If you go on BlackBerry's store they no longer sell os7 devices. Imo I'm glad about this as os7 were already declining and it should increase sales for BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    pgg101 likes this.
    06-30-15 09:04 AM
    Just be memorials.
    06-30-15 09:26 AM
    If you go on BlackBerry's store they no longer sell os7 devices. Imo I'm glad about this as os7 were already declining and it should increase sales for BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    You'd think that it would, but it won't. The vast majority of those former BlackBerry users will use this opportunity to jump to a different brand of smartphones and BlackBerry's own earning reports show that.

At the end of the day, if a ex-OS7 user has no choice but to buy and start using a totally new platform, why would they choose to go with BB10 instead of iOS or Android? The ex OS7 user has their choice of buying and learning a new platform that is established and has the support of third party developers or going with BB10, which hasn't sold well at all, could be killed off by Chen in the very near future and has almost no native 3rd party support.

Unless they're emotionally or financially invested in the survival of BlackBerry, I think the choice would be pretty easy to make.
    06-30-15 10:20 AM
    You'd think that it would, but it won't. The vast majority of those former BlackBerry users will use this opportunity to jump to a different brand of smartphones and BlackBerry's own earning reports show that.

At the end of the day, if a ex-OS7 user has no choice but to buy and start using a totally new platform, why would they choose to go with BB10 instead of iOS or Android? The ex OS7 user has their choice of buying and learning a new platform that is established and has the support of third party developers or going with BB10, which hasn't sold well at all, could be killed off by Chen in the very near future and has almost no native 3rd party support.

Unless they're emotionally or financially invested in the survival of BlackBerry, I think the choice would be pretty easy to make.
    I think there are plenty of reasons that os7 users would go to BlackBerry 10.

1. If they have been using os7, they were not big app users to begin with. For them, BlackBerry 10 will already be a huge upgrade in terms of app content anyways.

2. Many of them are emotionally attached to physical keyboard, especially if they have held out on other touch screen phones for this long.
    In that case, BlackBerry 10 is the only real choice for physical keyboards, other than some cheap budget Android phones.

3. People also appreciate the 9900 for its pocketable size, there could be people who would go for BlackBerry 10 phones for this reason since there are not any small phones available in the market.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 10:44 AM
    At the end of the day, if a ex-OS7 user has no choice but to buy and start using a totally new platform, why would they choose to go with BB10 instead of iOS or Android?
    Spot on in my experience. My circle of friends and business associates had been OS7 holdouts, but we all went Android or iOS in the past year, in cases such as mine, out of necessity to use a business specific app. As of about a month ago, the last of us has moved on. He would have preferred another Bold because he didn't want to learn a new phone OS, but they simply aren't available. The only person I know who still uses a BlackBerry of any kind is a civilian DoD contractor who is using a DoD issued Z10. Beyond that I don't think I've spotted another BB10 device in the wild, and I do look for them.
    Witmen and JosevuN3 like this.
    06-30-15 10:45 AM
    I think there are plenty of reasons that os7 users would go to BlackBerry 10.

1. If they have been using os7, they were not big app users to begin with. For them, BlackBerry 10 will already be a huge upgrade in terms of app content anyways.

2. Many of them are emotionally attached to physical keyboard, especially if they have held out on other touch screen phones for this long.
    In that case, BlackBerry 10 is the only real choice for physical keyboards, other than some cheap budget Android phones.

3. People also appreciate the 9900 for its pocketable size, there could be people who would go for BlackBerry 10 phones for this reason since there are not any small phones available in the market.

Posted via CB10
    Those are good reasons indeed, but the earnings reports have shown that the overwhelming vast majority of people who are leaving legacy OS devices behind aren't going to BlackBerry 10.

I mean after all, it wasn't too long ago that there was 80 million BlackBerry users. Now BlackBerry has around 35 million users. Where did all of those former BlackBerry users go? It certainly wasn't too BB10.
    06-30-15 10:52 AM
    What a ridiculous rant. If a OS7 user prefers the usage of a physical keyboard and likes BlackBerry why would they not consider and use a new Classic? I am a former OS7 user and I went Z10, Z30 and Passport (and I am thinking hard about a Classic) And honestly I like them ALL for various reasons. There is nothing I cannot do on any of them that I need to in daily usage and running our business. I read so much negative crap here on this site it is unbelievable. If one does not like their BlackBerry or cannot be constructive then move on, buy something else and spew elsewhere when you realize NONE are perfect. I have other OS's in our household (Windows laptop, Samsung Tablets, ipod, my daughter has a iPhone 4S from a grandparent) and in my experience NONE meet my needs like a BlackBerry. We could buy whatever mobile device we want to help us organize our family and run our business. For many reasons my wife and I continually choose BlackBerry.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    06-30-15 10:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    There are plenty of small Android phones on the market if you want BB10 level specs at a more affordable price. Actually, you could buy an old iPhone as well.

What doesn't exist is a small phone with relevant specs. I think the Xperia Z Compact series are the only popular ones.
    06-30-15 11:10 AM
    I think they should continue selling a select few as low end $100 phones. They are still big in emerging markets.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:19 PM
    There are plenty of small Android phones on the market if you want BB10 level specs at a more affordable price. Actually, you could buy an old iPhone as well.

What doesn't exist is a small phone with relevant specs. I think the Xperia Z Compact series are the only popular ones.
    Android will require a lot higher spec to be at the BlackBerry 10 smoothness level.

You cannot just compare the internal spec sheets, and call them even. Because BlackBerry 10 software makes the phone a lot faster than an Android phone with a same spec.

My Galaxy S3 has comparable internal specs to my Z10. Yet, the S3 is almost unusable due to the lag with the latest software.

Posted via CB10
    Irish Blues likes this.
    06-30-15 01:45 PM
    My 2013 Z10 on the latest 10.3.2 runs better than when new. BlackBerry 10 is a continuously improving OS and the original BlackBerry 10 devices were over built in relation to other phones of the time. I laugh when I read the upcoming iPhone 6s or 7 will come with 2GB or RAM.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    chopachain likes this.
    06-30-15 02:20 PM

In some ways you are right. And some you are wrong. Bb10 is a superior os. And those wishing to remain with it or wanting to upgrade may not wish to use ios droid or win phone. As most of the early z10-30. And q10 adopters. They are ready to upgrade with no choice from BlackBerry. That's is the biggest problem. That app gap is moot. So really the only thing I see as a problem is lack of viable phone to upgrade to no z line successor. And no offence to anyone waiting for the slider. Not interested in that monolithic slab.

Posted via CB10
    Droidophobe likes this.
    06-30-15 03:20 PM
    Spot on in my experience. My circle of friends and business associates had been OS7 holdouts, but we all went Android or iOS in the past year, in cases such as mine, out of necessity to use a business specific app. As of about a month ago, the last of us has moved on. He would have preferred another Bold because he didn't want to learn a new phone OS, but they simply aren't available. The only person I know who still uses a BlackBerry of any kind is a civilian DoD contractor who is using a DoD issued Z10. Beyond that I don't think I've spotted another BB10 device in the wild, and I do look for them.
    With your permission, that doesn't quite make sense (to me). Bolds are still available on eBay and through other channels.

Also, that business-specific app is on the Bold, or not? But not on BB10? So he gets another phone OS for an app that's not on the Bold but would have kept the Bold or bought another one, but couldn't because they're no longer available? Or did this particular guy not worry about any apps? Sounds kinda funny to me, but people have different reasons and reasoning... :-)

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-30-15 03:41 PM
    My 2013 Z10 on the latest 10.3.2 runs better than when new. BlackBerry 10 is a continuously improving OS and the original BlackBerry 10 devices were over built in relation to other phones of the time. I laugh when I read the upcoming iPhone 6s or 7 will come with 2GB or RAM.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    Yea... laugh at the poor iPhones.
    06-30-15 03:57 PM
    If you're still using an OS7 device in 2015 you're probably not the typical app/spec obsessed potential Android guy. When I left my old Curve behind my overwhelming first choice was BB10. Sadly Sprint didn't offer one yet so I used an Android for awhile. But I hopped right on the Q when I could.

Seems like if people wanted an iPhone or a Droid they'd have one already. If you prefer your Bold/Curve/Torch your best option is still BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    06-30-15 04:46 PM
    If you prefer your Bold/Curve/Torch your best option is still BlackBerry.
    It seems that the tens of millions of users who have left a Bold/Curve/Torch and didn't move to a BB10 device - even though they were available - would disagree with you.
    06-30-15 05:11 PM
    It seems that the tens of millions of users who have left a Bold/Curve/Torch and didn't move to a BB10 device - even though they were available - would disagree with you.
    The classic only recently arrived ( BlackBerry rolls out devices slowly) so ex OS7 users have a strong reason to come back.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-30-15 05:20 PM
    Yep; I joined in 2011, one of those 80 million. Now, just 4 years later I'm on an iPhone. Why, swiping /gestures just seems silly. BB has had its day, too bad .
    06-30-15 05:25 PM
    Yep; I joined in 2011, one of those 80 million. Now, just 4 years later I'm on an iPhone. Why, swiping /gestures just seems silly. BB has had its day, too bad .
    So you basically have no experience with bb10?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-30-15 05:30 PM
    So you basically have no experience with bb10?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Actually, I had a Q10 for about a month and a Z30 for about a week. Loved how fast they were and the predictive text on the z30, just flick up:-) it's the swiping I don't like, rather tap. Forgot to add, the Sheriffs Department I worked for would not let me carry it at work, had to be iOS or Droid. BTW, my son works at JPL and those rocket scientists won't allow BB10 either.
    06-30-15 05:34 PM
    That does seem to be the case. So I wonder how many legacy folks couldn't wait to get off those devices. Not much in common between a Bold and an iPhone 6 or S6 Edge.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 05:38 PM
    True, but perhaps the holdouts will behave differently. They haven't switched to another OS by now for some reason. We'll find out soon enough though.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 05:41 PM
    Actually, I had a Q10 for about a month and a Z30 for about a week. Loved how fast they were and the predictive text on the z30, just flick up:-) it's the swiping I don't like, rather tap. Forgot to add, the Sheriffs Department I worked for would not let me carry it at work, had to be iOS or Droid. BTW, my son works at JPL and those rocket scientists won't allow BB10 either.
    Wait so why is it not allowed?? ... because of the swipe..? Classic doesn't need to swipe to navigate around the OS. But even then I don't understand what the problem is with swipe.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-30-15 05:44 PM
    Swipe is allowed but BB10 is not.
    06-30-15 05:46 PM
    Swipe is allowed but BB10 is not.
    For what reason? Doesn't seem like there's any logic tied to their reasoning.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-30-15 05:55 PM
64 123