I think they should reach out to President Obama, P. Diddy, Justin Timberlake, Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and yes, even Kim K (and family). They are all known (BIG) celebrity Blackberry users.
    I can 100% guarantee you they have had discussions with the Executive office of the President already, the IT staff at least. I have zero clue if they spoke with the President or not, but I tend to doubt they would do that directly.
    12-13-12 09:27 AM
    Kevin Pieterson (England) and Albie morkel (South Africa). It's on Twitter so I can't give link but if you go to their profiles you can see. I've seen Indian cricketers and most of them use blackberries. (so it is not just curves by poor people as many like to point out here)

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    Given how nuts he is about Blackberry (and Cricket), I would bet that Piers Morgan will be on board shortly
    12-13-12 09:30 AM
    I was worried RIM would mess up with their marketing, but so far I think they've been doing an excellent job. Now I'm very confident that BB10 will be a smashing success!
    I agree with you 100%. There was little point in trying to raise buzz on a device that wouldn't be available for several months, outside the developer community.

Now that we're less than 7 weeks out, it's exactly the right time to turn on the buzz machine.

That's not as easy as it sounds; a lot of effort actually goes into picking the "right" celebs. As others have pointed out, LiLo would be a disaster; Charlie Daniels and Hank Jr. would have some pull but aligned themselves too far out politically (they'd turn off many Obama supporters in the US, for instance), though Toby Keith might actually work.

Russell Simmons actually IS a great choice, though, as was Stephen Fry. There was that internal video that also showed J. K. Rowling and Lady Gaga. Don't know if they're on board for the actual public launch but they'd be spectacular.
    12-13-12 09:38 AM
    RIM could start producing "reality" television programming...just when we thought the BlackBerry brand could sink no lower RIM says, "Ooopps! I did it again."
    .....right.

You're grasping at straws there buddy.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    12-13-12 10:55 AM
    The more, the better. Celebrities talking about blackberry 10 and blackberry in general in a very positive and encouraging way, is what consumers and fans need.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-15-12 05:01 AM
    Someone at RIM needs to ship Piers Morgan a BB10, ASAP! (if they haven't done so already) I don't really follow him, but I know he is a die hard BB addict and isn't afraid to tell anyone who'll listen:

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/stat...08156407574528
    https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/stat...05236671152129

And it appears his Porsche P'9981 got dunked in water, somehow. So, now's the time to FedEx the guy a new phone, already!
    01-25-13 09:13 PM
    I live in the states and was clueless as to who @stephenfry was that was mentioned in page 1 of this forum so I clicked on the link to go to his twitter account and here is what I saw. So, from original date., 11/4, he is still mentioning bb10. Personally I couldn't care less about celebrity endorsements but I know that lots of people do. I do agree that the advertising is priceless. Too bad the Olympics weren't going on now, so when Usain Bolt gave the free shout out about BBM he could have promoted "I'm going to BBM on my new BB10".

Stephen Fry (@stephenfry) tweeted at 1:31pm - 25 Jan 13:
    I�m a very lucky bunny. Playing happily with the all new BlackBerry. Some amazing features on BB10. Released 30th Jan. Back to Shakespeare� (https://twitter.com/stephenfry/statu...90309551280128).
    01-26-13 07:35 AM
    Launched or released 30th January Stephen? Choose your words carefully!
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-26-13 07:51 AM
    01-28-13 03:14 AM
    Byonce and sheryl cole are blackberry fans. Maybe they should be next
    As much as I can't stand Cheryl, even though she is from my little part of the world, her and beyonce having the BB10 would be brilliant publicity.
    01-28-13 08:00 AM
    I think they should reach out to President Obama, P. Diddy, Justin Timberlake, Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and yes, even Kim K (and family). They are all known (BIG) celebrity Blackberry users.
    yep Kim K and family especially, they always have their BB glued to their hand lol. But best advertising is consumers and people actually seeing the phone and just people talking about it and showing their friends.
    01-28-13 08:08 AM
    Reaching out is good. How many companies do that?
    01-28-13 02:25 PM
    Russell Simmons is looking great.... nice personality.
    http://www.fashionstylestrend.com/ce...relationships/
    02-15-13 02:07 AM
63 123