I get more help here then I ever did over the android forums. I love XDA But help is way faster and almost always answered correctly over here on crackberry. I vote Conite as one of the best Mods/Members for this. It takes allot of time and effort to do this so it's kind if a tacky thing to say as in Crackberry is not as good. I was gone for a bit and now that I am back on BB10, seems the same to me as in great!!

Just my 3 cents. :x

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 04:59 PM
    Why it doesn't cost you anything? If they are making money and folks willingly come here then it is good. You can't know why some folks might like to come here.

Bgr.com gets along just fine hyping ever changing rumors, and renders daily. While interspersing ads posing as cool tech recommendations with their Amazon affiliate link embedded. Lol.

CrackBerry can live on as well.
    I'm using an iPhone 7+ but I'm a regular crackberry reader. Like I said before, if it isn't for you so be it. I'm a fan of crackberry personally.
    07-28-17 06:52 PM
    And if we are, someone owes me a big cheque
    My banker keeps an eye on me whenever I walk into the branch to use the ATM. LOL
    Carjackd likes this.
    07-28-17 10:06 PM
    The accusation that Crackberry itself (and its editor) is simply "an advertising channel, and I treat them as such." Being sponsored is a different kettle of fish than being controlled.
    totally agree. google is entirely supported by ads (sponsored), you wouldn't say google was controlled by those ads...(on the contrary, google call ths shot - place the ads to their liking).
    As for CB site, OP, you are heartless IMHO. CB is great to support user base of BB, especially when BB shut down the support site (always find CB is better to get app, software support, BB was great for configuratuion, network issues). The guide for K1 was very useful to any newbies that in contact with K1 (the official guide was coming much later). CB board also showcase some app that enhance the user experience, like amazon voting system, you pick better app easily after the truthful review. Some trick/hidden features that not on guide: how to speed up the device by change animation setting, Z30 FM radio, etc.etc. I do agree the content is getting thin due to limited handset released this year... 2017 only 2. Not like the old days 5-10 handsets per year, you get high try to figure out flavor of the day (plus CDMA, GSM, WCDMA, etc.etc. variation). Handset is in the transition period to replace laptop/tablet, especially with new airport rules in play. BBM/TCL/what ever the indonesia company is, if they start produce new handsets (not re-branding), CB will be there to help/hand held for the new users - look like TCL will launch K1 in Asia. Many that too young to use BB will experience the BB and hopefully, benefit greatly like the old days. As an alternative, CB fade, as you suggest, would you be happy with TCL occational tweet marketing and low key support? Without CB board, the screen lift will not be bought into focus as quickly (TCL/BBM 1st respond to CB board due to aggregated cases of screen lift). If you are a handset designer, CB board is a great place to learn the user requirement, wish list, dream device... un reasonable cost (free is better, especially India). User behavior... I do agree the post quality were down, but mod did the best to keep discussion clean... Besides appleinsider, CB is a useful site (appleinsider do have much more tech info, either hardware of software, i believe it because the close coupling between the fan site and company, that give the developer a leg up, I don't believe CB-BBM developed such an open relationship as yet, it might be calture thing- not use CB to its full potential... ). IMHO.
    07-29-17 04:02 AM
    The forum is dead , but I'd rather be here . Not a big fan of android central
    07-29-17 04:50 AM
    "if you are in a partnership, you are only as good as your weakest partner"-by Robert Kraft. So true. BB/TCL partnership and CB-BBM. If BBM is strong and get out serious good design, and address the antenna/reception problem with both hardware/software (configure APN), CB will never fade... TCL/BBM really should utilize CB as BB evangelical user base and develop base... they should put some effort into it to ensure its content to be updated. (including rumor devices, if not road map).
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    07-29-17 08:25 AM
    The forum is dead , but I'd rather be here . Not a big fan of android central
    So far from the Truth. CB and Forum alive and kicking. Another thing is if you insist in seeing something that's not here that is your vision. good luck
    07-29-17 09:58 AM
    Crackberry can't go away, as it is the official support forum for BlackBerry mobile phones.
    07-29-17 11:48 AM
    Oh common, I love all the bb10 tears and threads. cb gonna stay as long as BlackBerry mobile keep goofing up on launches and product quality.
    07-29-17 02:25 PM
    Oh common, I love all the bb10 tears and threads. cb gonna stay as long as BlackBerry mobile keep goofing up on launches and product quality.
    Let's hope so
    07-29-17 02:47 PM
    "Even 5 billion years from now, when the Earth, the Moon, and the Sun are gone, CB will exist. It will be lonely, but as long as one person still posts, it will be eternal proof that BlackBerry ever existed."
    phuoc likes this.
    07-29-17 02:55 PM
    I hope CB has a long and prosperous life ahead. I still come here, both to read the articles and participate in the forum. Have you actually been to Android Central, OP? You get maybe one BlackBerry related article every 2 months, and the comments are invariably all negative from the Samsung fanboys. Forums on BlackBerry devices are dead.

Here, we have discussions in a BlackBerry friendly environment, we get real help instead of 'buy a real phone' comments, and honestly, without the editorial content, the forums would suffer.

CB has entered a new, more mature stage in its lifecycle, as has the rest of the mobile device market. I don't think we'll see the same frenzied pace of phone releases - most of the innovation will be in inter-connectivity between smart devices. And whenever any of it even remotely relates to BlackBerry, I'm sure we'll read about it in an article here.
    07-31-17 08:59 AM
    I don't have the traffic numbers for the site, but I think it's logical to acknowledge that overall visitors, and their interaction has probably dropped (and continues to drop) to very low levels. This doesn't mean that people don't use Crackberry , or that it's not useful anymore. Though smaller, there is definitely a need.

If I were TCL, I'd probably continue to support and let things play out on Crackberry as they are now. They have taken a very cautious approach to their BBmobile line of phones. If it takes off, then people will come back. If not, then the number of visitors will continue to decline until they are far enough away from the BB10 and legacy devices, they can pull the plug. At that point you just roll BlackBerry Phones into the medley of other Android phones on Android Central.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    08-09-17 11:40 AM
    I don't have the traffic numbers for the site, but I think it's logical to acknowledge that overall visitors, and their interaction has probably dropped (and continues to drop) to very low levels. This doesn't mean that people don't use Crackberry , or that it's not useful anymore. Though smaller, there is definitely a need.
    So as a long time Crackberry supporter, isn't it time for Crackberry to fade away?-rmyt.png
    08-09-17 12:04 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rmyt.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	428412
    Where did you find that information?
    09-03-17 08:55 AM
    Where did you find that information?
    It's right at the bottom of the main forum page, if you're looking at it on the desktop.
    09-03-17 10:06 AM
    You should probably read what I'm writing before you get all defensive and jump on your white horse. But whatever you say. Keep up the good fight.
    Aww... I don't log in for a while and then find Ray refusing hugs.. BAD RAY! DIRTY RAY! IN YOUR BED!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-17 05:05 PM
    I quickly browsed all this -- all I can say is that I liked the idea of a Canadian cell phone manufacturer and designer, and I obviously am not apprised of the business relationship between BlackBerry and TCL, although I think I understand that TCL is manufacturing the Android BlackBerry phones now because BlackBerry and indeed no North American cell phone producer than I know of is manufacturing them in North America, the economic factors being what they are. However I became a cell phone owner only in 2013 with the Z10, and I chose it as I wanted to support a Canadian effort ... then I had to switch to a DTek50 recently, the TCL phone offered by BlackBerry, as my Bell account got hacked probably via an unwise WiFi connection and Bell sent me the DTek50 instead of a new SIM for the Z10.... I do miss the OS10, but probably BlackBerry should have gone with Android originally. Maybe manufacturing will one day come back to Canada, who knows... the world is obviously a changing place. I felt very badly as a Canadian citizen of "mature" age that Canadians didn't go out to support BlackBerry and ignore Apple and Samsung, but we aren't really that unified and passionate a country, and our young people feel like exploring the products that excite other people elsewhere and have to, it seems, go in those directions... I think if Canadians had demanded of BB to produce the emerging typical smartphone and bought the products, always demanding whatever tweaks they wanted, it would have happened differently. Canadians and especially young Canadians "did in" the BlackBerry smartphone manufacturing effort by their buying habits, which in this old female's view are like any youthful thing, exploratory, and wanting what other people in the USA think is great and wonderful, and subject to mass hysterias over this and that...
    The Canadian cell phone market is probably smaller than the whole California market. We have little influence on decisions made by international smartphone companies.

I think that is difficult to run a company when your primary markets were outside of your home market.
    09-04-17 02:03 AM
    I wish there was more talk on the Hub Suite +...some of the apps are good and hope that they add more. More the better.
    09-04-17 07:36 AM
    I wish there was more talk on the Hub Suite +...some of the apps are good and hope that they add more. More the better.
    They need more devices to create more talk imo. DTEK and priv is just too laggard and running on old OS to take advantage of Nougat, and just the KEYone can't be best iteration of such apps running on a BB.
    09-04-17 08:24 AM
95 ... 234