... but she's still not fully convinced she should get one, mainly because she hears me b*tching about the small annoying things, as most significant others do, and she doesn't hear as much of the praising and slobbering over the BB's that I do on here. basically, she's thinking she will be let down in some way about it's functions, that it won't be doing what she wants it to do. she specifically is looking at the Curve 8900.

what I would like from all of you here at Crackberry is to prove her wrong, and tell her exactly what you think (in a positive way) about the 8900 as well as all blackberries in general. apparently my assurance isn't doing much good by itself, so it's time to bring out the big guns. so what do you guys say? wanna do this for me? help a CB brother out
    05-06-09 02:40 AM
    While I am not big on trying to convince anyone on getting a BB
    in this case it really is quite simple. The 8900 is the single best BB
    in current rotation.

Smaller than the Bold - if she has small hands this is good.
    More memory than any Curve, Pearl, and Bold
    Much much better screen
    Many themes available
    Many accessories available

And finally, she will be able to look at both your phones,
    look at hers, look at yours again and chuckle
    05-06-09 02:50 AM
    Wow amazing. You almost make me wanna trade my bold for the 8900...lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 06:09 AM
    While I am not big on trying to convince anyone on getting a BB
    in this case it really is quite simple. The 8900 is the single best BB
    in current rotation.

Smaller than the Bold - if she has small hands this is good.
    More memory than any Curve, Pearl, and Bold
    Much much better screen
    Many themes available
    Many accessories available

And finally, she will be able to look at both your phones,
    look at hers, look at yours again and chuckle
    LOL
    yeah I think that will pretty much do it for her.
    05-06-09 06:11 AM
    I say quit ******** about the annoying things they're probably not as bad you're making them out to be, at least to her anyway.

Personally, I never really looked into getting a BB and felt it was unnecessary to have one considering at the time I thought other phones were capable of doing the same functions.

I was wrong.

BB is much more than a phone. It's more or less a reflection of the user's personality that can be customized to whatever their needs may be. Music, videos, pictures. Yeah, media is covered. Texting, Twitter, Facebook. Keeping it social, check. Bringing your work with you wherever you go, yeah that's there. Hobbies? If there isn't an app already out there for what you like to do, it's probably being worked on and on the way. Favorite color? geez, another endless list from themes to housing/cases.

If you're on the fence on getting a BB. At the very least, try it out for a few days.
    Last edited by Duvi; 05-07-09 at 12:15 AM. Reason: language edit
    05-06-09 07:33 AM
    Get an Iphone.

05-06-09 07:33 AM
    Just stop pissing and moaning about the little things that tick you off about your BB. There will never be a perfect BB. Every BB will eventually shut off, freeze, or do some other little thing that just makes us BB owners a little ticked! But I say make her get one! Lol she wouldn't be as let down and she thinks she would. She would get it and pay more attention to it for a while than you. I know when I got my BB it was like nothing else in the world was going on around me, just me and my BB.
    05-06-09 07:36 AM
    You can tell her that the bb can do sooo much more than her 'regular' cell phone can now
    05-06-09 08:48 AM
    i'm trying to get my significant other to get a bb, so that she can be way more organized than she currently is lol
    05-06-09 08:56 AM
    Have to agree with AG here.
    05-06-09 08:58 AM
    the 8900 is sexy as ****. good reception and good web browsing. i have many girly themes on mine a nice cover and i named it as its my 2nd baby
    05-06-09 09:03 AM
    Just stop pissing and moaning about the little things that tick you off about your BB. There will never be a perfect BB. Every BB will eventually shut off, freeze, or do some other little thing that just makes us BB owners a little ticked! But I say make her get one! Lol she wouldn't be as let down and she thinks she would. She would get it and pay more attention to it for a while than you. I know when I got my BB it was like nothing else in the world was going on around me, just me and my BB.
    I heard that... yeah she only pays attention to the negative things I've said about it and uses that as her reasoning but I've successfully talked her into it, should be coming in a couple days. I'm just glad she'll be a BB nerd with me. I told her she would be thoroughly impressed with it. she's always had dumbphones.
    05-06-09 04:39 PM
    the 8900 is sexy as ****. good reception and good web browsing. i have many girly themes on mine a nice cover and i named it as its my 2nd baby
    Ok, if no one else is gonna ask!

What did you name your BB (baby)?

And OP, get your girlfriend on here, I want to talk to her. have her send me a pin and i'll tell her why she should have one, and why you get so pissed at yours! LOL...cause like the rest of us knuckleheads, instead of just adding a few apps and doing what the bb does, we mess with it.

"Hmmmm...i wonder what this would do? BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ? CRAP"
    05-06-09 04:49 PM
    Get an Iphone.

Iphones are for people who don't know how to use the blackberry to its full capabilities.
    05-06-09 04:51 PM
    I've heard that owning a BlackBerry makes you more popular than Obama.

Other than that, a happy BlackBerry owner, is a happy BlackBerry phone.

05-06-09 04:52 PM
    Iphones are for people who don't know how to use the blackberry to its full capabilities.

Hahaha, I haven't heard that one yet...
    05-06-09 04:54 PM
    "Hmmmm...i wonder what this would do? BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ? CRAP"
    story of my life right there.

I've always thought that iphones are for people who have the attention spans of 5 year olds
    05-06-09 05:00 PM
    I didn't read through the threads fully but bb messenger is a huge plus for anyone in a relationship.. and blackberry's in general.

People rave about the 8900 its a good device and if you both have a blackberry BB messenger is unbeatable text communication between 2 devices IMO
    05-06-09 05:08 PM
    Eh I'd just tell her "Look you want it? Go get it. If you don't want it then that's fine."
    05-06-09 05:11 PM
    I didn't read through the threads fully but bb messenger is a huge plus for anyone in a relationship.. and blackberry's in general.

People rave about the 8900 its a good device and if you both have a blackberry BB messenger is unbeatable text communication between 2 devices IMO
    that's one of the main reasons for getting it, so we can communicate easier. HUGE plus. that and the fact that she wants to try and one-up me with a slick phone

Eh I'd just tell her "Look you want it? Go get it. If you don't want it then that's fine."
    that's what I said when I gave up, but she snarled at me when I said that. I was waiting for the smoke to come out her nose.
    05-06-09 05:11 PM
    Women.

05-06-09 05:30 PM
    that's one of the main reasons for getting it, so we can communicate easier. HUGE plus. that and the fact that she wants to try and one-up me with a slick phone

that's what I said when I gave up, but she snarled at me when I said that. I was waiting for the smoke to come out her nose.

what phone is she trying to one-up you with..

I mean if she personally wants a different phone and you see it as better then your current phone don't stop her.

Now if the phone she is going for is a royal piece of crap thats a different story..
    05-06-09 05:33 PM
    I finally talked my wife into getting an 8900. She bitched about it for the first two weeks. In that time I was able to teach her how to use it. Now she can't put it down.

Just like crack...berry...
    05-06-09 05:53 PM
    what phone is she trying to one-up you with..

I mean if she personally wants a different phone and you see it as better then your current phone don't stop her.

Now if the phone she is going for is a royal piece of crap thats a different story..
    the curve 8900. she thinks the bold is too "big" and calls it a man phone. I'm fine with that though. I really like the 8900 too, I'm really not biased when it comes to blackberries (except the storm, just don't like it). I'm just glad she's getting one. she's quick to learn about a phone so I'm thinking she'll get addicted pretty fast.
    05-06-09 06:20 PM
    ohh I thought you were trying to convince her off of something non blackberry.

no matter which way you look at it once you buy a blackberry you usually will own another ;D
    05-06-09 07:14 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD