...from iDEN phones to Blackberries and I saw this sitting in my office this morning.

I was really hoping for the Curve but I can't complaint about a free Blackberry .

It's kinda strange going back and forth between SureType and full QWERTY, and the track ball and scroll wheel.
    07-29-08 12:51 PM
    yeah it was a weird change, but i got used to it very fast and like it much better than the suretype. Im sure once u get used to that phone you will like it much better.
    07-29-08 12:53 PM
    Why didn't they give y'all Curves? I didn't even know they still made those BBs. Was it new?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 02:18 PM
    Yeah it was new. I'm guessing they went with the 8703 cause it was a little cheaper than the Curve.
    07-29-08 03:55 PM
    Yeah it was new. I'm guessing they went with the 8703 cause it was a little cheaper than the Curve.
    Well Im happy with a free anything! Now a bb I would have sugar, honey, ice tead myself. LMAO
    07-29-08 04:02 PM
    I use the 8700 series, and it's perfectly fine, except for multimedia purposes. You might start to like the trackwheel and QWERTY keyboard.

07-29-08 05:34 PM
    A free BB is a great BB - enjoy
    07-29-08 05:54 PM
    Off subject but please wipe screen before taking pics next time. Finger print on the screen drives me nuts. Makes me wanna clean something. Thanks
    07-29-08 06:00 PM
    i'm jealous...free blackberry, you can't beat that.
    07-29-08 09:10 PM
    I love the 8700 series. Sometimes I think about switching back to the one I have at home.
    07-29-08 09:14 PM
    Cool!! Nothing better than a free Berry waiting on your desk!!
    07-29-08 09:20 PM
    .....I was really hoping for the Curve but I can't complaint about a free Blackberry .
    Well, look at it like this. It's not as though it's your personal BB- just for work. Your Pearl looks much better!
    07-29-08 09:28 PM
    Off subject but please wipe screen before taking pics next time. Finger print on the screen drives me nuts. Makes me wanna clean something. Thanks
    I know what you mean! I took one look at that picture and had the urge to clean my Curve and my Zen screens!
    07-29-08 09:35 PM
    Well, after a day of rocking the 8130 and 8703, I've come to 2 conclusions:

- SureType is good (at this point I'm still faster with it), and probably the best compromise if you want a smaller form factor Blackberry, but you can't beat a full QWERTY keyboard. It's like having an automatic vs a manual transmission in a car - an auto does perfectly well 90% of the time, but when it's go time, you're going to want a manual tranny.

- It was a good move by RIM to go from the scroll wheel to the track ball.

LOL, did it make you want to reach out and clean the spot on your monitor .
    07-29-08 10:14 PM
    .....It's like having an automatic vs a manual transmission in a car - an auto does perfectly well 90% of the time, but when it's go time, you're going to want a manual tranny.
    I cant relate; have only ever driven automatics.
    07-29-08 10:18 PM
    Please take your OCD medication before looking at other peoples property then

07-29-08 11:27 PM
    Also, since it does not have a camera, it probably makes the company happy.

07-30-08 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD