12-07-11 01:17 PM
31 12
tools
    anybody staying at v hotel? or nearby?
    gothere.sg

Just a little demonstration and explanation to those who are unfamiliar with navigating around in Singapore. You can generally get by with public transport without much of a hassle, though the most convenient way is to take a cab down to the location.

(If you want to take a cab, check out this page.)

In the BUS or BUS+TRAIN options, you may see instructions like this: "Board at Joo Chiat Complex (82049)". The 5-digit number is the bus stop number which you can see at every bus stop. They look like this:

Older bus stop flags look like this:

These are invaluable to help you verify that you're boarding the bus at the right location. Use them!
    12-05-11 04:32 AM
    most distances you can walk - singapore is a village

any ideas about a meeting during devcon?
    time location etc?
    12-05-11 06:08 AM
    @ Derwent Graphite

looks like you are responsible for the CB-meeting :P
    who asks gets first and secondly you are from Singapore
    12-05-11 06:18 AM
    @Derwent Graphite ...will contact you via BBM tomorrow!
    12-06-11 10:08 AM

Some of the goodies that I got at DevCon Asia:

16gb PlayBook
    BBME Shirt
    BBM Shirt (With QR code)
    BlackBerry Pen
    BlackBerry Stress Ball
    BBMe Badge
    BlackBerry Car Decal

There were lucky draws for a 9860 Torch and 9900 Bold, but unfortunately I got nothing

I attended 2 sessions today as well as the DevCon party, and all in all I would say it's a pretty enjoyable event. I can see that RIM is putting in a lot of effort to build its app ecosystem. There's a good range of development environments to choose depending on needs and the app itself.

I'll be attending a lab session to see how I can port my Flash stuff to PlayBook OS, and if it goes well I'll be developing some Flash games for PB OS in the near future, especially now that RIM's taking away the fees for code signing keys AND app submission. That's TWO thumbs up for RIM and things are looking good!
    12-07-11 08:58 AM
    Hi Derwent and CB Team who are now in DevConAsia,

Please see this thread for more detail of CB Team Meeting.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...38#post6916738
    12-07-11 01:17 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD