I use Google Sync to be able to share my calendar appointments with my wife (who has an Android). Lately, when I enter appointments on my phone, they sync with my Google calendar, and then disappear from my BB calendar. They are still on my Google calendar, but syncing again does not get them back on my BB calendar. Really getting tired of the buggy way BB implements just about everything. I think I'm jumping (a sinking) ship here pretty soon and going to get a Razr.

Anyone know why my BB is erasing appointments I entered on it? Really pissing me off.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    10-27-11 03:06 PM
    Is there a setting in gsynch to move them from the bb to gcal? My gsynch does no such thing to me. Perhaps it is a g problem, they are not infallible you know. It in fact may not be a bb problem.

Why would you get a razr? Isn't that an old dumb phone with a flip design? /sarcasm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 03:39 PM
    BIS syncing works reasonably well for google calendar. No real need to use the app.
    10-27-11 03:42 PM
    BIS syncing works reasonably well for google calendar. No real need to use the app.
    Yeah, not really. The implementation of Google services is horrible. You can't sync more than 1 Google calendar (without a work around most users won't understand how to do). GMail "two way" sync may update your BB hours later if using both web based e-mail and your phone. It's always been like this. And forgot about adding/editing Google contacts and having those sync correctly.

Part of it is the enhanced plugin Google wrote for the BB, but RIM should have demanded it actually work before including it in their OS.

I struggle through it because I want to use a BB, but if you (and your family) want to do things like share and update calendars, Android is the way to go. You'll get tight integration and things will work because it's all Google.
    10-27-11 04:10 PM
    No you do not have to leave bb, you can share a common calendar through bbm groups. This of course does not require Google.

10-28-11 05:55 AM
    Yeah, not really. The implementation of Google services is horrible. You can't sync more than 1 Google calendar (without a work around most users won't understand how to do). GMail "two way" sync may update your BB hours later if using both web based e-mail and your phone. It's always been like this. And forgot about adding/editing Google contacts and having those sync correctly.

Part of it is the enhanced plugin Google wrote for the BB, but RIM should have demanded it actually work before including it in their OS.

I struggle through it because I want to use a BB, but if you (and your family) want to do things like share and update calendars, Android is the way to go. You'll get tight integration and things will work because it's all Google.
    Actually iOS handles google calendar syncing seamlessly too thanks to Eaxchange Active sync. You also have the option of iCloud instead which I use for Contacts and Tasks. I think google contacts sucks.
    10-28-11 09:37 AM
    No you do not have to leave bb, you can share a common calendar through bbm groups. This of course does not require Google.

except for the problem of the wife having an android phone...
    avt123 likes this.
    10-28-11 09:40 AM
    Rather than share my calendar, I just invite the other person while creating the appointment (or update an existing appointment by adding them). Not as convenient as sharing a calendar perhaps BUT there are no syncing issues of any kind. Do calendar invites from a BB to Android and vice-versa work?
    Alberta Blue likes this.
    10-28-11 10:26 AM
    Have her trade in the Android and get a real phone from BB. Hahaha.
    10-29-11 09:05 AM
    Haha, I was going to point that out...
    10-29-11 09:31 AM
    Have her trade in the Android and get a real phone from BB. Hahaha.
    I tried that with my wife. She insisted on an iPhone.
    10-29-11 07:45 PM
    How will going backward and getting a Razr solve your calendar issue?
    10-29-11 07:49 PM
    The New MOTOROLA RAZR - Android Smartphone - Ultra-Thin - Kevlar Strong - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. Rest of Europe

They are releasing a NEW Razr

As for BlackBerry having a Robust Calendar, the Calendar of the BlackBerry has always been CRAP!
    The ONLY time I have found the calendar robust is integrated with BES, with a SINGLE email address, but overly BlackBerry's Calendar is an embarrassing calendar for a Business device, my WinCE Calendars in 2002 were better
    10-29-11 07:53 PM
    not that razr
    10-29-11 07:55 PM
    Android is getting better with every new release. Significantly better. I fell in love (sort of) with the 9900 and had to have it but after just over a month I gave up. Too many things didn't work wool enough, or at all, even though they really should at this punt, even on BlackBerry.

GTalk, Google Voice, Google+, YouTube, and other Google services are either not working properly or don't exist for phones like the 9900.

I use these services regularly. GTalk was missing messages. Google Voice for BlackBerry is simply pitiful. YouTube application was unavailable as was Google +.

If I didn't use so many Google services it wouldn't gave been a big deal. However, like so many others, I actually do. I moved right back to the Sensation and now a Galaxy S II.
    10-30-11 02:33 AM
    Android is getting better with every new release. Significantly better. I fell in love (sort of) with the 9900 and had to have it but after just over a month I gave up. Too many things didn't work wool enough, or at all, even though they really should at this punt, even on BlackBerry.

GTalk, Google Voice, Google+, YouTube, and other Google services are either not working properly or don't exist for phones like the 9900.

I use these services regularly. GTalk was missing messages. Google Voice for BlackBerry is simply pitiful. YouTube application was unavailable as was Google +.

If I didn't use so many Google services it wouldn't gave been a big deal. However, like so many others, I actually do. I moved right back to the Sensation and now a Galaxy S II.

Gtalk works far better on BB then on Android, on Android you can't even send or receive media files. I know when a friend is on his Android and when he's logged in on his computer, when he's on his computer I can send him photos.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 10-30-11 at 02:42 AM.
    10-30-11 02:39 AM
    They are releasing a NEW Razr

As for BlackBerry having a Robust Calendar, the Calendar of the BlackBerry has always been CRAP!
    The ONLY time I have found the calendar robust is integrated with BES, with a SINGLE email address, but overly BlackBerry's Calendar is an embarrassing calendar for a Business device, my WinCE Calendars in 2002 were better
    I think everyone knew the Razr reference was sarcasm.

So, how about an example or two to substantiate your postulate that WinCE calendars in 2002 were or are still better than bb calendar. I have no issues with bb calendar and it seems quite fine, I cannot think of anything a calendar needs to do other than keep track of events for me and alarm when I need to reminded of things, so on that front, tell us what rocks WinCE 2002.

10-30-11 08:35 AM
    Which looked REALLY interesting until I found out it has a sealed battery. DAMN!!!!!

10-30-11 09:07 AM
    Which looked REALLY interesting until I found out it has a sealed battery. DAMN!!!!!

wow i didnt know that. hmm that is a little different.
    10-30-11 09:28 AM

A sealed battery allows for a thinner device.
    10-30-11 01:39 PM
    A sealed battery allows for a thinner device.
    Yes, but also removes the ability for extra battery's and reduces the chance of saving a phone after water damage.

Neither are important to all, but so some both of those are critical, I'd not take a phone without a removable battery on a canoe trip, or boating.
    10-30-11 03:16 PM
    Gtalk works far better on BB then on Android, on Android you can't even send or receive media files. I know when a friend is on his Android and when he's logged in on his computer, when he's on his computer I can send him photos.
    You're right about the NATIVE gtalk app not being able to send media files to contacts. However, I use an always-on IM app called imo.im that combines my contact lists from several clients, including gtalk. It's kind of like trillian. Anyway, these are the options I get to send media files to people on my gtalk list:

10-30-11 03:34 PM
    I think everyone knew the Razr reference was sarcasm.

So, how about an example or two to substantiate your postulate that WinCE calendars in 2002 were or are still better than bb calendar. I have no issues with bb calendar and it seems quite fine, I cannot think of anything a calendar needs to do other than keep track of events for me and alarm when I need to reminded of things, so on that front, tell us what rocks WinCE 2002.

My Audiovox Thera Running Microsoft Pocket PC Version 3.0

Gave me YEARLY Calendar view
    Gave me the option to display which Week of the year is was (1-52)
    on Screen "go to today" button
    The calendar remembered locations and subjects entered,
    Notes allowed the inclusion of a voice note and diagrams (diagrams is a BB limitation more than just their calendar)

Those are just some of the things that I am missing from my BlackBerry Calendar, that Microsoft offered almost a decade ago
    10-30-11 04:02 PM
    You're right about the NATIVE gtalk app not being able to send media files to contacts. However, I use an always-on IM app called imo.im that combines my contact lists from several clients, including gtalk. It's kind of like trillian. Anyway, these are the options I get to send media files to people on my gtalk list:

Click to view quoted image
    Still seems limited, these are the options I have with the BB native Gtalk app.
    10-30-11 04:27 PM
    Still seems limited, these are the options I have with the BB native Gtalk app.
    Very cool. Yeah it doesn't make much sense for a NATIVE GTALK app to be limited on android, lol. At least it allows video chatting, but I haven't tried that out yet.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    10-30-11 04:34 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD