Obviously Verizon has 10.2 tested with Z30, but are not releasing to other devices. US Carriers are claiming they haven't been provided 10.2 to test for release (could be a lie, could be the truth, as I haven't seen anything from BlackBerry that would counter this, and frankly even if they did I would trust neither BlackBerry or Carriers based on the way both have an issue with truthiness). BlackBerry has said 10.2 availability will be "winter" for the US. So could the delay in the US getting an update this time be that 10.2.1 is so close to being ready based on the leaks that BlackBerry decided to go straight to 10.2.1 in the US and BlackBerry is going to try to do a true global update/launch? 10.2 wouldn't provide a real advantage to them in the US but 10.2.1 and enhanced Android capability could, and why make carriers test two releases so close together.

On BlackBerry's blog How to Get BlackBerry 10.2 on BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 «Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog they just state 10.2, not 10.2.0 or 10.2.1. I'm truly hoping that this is the case, because if the US really doesn't get 10.2.0 till "winter", and then the rest of the world is getting 10.2.1, it will only further alienate the BlackBerry from the US market. I'm hoping that Mr. Chen being a Silicon Valley person will get some emphasis back on BlackBerry putting genuine effort into the US market.
    11-21-13 08:31 AM
    Hummm, interesting concept/opinion......sounds about right
    11-21-13 08:39 AM
    Well my now, that's what they should be doing.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 08:46 AM
    At this point, they might as well wait for 10.2.1. It should be coming soon. Hehehe.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    11-21-13 09:35 AM
    The two biggest carriers, being AT&T and Verizon are both in the process of upgrading and expanding their networks. Carriers may be waiting until this is complete, then re-introduce BB to the states with both a new, improved OS on a speedy network. That would make a nice one-two punch combo to get them back into the fight.
    11-21-13 10:05 AM
    OP, their is no rhyme or reason why the USA carriers delay the release of an OS update so much other than they can. I guess it is one way fro them to show they are in control of their vendors, the smartphone makers. Knowing how late to the game they are for anything related to BlackBerry, I would not hold my breath for your hypothesis to become reality.

If you are wrong, you will be way behind in discovering and utilizing all the goodness of the BB10 platform. If you are right, you could still have a long wait at best (this winter ends in 2014).

I have chosen not to be held hostage by the carriers. The tested leaks by the BerryLeaks team and those who revealed them back when I was on a legacy device have all been nice improvements over the official OS by my carrier.

My interpretation of the situation is that the USA carriers are slower than a one-legged turtle in a potato sack race when it comes to OS updates. They will be last to release 10.2.0.xxxx and the last to release 10.2.1.xxxx. I doubt they will skip 10.2.0 to give us the 10.2.1 goodness.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    11-21-13 10:11 AM
    Since the Holidays are beginning in the US, with tons of people taking vacation and company shutdowns and such, I don't expect anything to happen until at least February.

Sucks, I want my 10.2.x with wi-fi calling enabled (T-Mobile).

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 10:19 AM
    I hope so

8330--8530--9670--palm pre--palm pixi--HTC evo shift--9850--9930--iphone 4--iphone 5--Z10--HTC One--Galaxy s3--Galaxy s4--Q10
    11-21-13 10:29 AM
    In another thread someone posed the following question-

what do US Carriers have to gain by testing and approving an entire OS in a timely manner? They would prefer customers buy a new handset over taking the time to ensure an OS won't brick phones or cause other problems and end up flooding the customer service reps with questions. For example Apple rolls out one major OS upgrade per year and they have the customer base to dictate to the carriers. BlackBerry has had 4 or 5 updates in 6 months and does not have a large enough user base to dictate to the carriers.
    11-21-13 10:30 AM
    From your mouth to HIS ears!
    11-21-13 10:32 AM
    No, it is in delay because that is just Blackberry operating as usual- the whole "coming soon" or "in just a few weeks" or any other B.S. they feed you about their non-existent timetables.
    11-21-13 10:39 AM
    No, it is in delay because that is just Blackberry operating as usual- the whole "coming soon" or "in just a few weeks" or any other B.S. they feed you about their non-existent timetables.
    Rest of the planet has had 10.2 for a while..

Posted via CB10
    spike12 and RazrRob like this.
    11-21-13 10:41 AM
    Um dude - I've had a legit release of 10.2 for months now, as have many other users in many other countries.
    11-21-13 10:44 AM
    @rubberchicken @dusdal oh really? the U.S. Carriers have released them?
    11-21-13 10:47 AM
    The two biggest carriers, being AT&T and Verizon are both in the process of upgrading and expanding their networks.
    ALL carriers are ALWAYS in the process of updating and expanding their networks. To suggest that this has anything to do with it is laughable.

Carriers may be waiting until this is complete, then re-introduce BB to the states with both a new, improved OS on a speedy network. That would make a nice one-two punch combo to get them back into the fight.
    Um... okay.

Or, you could go with the far more likely reason: the carriers prioritize OS testing based on marketshare and sales, with the better-selling (and thus more important to the carrier) phones getting access to the testing teams first, and less important (to the carrier) phones being bumped back in line.

The Galaxy S4s are just getting Android 4.3 now, and 4.4 is out. Why? Well, it took Samsung a while to integrate 4.3 with all of their software and drivers, and then it took the carriers a while to test it all. But this 4 month delay is fairly typical. In this case, BB has already submitted 10.2 to the carriers a month ago, but I would submit that the carriers have let BB know that it will be a lower priority, and have given BB estimates for release spread out throughout the winter, which is why BB hasn't committed to any firmer date.

BB isn't the only one this happens to, either. Many "less important" phones don't get upgrades as fast as the flagships do, even when those phones have been updated for months outside of the US. Remember: in most countries, all phones are GSM, and are bought separately from their contracts, so no one expects the carriers to provide support or solve issues if the phone doesn't work. In the US, phones are bought from the carriers, on a contract, and so people go to their carriers to solve problems. Thus, a bad OS update to a phone can cost the carrier a ton of money (replacement phones, customer service time, etc.). That's why US carriers insist on thorough testing of the OS before they roll it out, unless you are Apple and had the clout to insist on rolling out your updates directly.
    11-21-13 10:49 AM
    While I would hope such happens, I am not so sure that is the case. Considering the 10.0 launch in the US while it was late, the carriers took it on the chin when it came to software issues. The reboot problem that festered for too long would make me test the crap out of it again before I let it happen again. I am sure the return rate was higher than normal because of that one problem that pushed the carriers to their current position that have today. Verizon being the only carrier announcing the Z30 does not give anyone in the states any comfort that another BB device will ever show up here again.

BB is the only one to blame here, not so much the carriers. I want the phones to be here like everyone else, but the stability of BB has been put in question and no one wants to lose money...especially the carriers.

IMO of course....while rocking a Z10 with the 10.2.1.1055 leak on BES 10
    11-21-13 10:54 AM
    waiting would be stupid because there is a big step between 10.1 and 10.2.1 to leave it out.
    11-21-13 12:12 PM
    Everyone said the same thing about the 10.1 MR update. US would just wait for 10.2. BlackBerry can't keep waiting

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:53 PM
    @rubberchicken @dusdal oh really? the U.S. Carriers have released them?
    No.

That's why I said 'the rest' of the planet.

Suggesting that not having 10.2 is unique to the US.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 01:23 PM
    the point here is that BlackBerry has little leverage in the US to compel the carriers to push out an OS update in a timely manner.

Does anyone here think that BlackBerry has the sales numbers to tell Verizon, AT&T, TMO, etc 'pull your testers off of the latest Apple OS upgrade or Android upgrade - you've got 4 weeks to git er done'? I'm by no means an expert, but wouldn't an Android update need to be tested on each line (Samsung, HTC, etc) and model?

While I do believe in some conspiracies (topic for another thread), I cannot believe BlackBerry is sitting on OSs and waiting? Waiting for what? The new season of Psych to come out???
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    11-21-13 01:30 PM
    Se puede palpar el clamor y las exigencias de los clientes de Blackberry por una actualizaci�n m�s rapida y a nivel mundial, al igual que lo hacen sus competidores, ojala el nuevo CEO de Blackberry ponga cartas sobre el asunto y las actualizaciones lleguen mas temprano que nunca!! de verdad!! URGEN LAS ACTUALIZACIONES!!! URGEN Translate if you can!!
    11-21-13 01:55 PM
    Se puede palpar el clamor y las exigencias de los clientes de Blackberry por una actualizaci�n m�s rapida y a nivel mundial, al igual que lo hacen sus competidores, ojala el nuevo CEO de Blackberry ponga cartas sobre el asunto y las actualizaciones lleguen mas temprano que nunca!! de verdad!! URGEN LAS ACTUALIZACIONES!!! URGEN Translate if you can!!
    You can feel the clamor and demands of customers Blackberry by an update mores fast and globally , as its competitors do , hopefully Blackberry 's new CEO put letters on the issue and arrive earlier updates URGE UPDATES indeed! ! than ever!

Check out Translator - Express Suite in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20078697

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 02:03 PM
    BlackBerry + america = corpse.
    BlackBerry should stop selling devices in America. That way we don't have to listen to all the bull**** media say how ****ty and boring it is.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:18 PM
    the point here is that BlackBerry has little leverage in the US to compel the carriers to push out an OS update in a timely manner.
    This! If BlackBerry is less than 6% of the smartphones in use in the US and less than 2% of the new smartphones sold, the carriers simply push them to the back of the line for testing.

I cannot believe BlackBerry is sitting on OSs and waiting? Waiting for what? The new season of Psych to come out???
    Exactly. It's a numbers thing. If BlackBerry is 20% approximately of the Canadian smartphone market, it makes sense that Rogers Bell and Telus have OS 10.2 out quicker than in the US where BlackBerry has a much smaller marketshare.
    RazrRob likes this.
    11-21-13 05:48 PM
    BlackBerry + america = corpse.
    BlackBerry should stop selling devices in America. That way we don't have to listen to all the bull**** media say how ****ty and boring it is.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, the market is too big and influential on the rest of the world. Much of the media around Smartphones is US based.
    11-21-13 05:48 PM
26 12