And my mobile device policy for years has been with RIM/BB, and I have hundreds if not thousands of users running OS 6 and OS 7 devices...

-What's my investment to get BES servers and devices for my employees?
    -Will there be any sort of "packaging" of devices and servers?
    -Will BB continue to support OS 7 with software updates and device warranties?

To me, this is where the rubber meets the road on BB's future success. Some consumers will switch, most consumers with BB's will upgrade, but retaining and potentially growing in the corporate sector is the vital stat here.
    02-02-13 12:17 PM
    BlackBerry has already said publicly that they will continue to support OS7 for the foreseeable future. The fact that in the weeks prior to the BB10 launch event several carriers announced new OS7 devices for their networks shows that OS7 isn't going anywhere anytime soon. When you see the mainstream carriers cease offering OS7 devices, that's when you know that the end is near for OS7 support. In time as people/companies upgrade devices, the majority of folks will be using OS7 or BB10 devices but in some emerging markets, the older devices running OS6 (and older operating systems) will be used longer even when BlackBerry ends support for the OS.
    02-02-13 12:24 PM
    hankj25, I started a thread about this a couple of weeks ago that might help you. I did everything within my power (and I do mean that) to coherse my corporate office to run BES 10. I took all of the info that I compiled from Crackberry's amazing community and from BlackBerry's manager of enterprise relations and handed it over to my corp office and they are currently "reviewing" it.

Essentially all you need is a computer to run the new BES10 software. You will have to leave your BES5 system alone and BES10 will run along side it for now. BlackBerry is giving all of the software and licensing for BES10 away for FREE right now.

Check every last detail on my thread at: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...w-what-764171/

Enjoy!
    02-02-13 01:01 PM
    thanks! good info.
    02-02-13 01:58 PM