting from my OSX Safari browser and when summiting the reply it hangs, then refresh the page and it tells me the post is a duplicate.

So Moditrators I am trying a different browser and you can delete this post if you like.

If I have better results with this broswer I will let you know.
    or feel free to contact me.
    01-27-08 08:20 PM
    Note to self and moditrators:

Firefox browser works Safari was my problem
    01-27-08 08:22 PM
    I love it and it would be great if you could sync your contacts.
    01-28-08 08:07 AM
    me too, I don't use outlook so was relieved that Google was an option. Been using it to run my small business for the last few weeks and it seems to be working a treat so far.
    01-28-08 10:03 AM
104 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD