(Wish I had a Mobile Nation General Discussion I could put this in, but here we go)

So the group of mobile sites AKA Mobile Nations is just so hateful. It remind me of petty disputes that happen between governments. Now we've all seen the video of Kevin buying the $500 app off AppWorld, or at least I hope everyone has. But this video was taken and posted over on AndroidCentral, now this is all fine and dandy, but I'm not sure how we can continue to call this Mobile Nations with some of the completely hateful comments posted.

http://www.androidcentral.com/crackb...0-clock-widget
    (Most of the comments aren't that bad, but when you start smack talking our fearless leader, you're picking a fight with all us Crackberrians(Crackberrites???))
    http://www.imore.com/2012/01/13/crac...-misadventure/
    (Thanks FlashFlare11 for pointing this out, didnt even see this. The post in the comments section of this article are worse than AndroidCentral's and there is half as many comments...)

Being a tech addict, I follow many things. Many of my good friends are Androids and I like to keep up with the what's happening in their scene. Also being a former iPhone owner, I've been known to visit TiPB(iMore...) And I myself would not be caught dead trying to rip on someone because of their phone in the comments on our pages or in our forums.

I just feel like when Mobile Nations was created, they had envisioned a Mobile Community where everyone could co-exist and enjoy what they're doing. As such I'm not sure we can continue to call this Mobile Nations. With so much hate in the world, it's hard to understand why people would sink as low as to rip on people because their choice in phones. Do we need to make a Mobile Nations UN? Do we need to draft a Geneva Convention for mobile phone users? Is this how low society has sunk? I sure hope not, maybe we should create a Mobile Nations UN, sadly I like the thought of that...
    Last edited by Thomasrox3; 01-14-12 at 03:38 AM.
    01-14-12 12:47 AM
    Yeah, I was just looking at the comments posted on iMore for the same post.

It's one thing that they hate BlackBerry (for whatever reason). But to call Kevin names (some of them didn't even know who he was)? That's uncalled for! I wish I could say something but I don't want to create an account there to "troll" their posts, just as we would frown upon anyone doing that here.

Just to add, it seems that we have a much more "mature" community here at CrackBerry. I mean, we have people here who call the iPhone a "toy" and various other names, as well as mocking the other competitors. But we also have a lot of posters who defend those platforms and take offense to those insults. It doesn't seem that we have as many friends willing to defend BlackBerry (or even Our Fearless Leader!) on the platforms' networks like they do on CrackBerry.
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 01-14-12 at 02:04 AM.
    01-14-12 01:25 AM
    CRACKBERRIANS!!!! UNITE!!!!

WE SHALL PASS TO THE CENTRAL THAT IS ANDROID! AND DESTROY THEM AND RAPE THEIR WOMEN FOR DISRESPECT OF OUR FEARLESS LEADER!

No but really. That clock he bought was really nice. Unnecessarily expensive. But nice.

And with BB10. I'm hoping us Crackberrians (Crackberrites sounds like we're arthropods,) get the last laugh.
    01-14-12 01:56 AM
    CRACKBERRIANS!!!! UNITE!!!!

WE SHALL PASS TO THE CENTRAL THAT IS ANDROID! AND DESTROY THEM AND RAPE THEIR WOMEN FOR DISRESPECT OF OUR FEARLESS LEADER!

No but really. That clock he bought was really nice. Unnecessarily expensive. But nice.

And with BB10. I'm hoping us Crackberrians (Crackberrites sounds like we're arthropods,) get the last laugh.
    Yeah, we're going to let our phones do the talking! BlackBerry 10 is going to be every bit as functional as BlackBerry 7, the PlayBook, and, with all the developers' tools, have the apps as well.
    01-14-12 02:06 AM
    I'm just glad to see I'm not the only 1 who feels this way!
    01-14-12 03:33 AM
    But I thought it was only on crackberry that anyone ever dissed other brands, and that no one does it on Android Central or iMore, at least that is what we have been lead to believe in these forums by those other device users
    01-14-12 06:32 AM
    But I thought it was only on crackberry that anyone ever dissed other brands, and that no one does it on Android Central or iMore, at least that is what we have been lead to believe in these forums by those other device users
    And we tell ourselves that we're not dissing other phones, just making an objective comparison.
    01-14-12 10:17 AM
    "We don't need to escalate [...]"
    "You know we have to find the way, to bring some lovin' here today"
    (starts @ 00:16 or so)
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwe34WzSuqk[/YT]

Peace.
    kraski likes this.
    01-14-12 12:11 PM
    Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what you thought. Ultimately the only real difference between the CrackBerry forums and the others is that iOS and Android success eliminates the level of denial which here culminates in the need to blame poor results on the "media" or a secret, vast tech-wing conspiracy.
    01-14-12 12:36 PM
    Oh quit whining.
    01-14-12 12:42 PM
    all i know is that with all the half baked reporters filing biased and missleading information bb gets a worse reputation than it otherwise would/should.

you don't have to like bb to give them a fair shake. apparently its trendy to pile on the hate right now. sadly i've felt the hate also but g'damn that bold 9900 is nice!

good news is rim/qnx seems to be doing alot of things right. give it time...nothing changes over night
    01-14-12 04:36 PM
    I'm just surprised some of the people commenting were moved into such a rage by a fun and harmless video. Kevin was obviously having fun and I doubt he went bankrupt buying that app.
    01-14-12 05:04 PM
    I'm just surprised some of the people commenting were moved into such a rage by a fun and harmless video. Kevin was obviously having fun and I doubt he went bankrupt buying that app.
    I think there's a bit of jealousy in the comments over there since Kevin can apparently afford to throw away $500 on something more or less useless. Many people hate on folks that have money to throw around, it's probably not a BB thing, just a "rich dude throwing his money down the toilet" thing.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-14-12 05:38 PM
    I don't understand the BlackBerry hate, though. If Android phones and iPhones are "so much better" than BlackBerrys, then why do they even bother to care? They could just leave us BlackBerry users alone. Sure, RIM has gotten some warranted bad press, but it certainly doesn't deserve what people give it these days.
    01-14-12 05:50 PM
    I hope for Kevin's peace of mind that clock was a rare antique.
    01-14-12 07:16 PM
    What I find quite amusing on those boards as well as this one are number of people bashing Blackberry and informing us how much better iPhones and Androids are. If they are so great (and no device is perfect) then I say go enjoy your device. I hope it works well for you and you have no problems at all with it (lots of luck with that.) Who are they trying to convince that other devices are superior, us or themselves? Most of us on this forum own BBs of one sort or another and don't need convincing how well they work! To the OP, if you're unhappy with your BB, then by all means go get your Android device and enjoy its' email service........... Do you need convincing how great it is? I'm sure it'll work for you and the others that don't like/want a Blackberry. IOWs if you don't like your BB, move on and quit complaining!

R...

Yeah, I was just looking at the comments posted on iMore for the same post.

It's one thing that they hate BlackBerry (for whatever reason). But to call Kevin names (some of them didn't even know who he was)? That's uncalled for! I wish I could say something but I don't want to create an account there to "troll" their posts, just as we would frown upon anyone doing that here.

Just to add, it seems that we have a much more "mature" community here at CrackBerry. I mean, we have people here who call the iPhone a "toy" and various other names, as well as mocking the other competitors. But we also have a lot of posters who defend those platforms and take offense to those insults. It doesn't seem that we have as many friends willing to defend BlackBerry (or even Our Fearless Leader!) on the platforms' networks like they do on CrackBerry.
    01-14-12 07:26 PM
    What I find quite amusing on those boards as well as this one are number of people bashing Blackberry and informing us how much better iPhones and Androids are. If they are so great (and no device is perfect) then I say go enjoy your device. I hope it works well for you and you have no problems at all with it (lots of luck with that.) Who are they trying to convince that other devices are superior, us or themselves? Most of us on this forum own BBs of one sort or another and don't need convincing how well they work! To the OP, if you're unhappy with your BB, then by all means go get your Android device and enjoy its' email service........... Do you need convincing how great it is? I'm sure it'll work for you and the others that don't like/want a Blackberry. IOWs if you don't like your BB, move on and quit complaining!

R...
    I totally agree with what you're saying But, the OP didn't mention anything about email or even anything wrong with BlackBerry. He seems just as genuinely unhappy about the hate as the rest of us.
    01-14-12 07:50 PM

R...
    I'm not sure you read my post correctly at all. LOL. I LOVE my BB and LOVE my PlayBook. I'd never switch to either of them, I just enjoy keeping in the know on all thing tech. Thats why I visit those sites. Honestly, where did you get that idea from, no where in my post does it say "I hate blackberry" or does it in any carry that connotation. As FlashFlare11 said, I just generally disapprove of the hate, and coming from a community called "Mobile Nations" it kinda seems odd that "Mobile Nations" allows this cross site bashing. I understand BlackBerry/RIM is having it's moment in the Spotlight, with analysts bashing RIM constantly, blogs constantly saying RIM is dead, etc... Us fan of BlackBerry don't need more bashing coming from other sources. Now, if we are the "Mobile Nations" should they not promote not bashing on the other sub communities? Should they not remove those hateful posts?

To all those who think I'm whining, I'm not, just showing general concern about all the hate. Is this world not full enough with hate, that we need to let this continue?
    Last edited by Thomasrox3; 01-15-12 at 12:06 AM.
    01-14-12 11:54 PM
    I saw the iMore post as well. I was disappointed for sure. It was not news worthy and was petty.

However, I think most of you are wrong about the BB bashing on other sites. I see little BB bashing and in fact little talking about BB. What I see more on the Android and iOS sites I visit are bashing between those two platforms. I would actually like to see RIM in the fray more in terms of debate because that would say they are considered highly relevant.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-15-12 10:40 AM
    yeah there is def. more bashing between Android and Apple. They get pretty
    bad is like a Boston Vs Yankee brawl lol.
    I do understand the hate on this site though as people constantly make fake
    accounts just to come in an bash RIM. Why? I have no idea maybe they
    are bored with their phones I dunno. I just don't see a reason to go to a website
    dedicated to a certain product and make a fake account just to write something
    negative.
    01-15-12 11:15 AM
    It appears I might have misread your original post and so I make humble apologies.

However, I still think there may be too much BB knocking and complaining by many for a BB board. I stand by my point that those that think other devices are so much superior, go get one and then join that board and complain about it!

Once again, sorry for misinterpitating the original post.

R...

I'm not sure you read my post correctly at all. LOL. I LOVE my BB and LOVE my PlayBook. I'd never switch to either of them, I just enjoy keeping in the know on all thing tech. Thats why I visit those sites. Honestly, where did you get that idea from, no where in my post does it say "I hate blackberry" or does it in any carry that connotation. As FlashFlare11 said, I just generally disapprove of the hate, and coming from a community called "Mobile Nations" it kinda seems odd that "Mobile Nations" allows this cross site bashing. I understand BlackBerry/RIM is having it's moment in the Spotlight, with analysts bashing RIM constantly, blogs constantly saying RIM is dead, etc... Us fan of BlackBerry don't need more bashing coming from other sources. Now, if we are the "Mobile Nations" should they not promote not bashing on the other sub communities? Should they not remove those hateful posts?

To all those who think I'm whining, I'm not, just showing general concern about all the hate. Is this world not full enough with hate, that we need to let this continue?
    01-15-12 11:48 AM
    are bored with their phones I dunno. I just don't see a reason to go to a website
    negative.
    You can't possibly say it any better than that. I agree with that statement 110%.
    01-15-12 12:34 PM
    I agree with the general points made by the OP. The level of discourse spends much time in the gutter. It's hardly unique to this site. Just spend 10 minutes looking at any political site.

As for insults thrown at Kevin, he pretty much brought this on himself. He posted the blog and the video. He was smart to do this. If it had leaked out that he spent an obscene amount of money on an app, the abuse would have been worse by a factor of 100. He invited people to pile on. That had the effect of blunting the criticism. Having said that, yeah, there will still be some hateful replies, but those are going to occur no matter what.
    01-15-12 12:58 PM
    negative.
    Yeah I do agree there may be more bashing between Apple and Android, but more often then not RIM/BlackBerry are singled out by them both(2v1 isn't a fair fight, unless your Chuck Norris(Even though he sold out to WoW))

Also agreed, there is quite a few of the other 2 communities user's that come here and feel the need to bash. And I follow your sentiments, Why do the iMores and the Androids feel it's necessary to come here and bash? Probably because they can get away with it. There is just so many of them that all we can do is defend our selves as best as we can. I'd like to think the CrackBerry communities members don't go and bash the users on their site, but I have no proof.

I would actually like to see RIM in the fray more in terms of debate because that would say they are considered highly relevant.
    As it stand(I'M NOT NOT BASHING BB HERE) we don't have enough relevancy to be in those debates, and we won't, I feel until we see BB10 devices later on this year. It's a matter of the current BB devices being geared towards Enterprise, iPhones being geared towards all the kids/adults that NEED to have the device that is most trendy at the time, and Androids being geared towards modders/techies/people who want to get the most out of their device. I love my BlackBerry to death, there's just no way in I couldn't get anywhere near winning a debate where it's RIM/Apple/Google.

Re
    Last edited by Thomasrox3; 01-15-12 at 01:40 PM.
    01-15-12 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD