hahahha this is gonna get ugly!
    WRONG! - or at least if it does get ugly it will get closed and could lead to infractions and/or time-outs for cooling off.

[warn]Please debate the products and services, NOT the other members.[/warn]
    SoCalRedbird likes this.
    02-01-13 08:04 PM
    Maybe I can make this clearer for everyone who's mad at people that are mad. Take these points slowly and digest them one at a time:

1. We are on a website dedicated to BlackBerry fans. This leads us to number 2.
    2. We are BlackBerry fans.
    3. We want BlackBerry to do well.
    4. BlackBerry waited until after the holidays to release, which was a gamble, but it paid off, since there was no other mobile news for them to compete with during their launch.
    5. We want BlackBerry to do well. (just making sure you saw that).
    6. Not only was there no mobile news, but at this time there are no competing product launches coinciding with BlackBerry's launch, or in the near future.
    7. Releasing now among a month-long "slow-news day" in the world of mobile would be greatly beneficial to BlackBerry, who we want to succeed. (See numbers 3 and 5).
    8. At the end of February is Mobile World Congress, one of the biggest events in the Mobile Phone Industry. Many new devices will be announced at this time, and many of those will have somewhat concrete dates about their launch.
    9. After the "end of February" is March.
    10. March is when the new BlackBerry will now release.
    11. Because of Mobile World Congress ending at the end of February, March will no longer be a "slow-news day" in mobile. There will be many things clouding the tech world at that release.
    12. There will be many new product launches and/or announcements at that the time of that release, including that of the Galaxy S4, a flagship phone of one of BlackBerry's competitors.
    13. People that were waiting for the BlackBerry with an upgrade available, may have taken the plunge in February, when there is nothing else really out there, and the horizon is somewhat empty. They may not take the plunge in March, after seeing the new things are coming from Mobile World Congress and knowing that the flagship phone of Samsung is launching soon.
    14. We want BlackBerry to do well.

Does that help?
    02-01-13 08:13 PM
    I don't want to be first, I just want to get it (well OK I do want to be first but I'm OK with same time as everyone).

I wish everyone had the option to get it day one
    02-01-13 08:21 PM
    I don't think blackberry is purposely delaying the launch in the USA. I Honestly believe that it is the US carriers that are dragging their feet on it. maybe it's pressure from apple like the case with sprint, or something else, but if Blackberry could have it for sale on tuesday across NA not just in Canada I am sure they would. My suggestion would be contact your carriers, let them know that it's unacceptable for it to be delayed that long.
    shaleem and Tim-ANC like this.
    02-01-13 08:21 PM
    The point is we do not need to slam our US members or BlackBerry fans. It's never productive to make the delay of the launch into a political issue. We can debate til the cows come home or blame who ever. Those who are fortunate enough to get their hands on a Z10 should just keep relating their user experience on this Site. From the stand point of the users, there will be advantages and disadvantages regardless if one is an early adopter or late adopter. It's going to be all good.
    02-01-13 08:28 PM
    Hey, it's not just Americans. Actually I think they're entitled to be miffed. I would be if I were them.

And there's a difference to wanting it first or wanting it at the same time as all the other first markets. If your argument is that Blackberry was releasing in its best markets first, you'd be mistaken. South Africa? Latin America? Asia?
    Agree. Not just Americans and I dont buy the a self entitled attitude is exclusive to America. Im in Australia and I want it now. Right now! And it needs to be white!

Think Ill go have a cookie
    kevinnugent and shaleem like this.
    02-01-13 08:34 PM
    I am starting to get angry its the carriers not blackberry. blackberry has no control
    I find it funny that people keep saying americans have to wait a few weeks. Last I checked, a few was 3. Seems more like 6 weeks is reality.

I'm american and don't feel entitled to it 1st. I feel it should be everywhere 1st for everybody.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 08:38 PM
    You just noticed this now?
    02-01-13 09:05 PM
    It's not self-entitlement. We wanted it just as much as everyone else. I can tell you that it would have been way better if we had even gotten a solid date, but we were simply given an "expected March release." In my opinion, every country that hosted a launch event should have been given a solid release date. I believe India and Indonesia are in the same boat, having held launch events but not being given a release date in their own country.

Anyway, we were all excited. I don't think any American BB fan wanted anything before anyone else, but around the same time. And we're not just upset because we can't get the new devices when many others do, but because this is detrimental to BlackBerry. By March, it's questionable as to how much excitement will still be here in the U.S. These are all sales that we would have loved to see the company get, but it may not because of the release dates.

I will wait patiently for it, and I hope that everyone else who liked the Z10 when they saw it hold out for it too.
    02-01-13 09:19 PM
    I am starting to get angry its the carriers not blackberry. blackberry has no control
    Rim knew the US carriers take longer for testing. All the platform delays caused them not to get it to the US carriers early enough to be fully tested for the release. If you believe this is all on all 4 US carriers you are naive. Dont drink the Koolaid,
    richardat and mikeo007 like this.
    02-01-13 09:19 PM
    Now this brings up a very interesting point. Given that there's no need for a BIS special plan for the carriers to sell WHY DOES BLACKBERRY still pander to them? Sell the thing any way you can. If it's popular the carriers will be lining up at YOUR door - not the other way around!!
    02-01-13 09:26 PM
    anyone who thought devices were to be launched jan 30th in the us, sure has not been paying close attention. rim misled no one.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-01-13 09:33 PM
    [QUOTE=rottonj;7920755]Rim knew the US carriers take longer for testing. All the platform delays caused them not to get it to the US carriers early enough to be fully tested for the release. If you believe this is all on all 4 US carriers you are naive. Dont drink the Koolaid,[/QUOTEit is thecarriers fault they take too long to test okay what's youf solution send them the phone before its ready so it won't pass testing ill gell you right now if the carriers around the world can finish testing when they did so can u.s carriers what are they doing putting the blackberry through wind tunnels testing aerodynamics give me a break your naive
    02-01-13 09:39 PM
    it is the carriers fault they take too long to test. okay what's your solution send them the phone before its ready so it won't pass testing. ill tell you right now if the carriers around the world can finish testing when they did so can u.s carriers what are they doing putting the blackberry through wind tunnels testing aerodynamics give me a break your naive
    02-01-13 09:42 PM
    [QUOTE=anthonysira;7920848]
    Rim knew the US carriers take longer for testing. All the platform delays caused them not to get it to the US carriers early enough to be fully tested for the release. If you believe this is all on all 4 US carriers you are naive. Dont drink the Koolaid,[/QUOTEit is thecarriers fault they take too long to test okay what's youf solution send them the phone before its ready so it won't pass testing ill gell you right now if the carriers around the world can finish testing when they did so can u.s carriers what are they doing putting the blackberry through wind tunnels testing aerodynamics give me a break your naive
    Im not here to argue but how the fck could this phone not be ready after all the delays already? The carriers are for sure playing games with Blackberry right now, but no way this was all on them. This isnt BB's first go around with carrier testing, they had to have some idea what to expect.
    02-01-13 09:44 PM
    Now this brings up a very interesting point. Given that there's no need for a BIS special plan for the carriers to sell WHY DOES BLACKBERRY still pander to them? Sell the thing any way you can. If it's popular the carriers will be lining up at YOUR door - not the other way around!!
    Does BB need the carriers more than the carriers need BB in the US? I think so - at least for the next few months. If (and when) the new units start flying out the door BB will then have all the leverage it needs to make demands. Until then BB is not the alpha in the pack.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-01-13 09:46 PM
    Thanks.

I said I'm Australian though.
    Their cool too..

Tim
    02-01-13 09:48 PM
    I'm sure I'll be flamed for this but thats fine.

I have been amused/horrified by the reactions of a lot of US Blackberry 'fans' in the wake of the BB10 launch.

So, you have to wait a couple of weeks for a mobile phone and the world ends? I mean c'mon. Just because you live in the US, that doesn't make you the center of the universe. The idea that americans should get things first sort of insulting to the other 6-7 billion of us. And, BTW the argument about the importance of the US market is silly. BlackBerry has been a virtual non-factor in the US for a while now. Their biggest markets are in other countries. So, it makes sense that they might want to hit those markets first, doesn't it?

Now, I have no problem with Americans. I have quite a few dear friends in the US. My personal belief is that it really should have been a global launch. But it wasn't, and pitching a fit over it like spoiled toddlers wont change it.

This post is ridiculous and I'm slightly offended. Did you stop to imagine how emotionally invested many of us are in the company? Or maybe how many of us stuck up for BB for many many months only to get this news......especially after an underwhelming release. On top of that, like it or not, the US typically sets the trend in the smartphone space, so it makes many of us a little upset because we know that if we feel this way and love BlackBerry, how about the people who are less endeared? Any way you slice it, regardless of who's to blame, this is horrible news for the company we have grown to love and it's very dissapointing.
    rottonj, mount.zed and lynxs_claw like this.
    02-01-13 09:50 PM
    If America is not the center of the universe then why did they have the main launch here?
    seriously? lol lmao dwl sorry had to laugh....tthis thread was needed to make my day a bit less boring
    02-01-13 09:56 PM
    This post is ridiculous and I'm slightly offended. Did you stop to imagine how emotionally invested many of us are in the company? Or maybe how many of us stuck up for BB for many many months only to get this news......especially after an underwhelming release. On top of that, like it or not, the US typically sets the trend in the smartphone space, so it makes many of us a little upset because we know that if we feel this way and love BlackBerry, how about the people who are less endeared? Any way you slice it, regardless of who's to blame, this is horrible news for the company we have grown to love and it's very dissapointing.
    I agree 100%, especially about the emotional investment many of us have in BlackBerry.

OP, we can go back and forth all day about the importance of the American market in relation to the rest of the world, but make no mistake, by not releasing in the U.S. until March, a lot of potential Z10 sales are in jeopardy. Regardless of whether it's the carriers' fault or BlackBerry's ultimately it's BB that suffers. There is no doubt that there are a lot of Americans excited for this device and OS, and it's getting a lot of buzz in the U.S., the kind of attention I've only ever seen surround the iPhone. BB needs these sales and it would be a shame to see lackluster sales in the U.S. simply because of the release date.
    02-01-13 09:59 PM
    seriously? lol lmao dwl sorry had to laugh....
    Yea, I had a few snickers with that one too and I'm in the US. Last time I looked, there were....5 - 6 launches simultaneously??

(And no, I am not the center of the universe. I reserve that spot for my dogs.)
    02-01-13 10:00 PM
    Just because you live in the US, that doesn't make you the center of the universe.
    Your right, just living in the US does not make me the center of the universe. Living in NY though does. Go Mets!!!!!
    02-01-13 10:03 PM
    Your right, just living in the US does not make me the center of the universe. Living in NY though does. Go Mets!!!!!
    lol good one. what we need is a little levity in this thread.
    02-01-13 10:10 PM
107 12345