I'm a new smartphone user. Evidently, there's years worth of technology i'm not up to date on.

Is there a good glossary of terms for all this language I hear? Battery pull? Soft reset? Memory leak?

I looked for this but found nothing so don't waste my time by flaming me.
    02-03-09 03:53 AM
    Unfortunately that information is not available in one centralized location... yet.

Battery pull - pulling the battery from the phone while it is turned on usually for a period of 30 seconds then replacing.
    Purpose - Usually clears up many issues that arise such as low memory, freezes, etc.

Soft reset - Resetting the phone without pulling the battery. Can be accomplished with alt + right shift + delete on full keyboard devices.
    Purpose - Very similar to a battery pull.

Memory Leak - Phone is very rapidly losing free memory which can lead to messages and call logs being deleted.
    02-03-09 04:27 AM
    Here's a great place to get started... take some time and read through what interests you and you will learn much, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series
    02-03-09 06:45 AM
    02-03-09 03:44 PM
    Go to the newbie section up top next to the downloads and tools ^
    02-03-09 04:54 PM
    I can see how it can get confusing with all the different terms and what not. Best bet is to spend time on the forums and don't be scared to post questions about things. There is a newbie forum you can post anything you want and shouldn't be flamed for it what so ever. If you ever need help with anything feel free to message or PIN me anytime.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 04:58 PM
    those blackberry 101 lessons are really good that were linked above. even old vets sometimes pick up new tricks from them!
    02-03-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD