Im killing Google maps from my BB Storm... I havent had any decent luck with it finding my location... its constantly outside the range of 1500 meters no matter where I am in the state of Washington... and when I rely on it when Im in an unknown place it makes it a bit hard to trust.... so until google supports GPS im done with it on my phone..... Anyone know how well the Garmin app works? I like how clean it is and the fact it gives you verbal turn by turn directions but im not sure if its worth my 100$... I just "unlocked" my gps capability tonight and noticed a big difference in the BB maps app on how many more satilites I get...
    02-12-09 01:13 AM
    I think that if you get more satelites on ?Maps then you're better off. With me it's the opposite. GoogleMaps finds me within 4 meters. I'm in Southern Cali close to the L.A. area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 01:41 AM
    I thought google did support GPS. Theyfound me within like 20 ft.

02-12-09 02:06 AM
    I thought google did support GPS. Theyfound me within like 20 ft.

For sprint they do. but not verizon...
    02-12-09 02:13 AM
    I understand your frustration. That's why I got rid of Yahoo! Go. But I think Google Maps is still a great app. Even without GPS, you can load a bunch of favorites, and the (tower) triangulation is better than nothing when you're somewhere you're not familiar with.
    02-12-09 10:35 AM
    I like AT&T Navigator... I'm a rare breed as it seems everyone has Gmaps.
    02-12-09 10:45 AM
    I like AT&T Navigator... I'm a rare breed as it seems everyone has Gmaps.
    Not everyone I deleted Gmaps from my Pearl because I found I didnt use it enuff. I have a little garmin Nuvi in my car and I can use all the extra memory I can get.

claire
    02-12-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD