how is it working for you?

I just got it working.

Seems pretty cool so far.

It wouldn't sync any appointments that were created before it was installed, but I had less than 10 anyways so I just re-created them.

I don't have outlook on my pc, so I haven't been using my calander much, but this should make it alot more useful.

Google has given use some pretty nice apps for the BB.
    12-12-07 07:34 PM
    I like it. haven't had enough time to really check it out, but I think it will be quite helpful.
    12-13-07 06:24 AM
    I gave it a spin around the block, works nice, plus it beats having to sync up with outlook imo anyways.
    12-13-07 06:32 AM
    I use it too. Works great...
    12-13-07 06:45 AM
    would be nice if it sync'd your contacts as well.
    12-13-07 07:14 AM
    I love it. I have always hated having to input my info on the computer, then on the berry. Now I just do it all on the comp, then when im heading out of the office hit the 'sync' button and theres my information.

I still use the old pen and paper Franklin Covey planner, but with the sync option now, it may be going bye bye.

Would love to see a sync for contacts and memos.
    12-13-07 10:50 AM
    would be nice if it sync'd your contacts as well.
    I was just thinking that last night.. That would be really nice.
    12-13-07 03:35 PM
    I stumbled on it right before it was announced on crackberry.com (I'm still a half step ahead of the game ha ha..) and I REALLY like it.

I had been complaining to the wife that our lives are so scheduled (and whose isn't anymore?) but my schedule always has holes in it. She gets some of the notifications for kids activities (sports, school, friends, birthdays etc...) and some of them come to me.

The problem is...some come as e-mails, some as snail mails, some as phone calls, newsletters....whew....how can anyone keep up?

Google calendar has really made it easy to consolidate several calendars into one place. (no I DONT work for them...) Now I get a gymnastics thing in the mail for oldest child...add it to calendar and wife and I both are on track...

I highly recommend it. And i dont use it to sync contacts anyway...

cheers.

-db
    12-13-07 04:32 PM
    Cool man.

I don't have too much scheduled in my regular life, but I'm a master of forgetting doctors apointments, birthdays, etc. so this kind of thing really comes in handy.

I also use several different pc's throughout the day so being able to access my gmail, google calander, etc. from any pc or my BB is pretty sweet.

now if they give us a function to sync contacts with gmail I won't need to sync my BB to a PC at all.
    12-13-07 04:39 PM
    Sounds like this could rival Blackberry Unite!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-07 06:54 PM
    Havent tried it yet! YET being the key word. I also agree that I wish it would sync your contacts!
    12-13-07 06:59 PM
    Cool man.

I don't have too much scheduled in my regular life, but I'm a master of forgetting doctors apointments, birthdays, etc. so this kind of thing really comes in handy.

I also use several different pc's throughout the day so being able to access my gmail, google calander, etc. from any pc or my BB is pretty sweet.

now if they give us a function to sync contacts with gmail I won't need to sync my BB to a PC at all.
    Same here, I've had it for a few days and love it, no problems!
    12-13-07 08:18 PM
    I got it yesterday and it's really good! Hopefully, contact sync'ing will be added when it reaches v1.0...
    12-13-07 09:36 PM
    Okay, so I got it. I read that it didn't upload any of your previous blackberry appt's. No biggie as I didn't really have many in there. I don't know if I should start a new thread for this (fairly new to forums), so if other people are having problems someone let me know and I'll make this a new thread.

My blackberry would download from google calendar, but when it tried to upload new appt's it would say that the sync failed and check to make sure that you have a data connection. Of course my data connection was working fine so I thought maybe I need to have the tcp set up. That didn't help. The solution was so simple.

While it seemed like a connection problem the ACTUAL problem was that I had my reminder set to 4 hours default. I did that to make sure I'm never late for something. Well, google calendar does not do 4 hour reminders! It does 1, 2, or 3 hours among many others. Once I switched to 3 hour default reminder then it worked fine.

Another problem I noticed is that if you create a recurring appointment, once you sync you lose your ability to change how it recurs on your handheld, although you can change how it recurs in google calendar. For example, every tuesday and wednesday you play tennis with your buds from 6-7 and you set it to recur every week. Once you sync to google, those conditions can only be changed in google. So if after a while you decide you only have time to go on wednesdays you can't change the recurring parameters on the blackberry. you either need to manually delete every tuesday event on the blackberry or you have to go on google calendar and make the changes to the recurring parameters there.

It's not a huge deal, but I like to be able to make the changes on my blackberry. My blackberry calendar should have more control than my google calendar in my mind. Although ideally you should be able to change it from either blackberry or google.
    Last edited by thewesman; 12-14-07 at 01:07 AM.
    12-14-07 01:04 AM
    I am loving the new app, it's more reliable than the gcal sync I was using before. I would be psyched if they would implement a contacts sync as well!
    12-14-07 09:12 AM
    So far so good .. but I agree I think there is something fishy with the recurring apts. I'm not sure I've figured all the pieces out as far as Handheld/Server winning on conflicts to get it all the way I want but its definitely better than not syncing at all.
    12-14-07 10:35 AM
    Works great!!!
    12-14-07 06:27 PM
    I just found and downloaded it. So far, so good. Since GCal was my primary calendar, I wasn't entering anything on the handheld. The non-sync of already entered events didn't bother me. Now that I know they'll sync, though, I'll be adding from the BB regularly.

I especially like the ability to sync (or at least download & view) multiple calendars... I checked the box for "Weather" so now there's a forecast overlaid on on my BB calendar for the next few days. VERY convenient!
    12-17-07 08:07 AM
    Has anybody had an issue where the existing BB calendar entries that existed before installing Google Sync don't automatically sync to the Google calendar? And if so, how do you fix it?

Thanks!
    12-17-07 11:48 AM
    Has anybody had an issue where the existing BB calendar entries that existed before installing Google Sync don't automatically sync to the Google calendar? And if so, how do you fix it?

Thanks!
    yeah, from what I've read everyone is having that problem. I'm not aware of a fix for it yet.
    12-17-07 07:12 PM
    word. another great feature from google. Glad i got some stock in 'em a long long time ago. Sync works great - its really the only way to go. always connected and if u loose da 'berry your calendar is on google and can be viewed and/or restored to new device. The main advantage is that if you dont have your 'berry wid ya, you can see your calendar online via computer. Well, done, Google
    12-18-07 01:30 AM
    #1. Where do you download Google Calendar? How much is it?

#2. I need a separate calendar (than the one I sync to my pc/Blackberry now). Can I use Google Calendar as a separate calendar that won't interfere with the one I have now?

Help...

Thanks!
    12-19-07 01:25 PM
    go to google.com/calendar
    from your pc...it will have a tab for mobile...

boom.

-db
    12-19-07 01:55 PM
    Google Sync

Free

No, thats the opposite purpose of it.
    12-19-07 02:06 PM
    I sync my phone with MeetingMaker using a Mac, and Google Sync definitely does not work for me. I even tried to wipe my calendar data, wipe Google Sync, install Google Syng, and then sync my data from MeetingMaker and still Google Sync didn't see any of it to sync to Google Calendar.

I'll have to wait until they get that resolved.
    12-19-07 03:48 PM
104 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD