View Poll Results: How do you feel about RIM and CB's continued use of "Let's Rock n Roll This"?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get rid of it!!! It wreaks cheese, definitely not helping RIM/BB image

38 33.63%
  • I actually like it.

34 30.09%
  • Meh, I'm neutral on the subject.

41 36.28%
    EDIT:

This is what I think of when I hear Thorsten or anyone else say "Let's rock n roll this."

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=4XSeFVWqCXA[/YT]

Branching off from another thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=727963

From today's front page blog post:

http://crackberry.com/rim%E2%80%99s-...rry-10-working

I thought we were over this...
    Last edited by jranciano; 06-23-12 at 09:59 PM.
    06-22-12 12:49 PM
    I don't know. I guess it is a good moral booster for those working. But maybe that's where they need to keep it.
    06-22-12 01:03 PM
    I wouldn't call it a tagline. It's more like a fist-pump style joke between two friends.

And it's funny because of the deliver. You need to say it like Arnold says "I'll be back".

That's the whole thing. This was RIM's new CEO on an internal webcast just giving a pep talk. But it was funny and it resonated. The word "got out there" to the likes of us about it. We perpetuated it a bit.

Anybody who gets the real story gets the humor in it. Anybody who just hears it without the back story... sure, I can see them thinking it's a bit lame. But if you get it, you get it, and it's funny cool.

So bottom line.. we're not pushing it. We're not hiding from using it either. But if we use it, get why it's funny. Don't fight it. It's not marketing here. This is RIM putting their heads down working and us giving them some motivation and encouragement.
    06-22-12 01:05 PM
    I wouldn't call it a tagline. It's more like a fist-pump style joke between two friends.

And it's funny because of the deliver. You need to say it like Arnold says "I'll be back".

That's the whole thing. This was RIM's new CEO on an internal webcast just giving a pep talk. But it was funny and it resonated. The word "got out there" to the likes of us about it. We perpetuated it a bit.

Anybody who gets the real story gets the humor in it. Anybody who just hears it without the back story... sure, I can see them thinking it's a bit lame. But if you get it, you get it, and it's funny cool.

So bottom line.. we're not pushing it. We're not hiding from using it either. But if we use it, get why it's funny. Don't fight it. It's not marketing here. This is RIM putting their heads down working and us giving them some motivation and encouragement.
    06-22-12 01:05 PM
    Even the fearless leader sometimes double posts.
    Makes me feel much better about myself.
    06-22-12 01:14 PM
    I voted that I don't care. It won't make or break RIM.
    06-22-12 02:32 PM
    It won't really have a impact on RIM but I'm not a fan of it.
    It sounds cheesy. Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    JR A, howarmat and Crude Berry like this.
    06-22-12 02:41 PM
    It won't have an impact on RIM but it is an asinine catchphrase or whatever
    it is being called.

Back story or not (sorry Kevin) it still sounds like a long dead, highly annoying
    phrase only a Valley Girl would use AND feel clever for doing so.
    Crude Berry likes this.
    06-22-12 02:48 PM
    Worse then "Winning!" Same with the "Be Bold"
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    06-22-12 02:49 PM
    I can see the WSJ headlines already, "Racist RIM Employees/Loyalists Continually Mock Current CEO, Stock Drops 3%"
    06-22-12 03:37 PM
    Actually, I like it.
    Loads better than Be Bold.
    06-22-12 03:43 PM
    It's an in joke. If you're reading this thread, then you are the type of person who is involved at a level so much deeper than the average user. I associate it with "The RIMpire Strkes Back". To a Crackberry enthusiast, you'll get a smile for saying that. To anyone else, they'll just scratch their head and say, "What?".
    06-22-12 03:58 PM

Just like "I'll be back", this needs a video clip.
    06-22-12 04:01 PM
    I think it's fun, and like others have said, it's an inside joke now with CB and RIM. Watching THor give the fist pump and say it at BBWorld was epic.

It's not something RIM has used in marketing so much as motivation and morale

(alliteration much?)
    06-22-12 04:54 PM
    I also think that the "Be Bold" and "Get Things Done" tag lines are really lackluster and don't really effectively capture the interests of the consumer, which obviously where they should be focused.
    Yaceka likes this.
    06-22-12 04:57 PM
    I heard Bings slogan last night. "Bing is for Doing". Interesting.
    06-22-12 05:05 PM
    I also think that the "Be Bold" and "Get Things Done" tag lines are really lackluster and don't really effectively capture the interests of the consumer, which obviously where they should be focused.
    Okay, now you're talking about two different things. "Be Bold" and "Get Things Done" (and "tools not toys", for that matter) are public, and used in marketing campaigns. Note that RIM has a new Chief Marketing Officer and the odds are good the company is getting set to take an entire new direction as BB10 launches. I suspect they will soon be gone.

Is "Let's rock and roll this" a little cheesy? Maybe, but it's NOT MEANT FOR PUBLIC CONSUMPTION. It's not a part of RIM's marketing, it's kind of an internal rallying cry for BB geeks. As K-Mich says, it's kind of a "thing" between CB and Thor.

For cryin' out loud, let it go.
    Toodeurep and Michelle Haag like this.
    06-22-12 05:08 PM
    I think it's terrible, who really says rock and roll anymore anyways except really old people. It's just associating Blackberry with an old person image imo..much like this photo:

And the Be Bold slogan is just as bad..
    JR A and blackmoe like this.
    06-22-12 05:16 PM
    Is "Let's rock and roll this" a little cheesy? Maybe, but it's NOT MEANT FOR PUBLIC CONSUMPTION. It's not a part of RIM's marketing, it's kind of an internal rallying cry for BB geeks. As K-Mich says, it's kind of a "thing" between CB and Thor.

Well, as far as "rallying cry's" go..it's still TERRIBLE. If I actually heard someone shout that to a group of people, i'd probably slap them and revoke their man card.
    06-22-12 05:18 PM
    Okay, now you're talking about two different things. "Be Bold" and "Get Things Done" (and "tools not toys", for that matter) are public, and used in marketing campaigns. Note that RIM has a new Chief Marketing Officer and the odds are good the company is getting set to take an entire new direction as BB10 launches. I suspect they will soon be gone.

I now thery are public. I thought I would mention them though, because, In My Opinion, they are just as bad, boring, bland, unexciting, etc...

In My Opinion, of course.

And, let what go exactly?
    06-22-12 05:24 PM
    Well, as far as "rallying cry's" go..it's still TERRIBLE. If I actually heard someone shout that to a group of people, i'd probably slap them and revoke their man card.
    I'm not trying to argue that it's a good line. I'm just wondering why it's any of our business what they choose to say to each other internally.
    06-22-12 05:32 PM
    I'm not trying to argue that it's a good line. I'm just wondering why it's any of our business what they choose to say to each other internally.
    it's not. This is all for fun, share some opinions, share some thoughts, have a little fun debate, etc...

Which is what forums are for, no?
    06-22-12 05:34 PM
    It could have been worse. It could have been "A one, and a two, and a three, and a...hit it boys!"
    JR A and jakie55 like this.
    06-22-12 05:45 PM
    I actually like it. His presentation wreaked of enthusiasm and eagerness for BB-10. Sure it mightve sounded somewhat lame to the predominantly tech savy users on this forum, but given its context, in front of thousands of other people with an obvious interest in RIM, I think it was a great go-getter phrase. It says to me "ok we got this, 'lets rock it' people.
    06-22-12 05:46 PM
    it's not. This is all for fun, share some opinions, share some thoughts, have a little fun debate, etc...

Which is what forums are for, no?
    I guess because I see enough cheap shots at RIM for things that ARE our business. Are we going to start taking shots over who supplies their paper clips?
    06-22-12 05:57 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD