Told me to stop using a blackberry. I'm like why? He said let me give you an example I do for my customers. He took my battery out and restarted he I phone and gave my BB a headstart and blew my BB out of the water.

I knew the BB was slow when rebooting but I didn't know why. So why is that? He really kept bashing BB. Said he had a bold and hated it. I'm like the bold is the top end blackberry. How can you hate it so much? He said nothing beats an I phone.

Wow lol I phone users are crazy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 08:12 AM
    that's just a iphone fan boy for you.

Does your BB do everything you need it to do? If so then it is prolly a great phone for you.
    As for it booting up so slow...it is like a little computer. Iphone are used more for media, and BBs are more for the business side of things.
    03-01-10 08:32 AM
    What ever works best for you and what ever work best for him...

Then just walk away...
    03-01-10 08:38 AM
    What happens if the iphone falls in to water, can you take the battery out real quick to MAYBE avoid disaster. Oh wait you can't. How about multi tasking can it do that?
    03-01-10 08:44 AM
    What happens if the iphone falls in to water, can you take the battery out real quick to MAYBE avoid disaster. Oh wait you can't. How about multi tasking can it do that?
    If you drop that thing in water it is a goner!
    I saw the latest iPhone commercial and it looks like it doing some multi tasking...but it was only a guy being put on hold and using the internet and pointless apps.
    "with my iPhone i enjoy being put on hold...I can surf the web, pay some bills, bla bla bla."
    03-01-10 08:46 AM
    Lol No. That happened to my little brother...Actually he had a iPod but same difference. Anyways, He was running in the rain & He wasn't even super wet & The iPod didn't even get wet inside the holes...Anyways, I wiped the screen & looked inside the holes & it wasn't wet...sooo I plugged it in to charge & it never turned on after that...We still have the the iPod here. Sad because it was it's still in brand new condition BUT dead. Lol

Yes, It can multi task but you have to have it jailbroken & get an app. Lol

03-01-10 09:12 AM
    Folks,

Don't get me wrong, the iphone was a great innovation. It's great for some people, but for the business person, or for the person who needs what the blackberry provides, the push email, the communications, the ease of email setup and use, the security, it just does not compare. But for some the iphone is the way to go. HOWEVER the Droid is quickly catching up with that crowd too. And the Droid is available on Verizon as well as just about all the carriers and soon to be all.
    03-01-10 09:37 AM
    What drives me crazy is that iPhone fanboys ACTUALLY BELIEVE the "can your phone do that" tagline. Even when I had a stinkin' SIDEKICK I'd usually answer those commercials "Why yes, yes it can."
    03-01-10 09:49 AM
    I saw the latest iPhone commercial and it looks like it doing some multi tasking...but it was only a guy being put on hold and using the internet and pointless apps.
    "with my iPhone i enjoy being put on hold...I can surf the web, pay some bills, bla bla bla."
    The person on the other line WASN'T being put on hold. lol The iPhone can done some native app multitasking, but anything else and you need to jailbreak it to use it to its full extent, which is what Apple should have allowed natively.

As to the OP's post, sounds to me like your friend is only looking at the surface of things. Unless he can go more in depth on what is positive and negative about each platform, he's losing the fight.

Also, I really wish people would stop saying the iPhone is not a business phone. Out of the box, compared to a BB, it has much better native corporate email support then BB does. With a BB you need to pay extra to license and also use BES to get your corporate email instantly pushed. With an iPhone (due to ActiveSync capabilities), instant push email is available to you if your company uses Exchange for their email services. Again, it comes down to what makes for a more usefull and cheaper solution for the end user. As for the bootup time, it has to do with the BB OS architecture that RIM uses... there's really two things that happen in order for a BB to boot up based on what people have discussed. First a virtual machine environment has to start, then the OS must load it's base code and then all the Java apps must start... it can get time intensive. I will agree with your friend that they need to speed things along some, but it's not like the iPhone is really that quick on bootup either. Are you sure your friend truly turned it off all the way. If you didn't see an Apple logo on bootup, it wasn't turned of fully.
    03-01-10 09:57 AM
    & Another thing great about the iPhone is that the apps are cheaper. Lol
    IM+ is only $4.99 & For the BB it's $35+
    I love my blackberry But the iPhone was my first choice.
    03-01-10 10:05 AM
    Ummm Civic, BesX came out today.
    03-01-10 10:11 AM
    The person on the other line WASN'T being put on hold. lol
    Just a nitpicky thing here. You may not have seen the commercial the poster's talking about. In the commercial, the person WAS on hold with some automated voice saying stuff like "the next available representative will be with you shortly" & it showed the guy paying bills & playing games while he waited ON HOLD.
    03-01-10 10:13 AM
    When I saw this commercial I laughed my *** off. I mean, REALLY? Is that the direction AT&T and Apple want to go with this? "I don't mind being put on hold..." Ridiculous
    03-01-10 10:14 AM
    I won't get into the bb/iphone debate. One of my good friends has an iphone and I've messed with it a lot. THEN I went out and bought a Berry because I like it better for my own reasons.

Is your att friend a salesperson?? Perhaps he just wants to make another sale??
    03-01-10 10:17 AM
    Just a nitpicky thing here. You may not have seen the commercial the poster's talking about. In the commercial, the person WAS on hold with some automated voice saying stuff like "the next available representative will be with you shortly" & it showed the guy paying bills & playing games while he waited ON HOLD.
    thanks!

When I saw this commercial I laughed my *** off. I mean, REALLY? Is that the direction AT&T and Apple want to go with this? "I don't mind being put on hold..." Ridiculous
    haha exactly who in their right mind enjoys being put on hold. AT&T is just trying to bring in more people to buy the iPhone and bog down their network.
    03-01-10 10:19 AM
    The person on the other line WASN'T being put on hold. lol The iPhone can done some native app multitasking, but anything else and you need to jailbreak it to use it to its full extent, which is what Apple should have allowed natively.
    Ah, but if they allow that for the masses the battery life goes even more down the pan. Remember the iphone battery life fix... disable more stuff.
    03-01-10 10:20 AM
    They both have positives and negatives. I've got a 9700 and my husband has an iPhone. There are some things about his iPhone I wish I had on my BB: insane storage space out of the box, exclusive apps, cheaper/more apps. But I tend to keep devices for a long period of time so I like that I can replace my battery myself should it die, and I can go to any nearby AT&T store should something go wrong with it (I think iPhones need to be serviced at the Apple store only, yes?). I prefer the physical keyboard and the battery life is definitely better. Recent conversation with my husband: Him: "I need a spare battery for my iPhone so I can use this app while golfing, it won't last long enough without charging." Me: "I only charge my phone at night, sometimes not even every night *smirk*"
    03-01-10 10:49 AM
    iPhone boy your friend is, I love my BB it does boot slow but I'm not in that big of a hurry
    03-01-10 11:09 AM
    Couldn't blame Apple for not allowing 3rd party app multi-tasking without a jaibreak.
    That is until the 3Gs came out. If it's not allowed from here on in, I'd be baffled as
    to why. Multi-tasking on the first two gens has a severe effect on battery life. Not
    so much for the 3Gs.

But I'm singing the same old song here anyway....
    03-01-10 12:16 PM
    I think att and apple employees are trained to badmouth every other device on the market, its how they roll.
    03-01-10 12:42 PM
    OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH the iPhone boots faster.
    03-01-10 12:48 PM
    These threads look more familiar everyday.
    03-01-10 12:52 PM
    Ah, but if they allow that for the masses the battery life goes even more down the pan. Remember the iphone battery life fix... disable more stuff.

That is what I remember from my brief period with the 3GS. I was calling Apple every single day trying to figure out 1) why my phone could not last the day adn 2) why it overheated so much. Their response - turn off 3G, push, WiFi, brightness, vibrate, music, etc. etc. etc. What I had left was a Motorola v551 in terms of functionality!

I'm really hoping the 4G fixed all that. I don't need a phone that I have to baby so much.
    03-01-10 12:56 PM
    Well, since I only restart it once every 2-4 weeks, I'd call this a non-issue
    03-01-10 12:59 PM
    I have an Ipod Touch to fill the "iPhone" void in my life. There are just a few things that a BB has that I wouldn't be able to live without when it comes to a 'smartphone'.

The only way I could ditch my berry and get an Iphone is if the plan and the cost of phone was a lot cheaper. Which we all know will NEVER happen.
    03-01-10 01:01 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD